About this listing
Welcome to Malletts Bay! Adorable 1 BR, 1 bath cottage w/beach access; clean & quaint. Overlooking Lake Champlain with incredible sunset views. The Cottage makes a great base to explore Burlington & the area. Both Colchester (our property address) and the city of Burlington have recently been listed in "Business Advice" on the list of 10 Best Places to Live in New England)
Your accommodation is a fully furnished 1 bedroom cottage. Living room including a double size futon, 32" TV, WIFI, dining area, galley kitchen with gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker and dishes. 1 bedroom (queen bed), ensuite bath with linens & towels provided.
The Cottage has been recently re-decorated but maintains its historic charm. You will have outdoor space to enjoy al-fresco dining as a gas grill is provided along with a picnic table, fire-pit and Adirondack chairs to relax & enjoy the view.
We've installed a small, electric, mounted space heater in the living room. This is sufficient to 'take the chill out' for early/late season bookings. A ceiling fan in the bedroom has been added for the hot summer nights.
Just across the street is the private beach, shared with hosts.
The Cottage grounds are clearly marked by a cedar hedge for privacy with parking area for two vehicles.
Guests have beach access across the street. A gas grill is provided along with a picnic table plus fire-pit and Adirondack chairs.
Interaction with guests
The Cottage sits on the family property, owners are apt to be on the grounds however, The Cottage is for your private use during your stay. There is no planned interaction with guests - a host will be made available should you need one.
* Bayside Park with volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, a skateboard park, playground and a public beach with life guards is less than one mile away. Bayside Paddle Sports - renting stand up paddleboards, kayaks and pedal boat rentals is located on the beach.
* The Burlington Bike Path
* Colchester Causeway and Bike Path
* The Church Street Marketplace in downtown Burlington
* ECHO Lake Aquarium & Science Center
* The Burlington Waterfront
* Shelburne Farms
* Recently updated Winooski City Center with shops and restaurants
* The University of Vermont, Champlain College and St Michael's College
Fun Things To Do:
* Hiking in the Green Mountains – Mt. Philo, Mt. Mansfield and Camels Hump
* Sunset drive-in movie theater
* The Champlain Valley Exposition
* Vermont Lake Monsters - Class A Professional baseball team
* Burlington Farmers' Market
* Vermont Teddy Bear Company
* Lake Champlain Chocolate factory
* The Ben & Jerry's factory
* Skateland Vermont - indoor roller skating
* MetroRock - rock climbing gym
* The Essex Speedway & Action Center - indoor go-karting
* Beer tastings and tours at local Micro Brewerys
Points of interest a bit further away:
* Lake Champlain Islands (30 minutes).
* Stowe (1 hour).
* Montreal, Canada (1 ½ hours-don't forget your passport).
The Cottage is easily reached via interstate 89.
Burlington International Airport is 20 minutes away.
Downtown Burlington is 15 minutes away.
Other things to note
THIS IS A NON SMOKING PROPERTY
We've installed a small, electric, mounted space heater in the living room. This is sufficient to 'take the chill out' - but should not not be considered equivalent to central heat.
Rental contract required upon booking - cancellation fees apply.
Priority/discount is given to full week rentals.
Your payment will be refunded, less $25 administrative charge, for cancellations occurring more than 60 days before your check-in date.
For cancellations occurring under 60 days before your check-in date, 50% of your reservation fee will be forfeited.
For cancellations less than 30 days before your check-in date, your full payment will be forfeited.
No refunds for any reason will be given for cancellations occurring on or after your check-in date.
No credit will be given for shortened stays due to late arrival or early departure for any reason.
No refunds due to weather.
Illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
Parking for 2 cars.
You must be 21 years of age.
Maximum 4 guests.
Rental agreement required. To be forwarded upon reservation confirmation.