Situated in a wonderful local neighbourhood, your bedroom is a sunny peaceful retreat only 15 minutes walk to all the wonderful attractions of lovely Edinburgh. It also has amazing views of Arthurs Seat! Friendly to all people! Free on street parking.
Experience real Edinburgh staying with me in a bright traditional top floor Victorian tenement in an exciting part of town, walking distance to central Edinburgh but quiet and peaceful at the same time.
My flat is quite small, but I'd describe it as happy, eclectic and cosy! The bedroom is quite large relative to the flat.
I have made sure there is plenty of hanging space in the wardrobe for you as well as power sockets near the bed!! There is also plenty of other storage for all your belongings. There is a tv in the bedroom for relaxing with BBC iPlayer, and free Netflix for movies and tv shows if you don't want to go out in the evening!
You can also enjoy meals cooked in my kitchen. My flat is three floors up, all rooms are back and south-facing so often all you can hear is the sound of birds and seagulls softly in the background while sunlight streams through the windows.
I wake up with the light so there are also blackout blinds if you don't want to be woken by the very early Edinburgh sunrises in the summer!
I have two liquid passions - Tea and Gin! I have ordinary tea bags but guests are welcome to sample any of the teas from my tea shelves and brew to perfection in my special Tea Maker kettle! For coffee lovers there is also a nespresso coffee maker.
This is a small, but cozy and homely apartment. I work long hours and am often away during the day when you have full access to the kitchen and living room. In the evening, although you have access to the living room, it is my downtime space and if you would like to watch something specific then it's best to do that on the TV in the bedroom!
The kitchen is small but has all regular appliances and you'll have a bit of cupboard and fridge space. You can use all my condiments (oil, salt, sugar, spices etc) for cooking small meals, as well as the washing machine should you need to do a wash!
I find most guests prefer to eat out for breakfast, but you are welcome to help yourself to whatever breakfast items I have (bread, cereal, milk, cheese and eggs usually!)
Interaction with guests
I love sharing my passion for Edinburgh (especially its foodie and drinking places) and hearing about where you come from, but I am happy for guests to be as independent as they wish to be.
Other things to note
My apartment is on the third floor of a Victorian tenement so there is no lift. For this reason it is not suitable for anyone with mobility issues. Mostly I stay in the apartment, but there are often times - usually for work - when I may not be there and you will have the place to yourself for some or all of your stay.
1. This is a Victorian tenement with thick walls so noise doesn’t travel too much, but please try and be respectful to my neighbours if you are leaving early or coming back late. If you are in the apartment please be respectfully quiet after 10:30pm.
2. Unfortunately I cannot accommodate any pets.
3. Only registered guests with airbnb are allowed to enter the flat unless we have discussed this in person. This means no parties as well!
4. This is strictly a non-smoking flat. Please also refrain from any illegal drug use and excessive alcohol consumption. A professional cleaning fee may be charged if there is any evidence of smoking while staying in the apartment.
5. Please try and remember to turn off any lights when leaving the apartment.
6. If you lose the keys there will be a £30 replacement fee.
7. Please don’t remove or move anything from the bedroom or apartment
8. You can use the kitchen facilities but please clean the worktops and clean your dishes once you have finished eating. You can use regular condiments like herbs and spices, salt & pepper, oil, milk and butter.
9. Any alcohol that is in the living room or kitchen can be drunk but please put payment for any of this in the silver teapot.
10. You can have a bath but just check beforehand in case I need the loo!
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a photographer from the UK in my 30s. Love travelling the world and experiencing it through the food especially. I'm chilled out, relaxed and having stayed in lots of airbnbs from Australia to the usa I feel I know what it takes to provide the best host experience