The Ohana will be your home while visiting the Big Island. Start your day with a fresh cup of James Bean Coffee from our farm. You have your own private entrance to the Ohana and access to a shared kitchen. Free parking.
We are only a 10 min. drive from downtown Kona. The approx. 1000ft elevation offer a comfortable 5-10 degrees cooler retreat after a day at the Kona side beaches. Enjoy the sounds of the jungle and the stunning view, soak in the hot tub, and most importantly, have fun!
- The house has been called a piece of art by some of our guests :-)
- Queen size bed plus sofabed as well as two single beds in a separate sleeping area.
- You have your own small refrigerator and microwave
- One bathroom with shower and toilet
- Free parking
- Kitchen shared with the hosts
- There is NO clothes washer available for guests.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE "OTHER NOTES" FURTHER DOWN THE PAGE. Thank you!
- You have your own private entrance
- Kitchen and deck shared with the hosts
Interaction with guests
- Breakfast gives you the opportunity to pick our brains for your days' adventure if you so desire. You can cook your own meals if you like, the kitchen is shared with the hosts.
- Coffee farm tours can be arranged at your/James' convenience.
- We love to interact with our guests, giving them tipps about the best spots on the island but naturally also respect their privacy.
Other things to note
- The kitchen is shared with the hosts.
- The jungle sounds at night (frogs, wild pigs, cats etc.) can be pretty loud!
- Please note that additional overnight guests will be charged an extra 25.- per night. The booking system adds the amount automatically. Contact us if there are additional guests staying for only part of your booking.
- Mom's tree house is quirky and special. You might be serenaded by different animals during the night (one of our guests called it: "complete with the grandest symphony of frogs"). This can be a paradisical experience for travelers who are open to the "jungle feeling"!
- If you do need your quiet during the night or are terribly scared of geckos, you might want to look for a different accommodation ;-)
- Please also note that we have 2 cats (they stay outdoors at all times).
- Connect with us on Instagram :) @treehousekona and @jamesbean.coffee
Keep it clean, respect the neighborhood but most of all HAVE FUN!!
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
James is a passionate coffee farmer, lover of good breakfasts and beautiful sunsets. His wife Keiko can usually be found behind her camera, on the hunt for fresh mangoes or in the ocean snorkeling.
They met through Airbnb, can you believe it? So of course they are passionate about Airbnb's "LIVE THERE" concept and love to host guests from all over the world.
Connect with us on Instagram :) @treehousekona