At the top of Portobello Market, this flat overlooks busy market days, but manages to stay super quiet. Come visit the market, the bohemian atmosphere of one of West London's busy attractions. Tour locations filmed in the Hugh Grant film Notting Hill and experience a great mix of West London lifestyle.
The room has a double bed and a dresser, and has access to the shared 1.5 bathrooms and you're welcome to use the shared living room and kitchen.
And of course, there’s a few things in the room and flat that will make your London experience more comfortable:
• Local info pack:
• Washing machine (great after a few days/weeks of travel)
• Iron and Ironing Board
• Kettle and Coffee and Tea
• Microwave oven, toaster, oven, range, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc, etc, etc
• Feel free to use the stereo – there’s no TV, so you’re forced to get out into the city! Although if you’re tech-savvy, I’m sure you’ll be able to figure out how to use the WiFi to get some TV up and running.
• The flat cleaner comes every second week, so it’s nice and refreshed for you to visit.
• You’ll want an A2Z map book for touring around...and I have a couple if needed.
Common Questions and Answers
Q: Is it easy to access main attractions of London from your place?
A: Yes, easy! Easy transport links make it great
t is very easy. The flat is located in an excellent area, with a bus stop 2 minutes away and a tube stop only 5 mins walk away. From either of these two transport options you can be in town within 20 minutes.
Q: Is it situated in a safe neighborhood if we wish to get back to the place at late night?
A: Notting Hill and Portobello are completely safe now, and very well lit. (Although the metal shutters that the shops have put up for the Notting Hill Carnival in September can be a bit disconcerting!). Of course, be careful as you would in your own city or town.
Q: Towels and Linen are included?
A: Of course!
There are 1.5 shared bathrooms and a shared living room and kitchen. Do feel free to hang out!
Interaction with guests
Your host is Robin, a Canadian working all across the city on all kinds of crazy projects. I’m in my thirties and am just getting started on this site. I’m keen to share the great times I’ve had here in London and look forward to touring the city with visitors and new friends. (Or if you prefer, I can leave you to your own devices.)
Not sure what house rules means in this context. Don't party like animals!? Party like a wee animal!? Keep the place relatively clean? Don't steal my stuff?
Also, AirBnB says that top listings have lots and lots of house rules. Here are mine.
1. Don't steal my stuff.
2. Keep the place relatively clean (as clean as I keep it? You'll outperform in a New York minute.)
3. Be cool and not uncool.
4. Bring the rock. (Huh? What does this even mean? Who wrote this listing?)
5. Don't get weirded out when I keep offering food.
6. Bring films.
7. Like pizza.