Welcome to Girraween, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Near Dripping Springs and Pedernales Falls Park; close to Austin, Fredericksburg, and 290 Wine Trail. 28 acres of land to explore with seasonal creek and wildlife; huge deck for enjoying the outdoors. Special weekday pricing!
Girraween is the perfect escape for families, book clubs, a weekend away, or couples' retreat. Girraween means "Place of Flowers" and is our tribute to the beautiful Hill Country wildflowers. The house is an open design, split level consisting of three bedrooms, two baths, a combined living room/dining room, and a cozy kitchen (about 1250 square feet plus a 200 square foot deck). The 28 acres of surrounding rustic land and a shallow, spring fed creek are wonderful for exploring and bird watching. Bring closed toed shoes or hiking boots for exploring the land. A wood burning fireplace and a large deck that overlooks the land will assure that you relax and enjoy your stay.
The kitchen is equipped with all basic needs; pots/pans, knives, dishes, utensils, coffee pot, coffee bean grinder, hand mixer, toaster, crock pot, microwave, dishwasher, sugar, flour, coffee, oil, basic spices. Our guests enjoy numerous family games, a flat screen TV, DVD player, and a large variety of DVDs. Feel free to bring a cot and/or sleeping bags for anyone who prefers to sleep on the deck under the stars. A picnic basket and small cooler are provided for the park or local music festivals. Noodles and beach towels are available for your trip to Pedernales Falls State Park. You are welcome to gather dead wood on the property for fires, or feel free to bring your own. In case dressing up is part of your plan, an iron and ironing board are available. High quality Bath and Body Works soaps, shampoos, and conditioners are provided throughout the house. While there is no internet service, we get cell phone service.
Interaction with guests
The owners will be available by phone/text to answer questions and assure that your needs are met.
Other things to note
Small additional charge for early check in or late check out.
1. Girraween is a strictly no-smoking, no e-cig/vapors, no fireworks, no firearms property. Fires can spread to many acres in no time and be devastating to the environment and wildlife. No hunting is permitted.
2. Recycling is encouraged.
3. Please be gentle with our septic system. Paper waste other than toilet paper must go in the trash (this includes all feminine products, condoms, and baby products--even if they say 'flushable'.) Coffee grounds must go in the trash.
4. Girraween is supported by well water. It is very refreshing for drinking and cooking.
5. Only individuals identified on the reservation may stay at Girraween. No parties may be held without prior approval. Maximum of six guests (adults and children). Renting/responsible person must be at least 25 years of age.
6. Sorry, but we cannot accommodate pets. No exceptions.
7. The homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests (or others whom they invite) are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property.
Ann is a speech pathologist who works with children and adults who have communication disorders. She and her husband David (biologist), love spending time in the Texas Hill Country. They bought Girraween in the 1990s to assure that their children had a place to roam and discover nature. Ann's life motto is: Don't Postpone Joy! We love sharing Girraween with people who want to get away and enjoy nature.