About this listing
If you are travelling on a budget in Lapland, this is your choice! Our 6 Bed Mixed Dorm is one of the 8 rooms at the main hostel building and decorated with secondhand furniture. You will find a fully equipped shared kitchen and comfy lounge area with free Wi-Fi downstairs.
Hostel is situated only 20mins walk from the center of Äkäslompolo in the nice and peaceful forest area.
- bed linen & towels (5 euros a set for your whole stay)
- washing machine (2 euros a load incl. eco-friendly washing powder)
- hot Finnish sauna (minimum of 4 people, 4 euros per person / hour)
In the winter time the northern lights can be seen right in front of the hostel. Äkäslompolo Lake with a wide open view is situated less than 2kms away.
Ylläs Ski Resort is 5kms from the hostel and crosscountry ski tracks 200m away.
Pick your own superfood in the autumn, blueberries and lingonberries are growing right next to the hostel in August.
Closest train station: Kolari 35kms
Closest airport: Kittilä 55kms
- Shared Airport Taxi from Kittilä airport available, please ask for more information
- Bus from Kolari train station leaves few minutes after the train arrives and it stops by the hostel. Airport bus from Kittilä airport leaves you 600m from the hostel
- Skibus to the Ylläs slopes runs during the winter time directly from the hostel
- Parking available in the hostel area free of charge
Public transport from Rovaniemi: please check timetable on Matkahuolto website to Äkäslompolo (our village), Kolari or Kittilä airport.
Other things to note
Toilets are situated in the corridor and showers with heated changing room at the annex building across the yard (old Finnish style).
- No pets allowed in the dormitory
- No drugs or stupid drunken behaviour
- No smoking inside
- Please respect other guests
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 54 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a backpacker at heart, love trains and discovering new amazing places. I used to travel a lot when I was "younger" and had a dream of having my own hostel. Finally that dream came true over 10 years later in June 2014 :)
I love photography, eco stuff, recycling and secondhand. I would love to learn a new language or two, I speak a little bit of German and French and swear in few other languages :p