We are absolutely shocked by this comment. During your 5-day stay, I exchanged many times with your sister, who has a french phone number. Every time she assured me that everything was great. I still have her SMS in my phone: " Bonjour Kila, tout est nickel chez vous. On adore! "(English: Hi Kila, everything is perfect at your place. We love it!) She called me the last day when you were leaving the apartment, and said that you guys really appreciated our apartment". So I really don't understand what is happening here. Have you ever talked to your sister?
Yes, I am a superhost and I really care about our every guest. Being a superhost doesn't mean our place is perfect, especially it could not be perfect for everyone. But we do try our best to be good host and to make our guests happy and feel at home in our place. The thing is if the guests choose to hide the problem(s) during their stay and only leave such a bad comment in the end, that's really unfair and very frustrating for us.
- For the price, yes, I found out the price was wrong before you could reserve it. I contacted Airbnb and they admitted that was a system bug. That's why you got a phone call from them. Then I refused your request, corrected the price and you could finally reserve our place. With the corrected price, you paid 73 €/ night for 5 people (including 4 adultes and a 15 year-old child), for an equipped 3-bedroom apartment between Disney and Paris-- That's hard to be considered "over-rated" for most of people.
- Regarding the bed and bedline in the kid room: We just bought this bunk bed one month before your arrival for our daughters aged 2.5 and 4.5. As we mentioned, since it's a bunk bed for kids, for your safety, we don't suggest the "top" bed to be used by anyone weighted more than 35 kg. And that's why the bed was not ready for your group and the cleaning lady has put washed clothes on it. The bottom bed missed a cover sheet and a pillow. Since we just bought this bed and our children do not use cover sheet, we haven't bought single cover sheet yet. We are really sorry for the inconvenience for you and we will buy them for our futur guests. As for pillows, there are four pillows in the parental room and guest room. It missed one pillow in the kid room. I apologised and explained where to find it in my message and I also called to make sure you found them. There are 3 pillows in the closet in the corridor and you found two. So what do you mean that there were still not enough pillows for your group? you’ve got 6 pillows for 5 people… The pillowcases are just right next to the pillows in the closet. I never asked your group to use the cushions in the living room--I don't know where you got this idea. If you had difficulty to find the pillowcase, you could have let me know when I asked your sister if everything was alright every time. I could have had our cleaning lady passing again and getting them fix for you.
- Regarding the mattress protector in the guest room: All of our beds are protected with this same kind waterproof protector. They are made with a cotton jersey sleeping surface and polyester underside. We have never got any complaint about it. But if I knew it bothered you so much, I would have suggested you to remove it. After all, the day when you arrived, it was the hottest day during the whole heatwave period in all France, there were not many french having a good sleep that night.
- As for cats: In our annonce, it is clearly pointed out that the reason we rent the entire apartment when we are on vacation is to look for people who love cats and who are willing to take care of our two cats. In your reservation request, you described yourself as animal lovers and having experiences of looking after cats. However, reading how you describe our cats behaviours in your comment, we don't find you love and know animals at all. Yes, cats do run occasionally (not more than 5 minutes in a day generally) despite their laziness. And CATS JUMP just like babies cry! This is just how they are! They are not dolls, they are real animals and they live here. Here is their home. I don't understand the purpose why you filmed our cats walking along the kitchen work surfaces and investigate your foodstuff. Do you regard it as a crime? They are just curious! I don't allow my cats jumping and walking on working surface when I am here, but unfortunately jumping and being curious are just cats’ natural instinct. I would suggest you to move their food and water out and close the kitchen door in order to keep your food safe, if you ever asked me. Also, Keeping your rooms closed (as how they were at your arrival) is an efficient way to reduce the cat hair.
- Regarding the storage space: Please do consider and understand this is our principle residence. This is the place we live. We are a family of two adults and two very young kids, and we have welcomed a couple of families as us so far and every time it went really well. As for your group, you were 4 adults with a 15 year-old boy. You were actually 2 families! So it should be comprehensive that there would not be any dressing for you, and the storage space would hardly be sufficient for all of you. If you cannot accept it, please book a service apartment or an apartment only used for rent the next time. When you came to our place, I and my husband were also guests to an airbnb apartment. The house owner also had their belongings everywhere but it didn't bother us at all. On the contrast, we had feelings that we were really invited to somebody's home, where s/he actually lives and we regarded it as a great and unique experience to see how someone else lives. For us, this is a part of Airbnb spirits.
- As for cups and glasses, altering counting, I can confirm there are definitely a dozen of glasses and 8 mugs in our cupboard. They are all together. Regarding the crokery, it is true that a couple of dishes and bowls chipped on the board, but you can find plenty (enough for 5 people) of them in excellent state. (I can take photos too.)