**(25+ and families only, please)**
Just an hour and a half north of Toronto, this beautifully appointed cottage offers excellent privacy with over 180 feet of waterfront, and over an acre of land. The spacious 4 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom cottage is well equipped for you and your family!
The cottage is well equipped for families and comfortably sleeps 10 people. A crib and highchair are also available for those traveling with the littlest ones. Equipped with everything you'd ever need away from home, we're nestled among 150 year old trees, with cathedral ceilings and tons of natural light. The cottage is on the water, and offers a large deck off the main living area.
The Getaway II is situated on the west side of Farlain Lake and offers beautiful, clear views of the sunrise. There is plenty of room to relax at the water's edge. There is a lakeside fire pit for ghost stories and marshmallow roasting. Or, enjoy the huge, shallow water area that can accommodate swimmers of all ages. Great for entertaining at the water side, and watching the night sky!
The kitchen is fully equipped with pots, pans, cutlery, dishes and glassware along with a full fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker and dishwasher. The family room is bright and comfortable. There is a television equipped with a flat-screen and satellite TV. There is also a large basement play area for the kids and a ping pong table for the young at heart.
We are a stones throw to the ample walking/hiking/biking trails and nature of Awenda Provincial Park. There is plenty of wildlife, yet we're close enough to town for when you run out of marshmallows!
We have a spectacular view from the deck, where you can view both ends of the lake during all seasons.
Enjoy great views of the night sky after a day on the links - the 18-hole Championship Midland and Brooklea Golf and Country Clubs are a short drive away as well as other regulation 9-hole options nearby. Or, in the winter, bring your snow shoes or skis and enjoy nearby trails, or the frozen lake right from your door. Snowmobilers have direct access to groomed trails and cross-country skiers are a few pole-plants from the groomed trails of Awenda. For those who prefer the chairlifts, a short half-hour drive has you carving the slopes of Horseshoe Valley or Mount St. Louis Moonstone. Guests are welcome to bring their own boat and use the free public boat launch nearby.
Other area activities include:
-30,000 Island Boat Cruises
-Saint Marie Among The Hurons
-Shopping and Restaurants of Downtown Midland and Penetanguishene
Interaction with guests
Owner will not be present during your stay but is accessible for any questions or concerns.
Other things to note
Pets are welcome and smokers are welcome to smoke outside.
Check-in time is 2:00pm on the first day of your rental period (4pm in the summer). This allows our team to ensure the property is ready for your stay. Check-out time is 10:00am on the last day of your rental period.
• For your own comfort and hygiene, we ask that you please bring your own bed linens and towels.
• Please do not take glass or ceramic outside. Please use plastic cups and plates provided.
• Garbage day is Tuesday. All waste accumulated during your rental period after T uesday should be taken with you
when you leave. If you’d prefer to take your garbage to the dump, it is located on 1700 Golf Link road in Midland. It’s open most days at 8:00am.
• If visiting with pets, please clean up after them. Also, if kept off a leash, please ensure they do not disturb the neighbours.
• Do not flush sanitary napkins, diapers, paper towels, condoms or cigarette butts down the toilet; these items can cause plumbing problems and will impact the septic system.
• Please do not feed the wildlife. They could become regular visitors and cause property damage.
• Do not leave food on the deck or in the BBQ. Raccoons, skunks and other critters may leave a mess for you in the morning.
• When your stay is over please be sure you haven’t left anything behind.
• Ensure that lights are switched off, windows are closed and the doors are locked.