*1 queen bed
* 1 full size
* private clean bathroom.
* great location
Great, secure and quiet location. My space is unique because of the location, being that from here you can get into Manhattan in 20 minutes. Stay here and enjoy your vacation
- Deli's on each street corner
- Restaurants include indian cuisine, mexican food, pizza and burgers spot within a minute walk from the home
- Laundromat next door
- Supermarket close by
- Lots of fast food options/bars/eateries close by
- Organic shop, coffee shop, wine bar and nice restaurants within
The Brooklyn Museum
A ten-minute walk from our home, is one of the premier art institutions in the world, with a permanent collection that includes more than one-and-a-half million objects, ranging from ancient Egyptian masterpieces to contemporary art. Every first Saturday of each month, the Brooklyn Museum has free family events, including arts and crafts, live music and a dance party.
Located next to the botanic gardens, is a 585-acre urban oasis featuring a zoo, the first urban Audubon Center, Brooklyn's only forest, a lake, and many paths to explore. It is also home to the annual, summer-long and free Celebrate Brooklyn! Performing Arts Festival, which features an eclectic mix of performing artists from around the world.
The Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Next door to the museum, is world-renowned. Founded in 1910, the Garden holds over 10,000 types of plants. Regardless of the time of year you visit, there is an ever-changing palette of color and design. An hour there will lower your blood pressure and clear your head.
Grand Army Plaza Farmers Market
In front of the Park, is open on Saturdays during Spring, Summer and early Fall and includes organic and locally grown fruits and vegetables, cheeses, baked goods, jams, and other delectable treats.
The Brooklyn Children's Museum
Founded in 1899, was the United State's first museum created expressly for children. It offers an array of activities from live pythons and elephant bones to water stations, a climbing area and kid-sized cars.
Nearby, we have a wide variety of eateries such as burgers, ice cream shops, vegetarian options, organic grocery stores, bars, coffee shops, wine stores, Thai food, shopping boutiques, live music. Many students, young professionals live in the neighborhood- it is very diverse and fun. It is lively and well lit; we are very close to Prospect Park, The Farmers' Market takes place every Saturday. The home is located in Prospect Heights, the next big neighborhood in Brooklyn; it is very up and coming.
TRANSPORTATION for area:
- Subway stops 3 blocks from the home. 2,3,4,5, Franklin Ave (1 stop away from the new BARCLAYS ARENA
-1 block to S, A, C, B, Q Park Place
- 4 subway stops to Manhattan, from there you can transfer to subways anywhere in NYC
--------------------TRAVEL-------------------- Street parking available throughout the neighborhood for free and easy to find. The house is only two blocks from the 2/3/4/5/S trains, which will get you to the Brooklyn Academy of Music in one stop or take you to the east or west side of Manhattan in under 20 minutes. B45 bus across the street takes you downtown Brooklyn in 15mins
Please NO parties keep a loud music loud talking loud movies down in the late-night in order to keep the building quiet thank you
Minha estadia foi ótima, Edgar foi muito solícito e esteve disponível sempre que precisei. Não tivemos nenhum tipo de problema com a casa. O bairro é amigável, e a casa é bem localizada perto da estação de metrô. Além disso o comércio ao redor era bom, e não precisávamos ir muito longe para comprar as coisas que precisávamos.
Nice, big and clean apartment. It was very good to stay there.Thanks for it!
We didn't meet Edgar but everything is all set for us! The kitchen got everything we need. And the room is big, but the heater is not so even lol. Parking on street is not so easy but Edgar's friend help us find a spot! And the location is good,3 minutes walk to the nearby metro station and the neighbourhood is safe , the nearby grocery is awesome,got fancy milk and organic food! The TV has no program maybe we don't know how to use lol...
I highly recommend staying at Edgar's place in Brooklyn. Not only was the apartment spacious, but it's located in a great area. Very safe neighborhood located near subway. You can catch the 2 or 3 train nearby into Manhattan. Edgar was really helpful with any accommodations. He helped make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable.
Ich und meine Familie (phone number hidden)nd vom (phone number hidden) bei Edgar im Appartement gewesen.
Bei unserer Ankunft erwartete uns eine unbekannte Person, welche lediglich von Edgar geschickt wurde. Edgar bekamen wir auch im Laufe der Woche nicht einmal zu Gesicht.
Die Wohnung befand sich in einem schmutzigen, unbewohnbaren Zustand. Es waren keine Bettdecken, Bettlaken oder Bettbezüge vorhanden und erst nach 1 1/2 Stunden (mittlerweile war es in New York 23 Uhr) bakamen wir schmutzige, stinkende Bettdecken die, wie wir vermuten, aus einer Altkleidersammlung stammten (vor der Tür stand ein alter Wäschesack mit weiteren unebnutzbaren übel riechenden Decken).
Als wir das Badezimmer betraten ekelten wir uns extrem, da der Duschvorhang zerfetzt und verschimmelt war. Auch der Rest des Badezimmers machte einen ähnlichen Eindruck.
Die Schlösser der Wohnungstüren waren alt und teilweise bereits komplett morsch, sodass die Wohnung nicht gerade einbruchsicher war. Zudem lag das Badezimmer außerhalb der Wohnung und besaß kein Schloss, was ungünstig war, da in dieser Woche in dem Haus Handwerker arbeiteten.
Die Wohnung war sehr kalt und auch nachdem wir Edgar gebeten hatten die Heizungen anzustellen, wurde sie nicht merklich wärmer.
Die Darstellung der Wohnung hier im Internet entspricht nicht der Wirklichkeit. Die Fotos müssen aus guten Winkeln geschossen sein und aus einer Zeit in der sie noch in einem besseren Zustand war.
Het appartement was groot en mooi. Het mocht van ons schoner, maar ieder heeft daar zijn eigen standaard in. Edgar (en James) zijn beide erg flexibel in zo'n beetje alles, wat heel fijn is. De buurt is geweldig, wij zijn erg blij dat we voor Brooklyn hebben gekozen.
* Location is fantastic. Can walk to many nice restaurants, bodegas, vintage clothing stores, and several subway lines. Prospect Park is less than a mile away, Park Slope about 1.5 miles.
* Neighborhood was relatively quiet during the day and at night.
* Apartment was clean on arrival.
* Host was responsive via SMS.
* Aside from his responsiveness, the host is not customer-service oriented in terms of expectation setting. We found out about an hour before we arrived that the linens were not clean (we had given four day's notice of our arrival time). We were told by the person who let us in that he would be back in 45 minutes with the linens. He came back two hours and twenty minutes later (about 9:30 PM), and the linens and towels were warm - suspect they had just been taken out of the dryer. Meanwhile my kids had to sleep on spare sheets we had brought with us. No apology from the host for not having clean linens on arrival or for making us wait when we wanted to go to sleep. Instead, he rudely "reminded" us that their cleaning person was out sick that day (which we were not told until after I complained about the linens arriving late). Recommend the host invest in one or two extra sets of linens and towels to avoid simple problems like this in the future, and that he delegate customer interaction entirely to somebody else (like the person who met us, who was otherwise cordial and helpful). Also, they only supply bath towels - no wash cloths, face towels, or kitchen towels. The host did offer to supply them after I complained.
* I question this unit's designation as an "Entire Apartment." Anyone with a key to either the front door or to a common door on the first floor can access the upstairs bathroom and kitchen where the unit is located. There was a second key which was used to unlock the living room door, from which you access the front and rear bedrooms. The bedrooms have their own locked doors which also face the same hallway that the living room faces, but these are on different keys. We didn't notice anyone using the bathroom or kitchen during our stay, but we still had to lock the bedroom and living room doors at night or whenever we left. All in all it seems more like a private space than an entire unit.
* The lock for the living room door froze on the second night. We could not remove the key or unlock the door, but we did manage to defeat one of the other locks with a hair clip so we could wait comfortably for a spare key to one of the bedrooms. The living room door was unusable for the rest of our stay (two more nights) - it was still broken when we left. Recommend the host replace all of the locks and doorknobs.
This host has 163 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews