About this listing
The amount of free space available, the hability to smell a fresher air under the threes of the garden, the amount of light the property has inside and outside. The supermarket with baker and butcher 100 meters from the gate; not seeing or hearing any neighbours and being hable to hear birds sing from morning to nightfall. The safety of letting the kids play outside without concerns. The diferent smells of the flours, and always have some kind of outside activity to do.
This property is in the center of a small city, and is a Villa with 12.500 m2.; Some buildings in the property are dated from 1740. The Villa used to be a farm even much bigger. In the end of the past century, the property size was reduced, allowing us to take a better care of the beautiful gardens, the swimming pool and tennis court areas, and the decoration. A car trip from the villa to the downtown area of Porto takes 12 minutes (17 km), and the Atlantic coast and sandy beaches are 20 minutes (22 km) from the villa. The villa is totally modern and renovated and we take a lot of pride in the decoration and materials made available to our guests. The five rooms are devided in two separated houses. The 'Swimming Pool House', has two en-suite rooms on the 1st. floor, with views of the swimming pool area and it's garden, and the 'Cottage House', just five meters across, with three rooms, two on the 1st. floor and one on the ground floor. This house has one full bathroom on the 1st. floor and another, very spacious and modern full bathroom on the ground floor. We consider our rental ideal for groups of more than one family, but it is also very interesting for a single couple that want's a beatiful experience of staying in a large property.
There is free wi-fi in all rooms and inside areas, as well as outside, in the gardens. The parking is free and there is a lot of spaces available for that, and also a closed garage just for the guests vars. Children's cod's and high chairs are also available without any extra-charge.
There are two supermarkets at close, walking distance (Intermarché and Minipreço), as well as bakeries, restaurants and take aways barbecue, pizza hut delivery, ATM machines and banks... You will never feel isolated in this villa, but you will find a place where you and your family or friends have all the space you need to relax, be confortable and at ease, with lots of things to do... We think that from the first minutes of arriving until saying goodbye, our guests feel that Our Lady of Mercy Villa / Solar Piedade, is a perfect holiday home for groups and families. All the positive and pleasant reviews make us feel that our place is good and even very special to the people that have graced us with their visit, and words like 'oasis', 'paradise', 'wonderful', keep being mentioned, keeping us motivated to live up to the expectations. We are devoted to make our guests stays more pleasant than in the past, and keep investing and treasuring their comments and advises.
Interaction with guests
I pride myself to be avalialable 24/24 when we have guests staying. I will always be available if you have a dought or a problem.
Other things to note
The villa/farm has a very kind dog, named Joko, and our guests have all loved him so far. He is very friendly but if you have a problem with dogs, we have where to put him, so you do not see or encounter him. If not, he has is space outside, he knows perfectly well he is not allowed inside, he loves is house... There are also two cats that live in the villa/farm and can aprouch the guests to be petted, but they do not go nor are authorised to enter the house. Of course, we have our tchikens, ducks, a bird house with many species of canaries right in frount of the pool house entrance, two small lakes with red fishes... Lemon trees, kiwi plants, fresh oranges, fresh vegetables frowing in the farm field... We find this kind of normal as we greew up in the farm, but "people from the city" tend to find it "diferent"...
- People other than those in the guest party, may not enter or stay overnight in the property, without the owner approval.
- If a visitor is allowed in the property he/she must always park the car outside the property walls.
- It is never allowed to have more than 4 visiting people in the house at a given moment.
- Visitors cannot use the pool without the owner approval.
- The rental property incl. the furniture and the other contents are to be treated with care. The tenant is held responsible for the actions of other people within the house. The tenant is liable for all damaged goods, damage to the property or anything else related to the property, whether caused by themselves or their accompanying guests.
- The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this contract, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise and are authorized to visit the property.
- Guests and their eventual visitors are fully responsible for any damage that they make to the rental property and the premises. The payment of the rental cost does not give them the right to misuse or escape compensation by any damage or damnification they infringe to the property or belongings of the owners.
- Faults that are found before or during the rental period are to be reported immediately.
- In the event of a damage that is the guests fault, the owner is entitle to the damage compensation, that is to be found by mutual consent and the parties should agree a form to expedite the assessment of damages.
- If an agreement for compensation is not found, the owner is entitled to indicate the place and official entity to arbitrate the conflict.
- Try to leave the house as you have found it.
- Do not make noise outside after mid-night.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 10 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello, my name is Hélder and I love meeting people from different parts of the world, so I found the perfect way to do so. I love sports, especially football and FC Porto, and cyclind.
Earlier in my life I traveled a lot for recreation and for work, but now I'm saving up to travel with the children in a few years time :-) I love my family and live a quiet and simple life in one of the best and most beautiful countries in the word, and one of the richest ones also, if you measure the wealth by the quality and sympathy of the people.