About this listing
Welcome to our 3 BD- 2 BA, Dollar Point home at the end of a cul de sac. Walk to the gated private beach, tennis and pool just a couple blocks away. Well behaved dogs are welcome. The HOA is so wonderful there are chairs and chase lounges at the beach and umbrellas, lifeguards at the pool and bocci ball court, golfing or putting greens and a large shuffle board. BBQ at the beach or at the pool. The 3rd room has a murphy bed with a queen for extra sleeping. Free WIFI. Garage and boat launch NB.
Pull into the 2 car garage, up the stairs and you're in this nice, spacious home with high ceilings, big windows and lots of sunshine in the afternoons. There's 1 bedroom on the main level, plus the kitchen, dining area and living area and 1 bathroom. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms plus a 2nd bathroom.
Rates and Night required (minimum) are subject to change. Some dates request for holiday or non-holiday might require a 4 to 7 night stay, during requested dates.
Dollar Point has a wonderful home owner's association. Walk to the beach. In the summer, there's a gated pool with life guards on duty and 3 tennis courts. Or go to the gated, private beach - also with 2 tennis courts, beach umbrellas and a long pier. Free Internet at both the pool and beach, plus at the house.
POOL- top of Observation. Take a left at the top of Trinity onto Observation then take a look on your right for all the parking spots.
HOA Beach- top of Trinity turn right and then right again on Edgewater - this dead ends into the HOA Gate.
You will need the plastic Key hanging on the back door to access the pool and your address for the book.
There is no winter street parking and the driveway total fits 3 cars.
Interaction with guests
You rent the house without me it is a vacation home for us.
1) Pre-buy your ski lift tickets from the resorts' websites. You'll save money when you pre-purchase and you can skip the ticket line and head straight to the chairlift.
Roxie & Bob Ormsby, local residents and real estate professionals, help us manage our property. You can read about them, including Bob's time with the US Olympic team(!) by googling "Bob and Roxie Ormsby, Tahoe City."
Other things to note
Things to look for - HOA keys ( hanging on back door), Garage Opener ( in the bar area) and The instructions can be emailed once your booked.
Rodney Tax Cab (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Call anytime for a ride.
The dollar point web-site is (URL HIDDEN)
To get to the POOL and 3 Tennis Courts:
1.Go up Trinity Ct. and then turn Left up observation, pass the stop sign and look for parking on the right. There is a fence around the pool and tennis courts; you need to sign in once you get through the gate with the plastic key.
2.The pool is open May 26th until Oct 1st. Monday through Sunday 9-7 with the top of every hour being closed for a 10 minute - adult swim.
To get to the BEACH and 2 Tennis Courts:
1.Go up Trinity Ct. and turn Right on Observation and head to the bottom of the hill, then turn right on Edgewater. It will dead-end into the tennis courts parking. To access the private gated beach and pier use your plastic key. The BBQ can sometimes be used during the day but you will need to be ask the beach attendant on duty. Please clean up after you cook. Tennis sign in is on a table before the pier.
2.The beach is open till 10 pm. No camp fires please.
Things Bob and Roxie like to do.
1.Go to the PDQ market and get a sandwich for lunch- Located in Tahoma on the west shore.
2.Take the sandwich to Bliss State Park and picnic.
3.Fish the Truckee River.
4.Kings Beach- Hiro Su(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) N Lake Blvd
5.Stop in at Speed Boat beach located on Yacht in Kings Beach.
6.For a quick and easy pack lunch that is supper healthy. New Moon on the west shore- by the Tahoe Tree Company.
7.Truckee for diner at Pianeta (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA and Bar of American and the Truckee Diner
8.Steamers Pizza in Kings Beach (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) North Lake Blvd
9.Must go to Sand Harbor it’s the most amazing beach plus you can rent kayak’s.
10. If you have kids… pony rides in Alpine Meadows, Truckee Variety store fun toys, Tahoe City Chocolates in the Tahoe City Boat works mall, Squaw Valley- jump, arcade, starbucks coffee, zip line and rock climbing, Tahoe City beach in the heart of town has a large play park and Sunday concert in the park and it’s free.
11. Move night in Tahoe City on the beach on Wednesdays
12. Get a messag Massage (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) on the Lake located in Tahoe City.
13. New Leaf Acupuncture (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) in Kings Beach- Dawn.
14. Dam Café and Tahoe House for Breakfast- Dam Café is better but if there is a line or you like sweets go to the Tahoe House. Both are located in Tahoe City on the West Shore.
15. Red Box locations- Squaw Valley 7-11 or 7-11 at Dollar Point or Savemart in Tahoe City.
16. Rent a boat from Greg Green (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Raft the Truckee River- buy raft before you come to Tahoe.
18. Clothing for adults Fine and Funky in the Boat Works Mall Tahoe City- For the kids Roughneck and Ruffles in the Tahoe City Cobblestone.
19. Wild Flower viewing Antoine Meadows- get a map from Olympic Bike Shop
20. Hike to 5 Lakes take lots of water- Alpine Meadows- (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) It.
21. Rent bikes in Tahoe City and bike to the west shore 64 acres along the Truckee River- End up at the river ranch for burgers on the river.
22. If your in to hiking go to Emerald Bay and Hike the Falls the best time is the spring because the falls are powerful. In Sept there is an amazing fish hatch in the riverbeds that is available for viewing.
23.Have fun and Kick back.
24. Diner in Tahoe City can be fun but the food is always hit and miss- If you are thinking about dining somewhere and want to ask our opinion please email us and we will tell you what we think about the location.
25.Sunnyside for Dinner can be good and it’s on the water.
26.Climb china wall on Donner Summit.
27.Horse Back ride at the alpine meadow stables.
28. The Tahoe City Golf Course has the great breakfast.
29. Squeeze In- and the Truckee Diner have the best Breakfast in town.
30. Kids Golf in Tahoe Vista.
31. Truckee community center and Incline Village Rec center have indoor pools- if you want to swim this winter.
32.The resort at Squaw Creek has all kinds of events for the kids- crafts and movies. Check out the calendar left in the house rental binder.
33.Ice Skate at Northstar and go to diner at the Pizza Place in the village.
Treat house like your house. One dog is allowed.
-No Smoking - No Pets unless approved.
-Please read the instruction sheet when you enter- it's on the bar area. These are helpful notes about departure and arrive items.
-Please stripe all the sheets and start a load of laundry.
-Don't leave the windows open if you leave the house.
- Take out he trash when needed- as we do have bears in the neighborhood.
-This is a quiet, primarily residential street - no parties, gatherings, or events allowed! Violating this rule will result in the cancellation of the remainder of your stay, and you will be removed from the property. A good rule of thumb is to keep the maximum occupancy (day or night) pretty close to what's on the reservation. Having a couple friends over for dinner - not a problem. Having your 30-person extended family over for a barbecue - not what we are interested in renting this home out for.
We ask that you please read the full listing text to make sure the place will work for you. We are not able to offer refunds after check-in for guests who simply missed something in the listing.
- Guest agrees to assume responsibility for transportation to the property. Inconvenience caused by weather, disruption of utilities, or winter road conditions may occur at times in snow and mountain country and do not invalidate this Vacation Rental Agreement, nor will these circumstance warrant any financial compensation.
-Tenants agree to hold owner harmless as to any damage or injury to self or property resulting from accident, injury, or loss due to rain, snow, sale of property, flood negligence, fire, theft, construction or other reasons.
- We reserve the right to cancel this reservation, without further notice, if payments are not received by the due dates specified by airbnb or you exceed the number of guest. Failure to comply with any of the terms contained herein may result in the loss of your rental deposit. In the event you must cancel this reservation, you may notify us in writing.
-If traveling at night carry a flashlight. Lock box is on the front door. Please be very careful as there is falling ice and snow in access areas.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 253 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We love Airbnb and value hosting you and your groups - let us know if we can make your visit more enjoyable!
I own my real estate company with my wife, Roxie. We love to ski, ride our cruiser mountain bikes (mine's a vintage stump Jumper), and road trip/camp in our Sncro VW Vanagon (one of our best road trips was from Tahoe to the Vancouver Olympics in 2010). I am an Olympian (my teammate Bonnie Blaire corrected me "never former, never past..") My pal Tomba took the golds that year in Calgary.
Squaw Valley Riverfront Cabin-Our cabin is so cool - right on the tranquil waters of the Truckee River, 5 minutes from Squaw Valley, 4 miles to Truckee. We love it - and so will you!
Trinity Tree House- Is another amazing large home in the Tahoe City area. It's perfect for the fun filled times in Tahoe. All my friends tell me they just want to camp out and never leave. Sunrise Hot Tub and Sauna are a surprise to most visitors.