About this listing
Deck & ocean views with walking access to the beach. Quiet, serene tranquility and PRIVACY. Great location for storm watching! An adjacent creek will lull you to sleep as well as the ocean's roar. Rustic, secluded studio style cabin is warm and cozy with ample room to read, relax and enjoy comfort after exploring the rugged coast and Siuslaw forest. Full kitchen and bath (including Jacuzzi tub!) makes this the perfect "home away from home" experience.
"That Oregon Life" included our cabin in their 9 Awesome & Affordable Oregon Coast Vacation Rentals!
Our cozy cabin is located on highway 101, in the heart of Ten Mile, 6 miles south of Yachats Village. We are on the east side of the highway, directly across the highway from the ocean. The cabin backs into the Siuslaw National forest.
An open (studio) floor plan makes for a serene environment and provides lots of rest and relaxation. A creek runs adjacent to the cabin which you can enjoy from the back deck. Lots of trees surround the cabin and 3 skylights provide additional light and moonlight. Slate floors in the bathroom and kitchen. There are ocean views from the kitchen and living room areas. The ocean's roar will lull you to a great night's sleep.
NOTE: The cabin's location is a virtual dead zone for cell phones. (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) accounts can access phone calls on laptops, but not tablets or cell phones.
There is a large skylight which bathes the kitchen in natural sunlight.
Appliances - There is an electric stove/oven with a glass-top heating system. Full-sized refrigerator, a small microwave, toaster and coffee maker (we provide the filters).
Pots and pans: stainless steel cookware as well as teflon (with lids) are provided, as well as a Pyrex baking dish, tea kettle, measuring cups & spoons, mixing bowls, cooking utensils, knives, cutting board, cheese grater, can opener, corkscrew, vegetable peeler, pizza cutter, oven mitts and dishcloths.
Large bar sink, dish soap, dish drainer, sponges and sponge wand.
And of course plates, bowls, mugs, wine glasses, glasses and stainless steel flatware.
We also provide paper towels, bags for recyclables, teabags, a small amount of Columbian ground coffee, organic EVOO and several seasonings, including salt & pepper.
• Bathroom details:
100% fluffy cotton towels, washcloths, towel mat and hand towels are provided. We also provide toilet paper, shampoo & conditioner.
• There is a TV and a DVD player, so bring your favorite DVDs. (We do not have satellite/cable service in the cabin.)
• Queen, pillow top bed. A down comforter is provided and extra pillows are in the armoire. We use 100% cotton flannel sheets. Extra blankets/throws are available in the cabin too!
• Lamps strategically placed for your reading enjoyment.
• Full-sized leather couch and a queen-sized futon. Two velveteen chairs for reading, etc.
• There is a wood burning stove in the cabin. While we do not provide firewood, it can be purchased at Fred Meyer (Newport or Florence) and their prices are the lowest we've found.
• Central heating is available in the cabin.
• Ceiling fan and lots of lighting, including 3 skylights: Bedroom, Kitchen and Living room areas.
Guest check-in starts at 4 p.m. and check-out is no later than 11 a.m.
Limit of 2 cars may park in front of the cabin. Sorry, we cannot accommodate RV vehicles, Fifth Wheels, boats or trailers.
Interaction with guests
During your stay we can promise that we will do our best to provide the utmost in privacy. We will not bother you and will communicate via Airbnb messaging or if you'd like to visit, feel free to knock on our door. We ask that you express any concerns or questions during your stay - please help us make your stay enjoyable.
Before your stay, please email me with any questions or concerns and we will do our best to answer/address your email as soon as possible.
Celebrate Coastal Living!
The Ten Mile area is a beautiful, rural landscape with several properties dotting the area. Our cabin is located at the rear of our property, which is in close proximity to the Siuslaw National forest.
The Yachats Village is a 6 mile drive to the north. You can enjoy the gorgeous Oregon coast and coastal range during your drive. Yachats is a world renown destination - lots of excellent restaurants and eclectic, fun shops to explore.
To the south is Heceta Head lighthouse - one of the most photographed lighthouses in the country!
Other things to note
• The cabin is not within walking distance of any restaurants or stores so plan accordingly.
• We DO NOT supply firewood.
• We are in a forested area and cell phone reception is practically nonexistent. If you need to make calls, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) accounts can access phone service on their laptops, which works via internet.
• The coastal area can be prone to high winds and LOTS of rain. On rare occasions power outages DO occur. There are candles and lanterns/flashlights in the cabin.
• Additional sleeping options: There is a queen size futon in the living room area. Just let us know when you book if you would like it set up for your arrival.
• There are local pamphlets and guidebooks available in the cabin to help make your stay more enjoyable.
• 2 week (or longer) bookings include linen service. Just let us know when your towels/sheets need to be replaced and we will provide fresh linens.
Our goal is for you to feel welcome in our cabin. To that extent, here are some guidelines to make your visit (and future guests) the most enjoyable possible:
• Absolutely No Smoking or Vaping inside the cabin.
• No BBQ's or outdoor cooking (our property backs into the Siuslaw National forest and we are currently in drought status).
Please do not wander across the creek (which runs behind the cabin). Our property line extends just to the creek.
The cabin is on a septic system, therefore please ONLY dispose of bio waste and TP.
Pets: Dogs only. Limit of 2 Dogs are welcome provided Fido is house-trained, flea & tick free, updated on shots and overall well-behaved (includes no excessive barking). You also agree to keep them off the furniture and bed(s), and ensure they are not tracking sand/debris into the cabin. We provide 2 dishes and a towel to clean them from beach runs, etc. They must be kept on leash while on the property grounds. Please keep them with you at all times and don't leave your pet(s) in the cabin alone. And please pick up after them in the yard area.
Beach Access: Guests can access the beach either by car or foot simply by going south 3/10ths of a mile on Hwy 101. There is a turnout for parking and a foot trail to the beach.
o Please be sure to pick up after your dog on the beach. You will need to bring your doggy waste bag back to the cabin.
•Re Kitchen area - Please dispose of any food remnants in the trashcan. The cabin does NOT have a garbage disposal – it all goes into the septic system.
oPlease rinse cans, bottles and recycle what you can. There is a paper bag under the sink for your recyclables.
oFishermen/women – Cleaning of seafood in the cabin is prohibited. Also, cooking seafood is prohibited. We want to keep the cabin as odor-free as possible for future guests. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
Hi! We are Valerie and Bill Odenthal. We love our little slice of paradise on the central Oregon coast and love sharing it with family and friends. We own a boutique in the Yachats village, Antique Virgin. We also have a dog named Lucy.