*READ ENTIRE LISTING AND CONTACT ME BEFORE BOOKING (click "Contact Host" link)* Close to Longwood Hospitals, even closer to the T, makes exploring the rest of Boston a breeze. Museum of Fine Arts and Fenway Park are within a 15 min walk. Free parking on street! This is my only listing, it's part of my primary residence. I enjoy curating a unique and authentic experience. *PLEASE READ THIS LISTING ENTIRELY FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS!* Please contact me first, I'll respond fast!
One bedroom, one bathroom apartment just a few steps from the Orange Line. Free parking is possible on the street*. First floor unit.
BEDROOM: One QUEEN BED with all the other necessary furnishings. 32" TV (no cable service).
KITCHEN: Gas stove, refrigerator, toaster, and microwave, Keurig coffee maker with coffee, and enough dishes and utensils. Seating for two at the counter.
BATHROOM: Sink, mirror, toilet, and shower stall. Towels are provided as well. The bathroom is small, but it is usable. It works for a few days while you're visiting. .
NO CENTRAL HEAT/AC: There's only one window AC, it's in the bedroom window during the summer months (it's not in the photos). No AC in the kitchen and bath. No heating.
SIZE: This is a very dense, low-rise neighborhood. If you're accustomed to lots of sprawling space, this listing could feel small to you. Most apartments in the city are just as small. "Large" people may find this listing to be especially small.
BUILDING: Townhouse-style apartment building, built in 1914. The building's exterior is made out of Roxbury Puddingstone, which is the State Rock of Massachusetts. Several historic churches in Boston are made of this rock as well.
ACCESS: See the "Guest Access" section of this listing.
There is a locked room in the apartment, the building's owner uses it for storage (she won't need to access it during your stay).
There is another locked door that just goes to the basement.
The back door in the kitchen is just a fire escape, it cannot be used as a deck or patio.
Interaction with guests
Although I do live in the building, I will respect your privacy and stay out of your way. I'm happy to give local advice to travelers as well.
Please keep all communications with me on the Airbnb message system. I only respond to Airbnb messages.
Other things to note
1. As mentioned above, there is a locked room in the apartment, the owner uses it for her storage closet. There's another locked door that just goes to the stairs to the unoccupied utility area in the basement.
2. I will take your trash out every 2-3 days (if your stay is longer than 3+ days). I must do this in order to keep the space clean and unwelcoming for pests. I will try to do it when you're not inside.
3. I live in an accessory unit in the same building, It's around back. I have my own entrance through the back of the building.
4. This place is a good fit for medical professionals visiting Longwood Medical Center, or tourism travelers looking for a convenient and low-key/low-frills place to stay in Boston. If you need frivolous luxuries while you're visiting Boston, this place is not for you.
5. *REQUIRED* Please read this entire listing. When you message me, please include "I am fine with staying in Mission Hill" in your message so I know that you have read the listing. No two houses are the same! Expectations are important for a successful trip, and I think it's essential that guests have a good understanding of the place and the neighborhood. There are a few other things that I want you to include in a message, so make sure you read all of this listing very carefully. Also, if you spot any typos in this listing, please let me know so I can fix it!
6. Put your best foot forward when using Airbnb! Have a complete profile and tell me a little about what's bringing you to Boston. If your reservation is for two people, please include the first name of BOTH guests in your message as well. I'm much more likely to accept a guest that tells me a little about themselves and their trip. There's nothing worse than a lackluster request! Verified ID badge is required for booking.
7. Check-in time is 3pm or anytime later. Check-out time is 11am, the turnover process begins promptly at 11:01am to ensure the place is ready for the next guests. Early check-in and late check-out is not available April 1 - October 31
8. I highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. I cannot give refunds due to delayed flights, visa problems, illnesses, or anything else like that.
9. There is wifi. Comcast is the ISP. I rarely have issues with it. That said, I take no responsibility for internet issues that are out of my control.
10. One night reservations are not always possible, I can only take them last minute or if it's between two longer reservations. Only solo travelers for stays longer than 4 nights.
READ THIS LISTING ENTIRELY!!!!! DO NOT INSTANT BOOK WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FIRST. I MAY CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION IF YOU INSTANT BOOK WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FIRST! Send a request/inquiry. I will respond fast, usually within 5 minutes.
Please be mindful that I live in the same building. If you break these rules, I will know about it. I have had guests that caused problems, so I do take the rules quite seriously.
All guests staying here must be 25+ years old, it's possible that I'll make an exception.
I curate an experience for visitors from out of town, so no locals please.
No parties and/or visitors. Do not bring your own guests or invitees over. The only people allowed in the listing are the guests (2 adults max, including yourself) that are included in your reservation. I'm VERY particular about this rule. Violating this rule will result in immediate eviction without refund.
No animals of any species and No children can stay here, the place isn't "child-proofed".
Please turn off the lights and AC and when you go out.
Please be respectful of the neighbors and the listing. This isn't a place to be rowdy.
No smoking anywhere. Please no e-cig/vaping either. No candles, incense or other open flames.
Do not move or rearrange the furniture at any point during your visit.
For your safety and privacy, please make sure that the front door from the street is properly shut (it does not self-shut), and always lock the apartment door when you go out.
The backdoor in the kitchen is just the fire escape, the fire escape cannot be used as a deck or patio.
Please clean any dishes that you use.
Remember, I live in the same building.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE LISTING!!!
I always seem to move back to Boston. I've lived in Atlanta, Washington DC, and even Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, but I always end up moving back to Boston, where I was born.