Michael’s Run Farm is a secluded and tranquil 400 acre country estate on a mile wide stretch of the Susquehanna River. The farm is nestled amongst rolling hills of old growth forest, pastures and cornfields. Sleeps up to 16.
The 7,500 square foot main farmhouse accommodates up to 16 people with 5 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. There are two living rooms, a games and TV area, dining room, gourmet kitchen, covered porch and in ground swimming pool. Every room looks out onto the farm with not a neighbor in sight.
The farm offers walking, hiking, cycling, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, fly & reel fishing, volleyball, badminton and table tennis.
Interaction with guests
We will greet our guests upon arrival and be available by phone for any questions or concerns during your stay. We have a farm manager available on site.
Other things to note
Enjoy day trips to Lancaster, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Annapolis or Washington DC.
Tour the Amish country, local farmer's markets, country fairs and craft shows. Our region is a treasure trove for those seeking anything from rare antiques to flea market finds and folk art.
Tanger Outlets and the Perryville Outlet Center provide easy access to brand name bargain shopping.
Longwood Gardens, founded by Pierre du Pont, consists of over 1,000 acres of gardens, woodlands, and meadows. Longwood contains a restaurant, gift shop, and the Peirce-du Pont House. Check for seasonal activities.
Take a scenic drive through the Brandywine River Valley along Buck and Doe Run. Described by National Geographic magazine as a drive of a lifetime. Those who would like to get on this beautiful river can arrange a canoeing or tubing trip with Northbrook Canoe Company.
Havre de Grace, at mouth of the Susquehanna River and the head of Chesapeake Bay is a mere 19 miles away. Visit a lighthouse, enjoy numerous restaurants, or take a sunset cruise on a paddle steamer or a sailboat.
A comprehensive orientation book provided with suggestions for our favorite attractions and activities. Feel at home right away with in-depth local info.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests will not rent or sublet the property.
3. All of the property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to 8 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Keep all cars parked on the blacktop.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring pool towels. We supply only a few pool towels.
9. Pool: No children under the age of 18 permitted in pool at any time without adult supervision. The pool is cleaned prior to your arrival and will be serviced during your stay. The pool is seasonal.
10. Fireplace: The fireplaces are wood burning fireplaces. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Use fires screens at all times. Fires must be tended when burning.
11. Water and Septic: Please do not place any grease or personal hygiene products down drains.
12. Trash: please carefully bag trash and place in garage for later removal.
13. Supplies: Kitchen equipment, bedding, bath towels and sheets are provided. Guest must furnish paper products, and food for their stay.
14. Weather: No refunds will be given for storms or other ill weather. Drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
15. An arrival time window of two hours is required in order to meet guests at the farm entrance and orient them to the property and facilities. It is a very large with miles of trails and roads.
16. We have a generator that will run 1 time each week. You will hear a rumble
outside the window of the smaller bedroom with the king bed. If the power
goes out it will come on automatically.
17. Please use the bicycles and kayaks with safety in mind.
18. If you want to fully utilizes the farm, a 4 wheel drive vehicle is recommended but not a requirement.
19. A propane grill is supplied. There will be a full extra propane tank in the garage.
20. There is a large table top for the porch table in the garage, if you need more seating capacity outside.
21. Fishing: Fishing licenses are required. Our farm manager can go over this information when you arrive.