as the photos show, this house is special. beautiful traditional design.
the location is amazing—the heart of kyoto city.
sorry, no young children, so before making a booking request,
please send an inquiry & explain about your group.
• the house has 2 floors
• 2F = two beautiful tatami rooms, kitchen, toilet
• 1F = one tatami living room, sink, shower, toilet
• like new inside
• comfortably sleeps 4 adults (5~6 if you need… )
• experience beautiful & traditional styling & interior—all natural materials: wood, tatami, fusuma doors & shoji windows
• guests have access to the entire house
Interaction with guests
• when checking in the first time it is necessary that one of us escorts you to the house—please arrange your schedule with your host
• we can be contacted at all times
• your host is nearby
• let us know if you prefer to be on your own, or you would like to meet & chat
Other things to note
• two toilets is very rare in houses in kyoto city!
• great for small groups or adult families (no kids, sorry… )
• the house is in a common neighborhood—it is necessary to be very quiet & to obey all rules
• no children:
please understand that young children are not allowed in this house (this information is clearly written on the listing page as well)
if you have young children, please contact us about other houses that we host
• no smokers:
smokers are not allowed to book this house. if there is a smoker in your group, please contact us about other houses that we offer.
• a member of our team must escort you to the house on your arrival day—therefore it is necessary to arrange a check-in time that coincides with our availability
• you must pick up the luggage when passing thru the walkway from the street to the entrance of the house, both upon arrival, and departure, please.
• it is a private residence—not a hotel
• quiet is very important—do not disturb the neighbors
• keep the windows closed when chatting after dark
• speak in a low voice—always consider the neighbors
• do not stand outside the front door chatting or talking on the cellphone
• return to the house at a decent hour—not after midnite or too late
around the house
• do not park bicycles in front of the house—ask us for guidance regarding bicycle parking
• no smoking in the house, no smoking outside of the house
• do not throw out any trash—ask us about how to dispose of the garbage
• be clean, kind & courteous—just like your japanese neighbors!
in the house
• remove your shoes at the entranceway of the house
• no liquids on the tatami or woods surfaces