Just north of quaint Sonoma Square, off State Highway 12 in the heart of Sonoma Valley wine region. Our comfortable home is in a quiet neighborhood and provides a true wine country getaway for rest, relaxation,sightseeing and wine tasting. Enjoy a swim after exploring beautiful Sonoma Valley then consider backyard dining on an elevated deck with twinkling lights at night. You can watch the moonlight settle on the vines and grapes at night or watch them grow over your morning coffee.
My home is in a cute neighborhood bordering vineyards, three miles out of the darling town of Sonoma on the way to Kenwood. It is an easy access off of the main road and takes five to ten minutes to drive to Sonoma or Kenwood depending on time of day. My major attraction is a beautiful, quiet and private backyard with a pool and a covered deck with a view of vineyards. If the weather is good, enjoy having your coffee in the morning and relax with the view! It looks like Tuscany. Sorry, but no pets or smoking on property.
Travelers are renting a home in a small neighborhood which borders on rolling vineyards, so they have their own private access to all of the inside and outside space.
Interaction with guests
I like to meet my guests and live nearby to help with their stay. We have a guest letter with the county rules and expectations.
Other things to note
County ordinances require that there is no outside noise after 10 am and before 9am. We would expect you to treat our home as you would yours. No more than three cars are allowed. Please know that we are a no smoking home and you will forfeit your deposit, if we learn that you or any guests are smoking on the property. We also do not allow any pets. We are licensed in the county and our number is: 1140N
I would like guests who are looking for a quiet comfortable space and are planning on visiting this lovely area. I have lived in this lovely home for over eleven years and recently married a wonderful man and we have moved up the street to his home. As we may move back, we wanted to share our home with special people who will enjoy it's unique character. We are around to help make your visit a special one in our community which we so enjoy. Below is the rental agreement for your stay.
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN WITH PAYMENT
VBRO # (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)ANT NAME: (See VBRO or Airbnb website) ____________________________________________________________
TENANT ADDRESS: __________________________________________________________
TENANT CELL _____________________________________________________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS _______________
Vineyard Views is located at 189 El Portola Drive, Sonoma CA, 95476
NUMBER OF ADULTS__0______; CHILDREN___0____; CARS___0____
1. AGREEMENT: Vineyard Views and Tenant agree as follows: Above Tenant is an adult who is twenty-five or older and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Children will be included with permission of the owner. The Tenant acknowledges that they know that there is a pool without a fence so they need to protect a child from entering the pool. They have been cautioned by Owner to take extra care with their infant or child. There will be no pets allowed on the property. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult.
2. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The security deposit is $500 for the rental and due at time of reservation. Your security deposit is fully refundable within 14 days of termination of occupancy provided that real and personal property are in the same condition as when occupancy commenced and all terms of this agreement are met. If anything is broken or not useable, such as a wine glass or pot or pan, a minimum of $25 will be charged and taken from the security deposit. In general, the value of the item will be taken into effect.
Total Rent Quoted as calculated on the VBRO or Airbnb website:
Full payment is due within two days by credit card OR RESERVATION IS NOT VALID.
4. CANCELLATION: Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. We will refund the sums you have paid, less a $150 cancellation fee. If your notice of cancellation is RECEIVED LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE, you will forfeit all sums paid, except your security deposit.
5. CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00 PM. Please arrange with Owner, so you can get the key. EARLY CHECK IN TIMES ARE ALLOWED ONLY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS CLEANED AND READY FOR OCCUPANCY AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED. Keys will be ready for pick up at 189 El Portola, Sonoma. Keys WILL NOT be issued with a balance owing or without a signed rental agreement with the owners.
6. CHECK OUT: CHECK OUT TIME IS 11:00 AM. THERE IS AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR LATE CHECK OUT IF IT HAS NOT BEEN AGREED TO BY OWNER BEFORE CHECK-OUT. Please leave all keys, remote controls etc. at the location. A $100 fee will be charged for all nonapproved hours (or portion thereof), past the required check out time. A $25 per item fee will be charged for each lost key.
7. CLEANING: The property will be inspected and cleaned after your departure. A $100 fee is due for this service. The rental fee you have paid will provide for normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. YOU ARE REQUESTED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure, dishes are washed and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be cleaned. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour.
8. TELEPHONES: The property does not have a telephone as most of our guests use their cell phones.
9. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY.
10. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items to get your vacation started, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items, as you need them. We do supply shampoo, cream rinse, hair dryers and soap.
11. TENANTS LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, furnishings, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, Tenant agrees to reimburse owner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
12. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES: Tenants and all other occupants recognize that this home is located in a residential neighborhood and agrees not to disturb neighbors’ quiet enjoyment of their properties. County ordinances prohibit outside or loud noise after 10:00PM or before 9:00AM. Tenants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A.) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation, (no more than an additional 6 non-registered guests may visit the home during the day for family dinners or similar gatherings), B.) Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age, C.) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties, D) The use of outdoor amplified sound, and E.) Any other acts which interferes with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property or violate local ordinances.
13. HOLD HARMLESS: Vineyard Views, and its owners and Manager do not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will owners accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control.
14. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges owner of Vineyard Views from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
PARKING AND CARS: No more than 3 cars are permitted unless by approval of the owner. Two cars should be parked in the driveway and one can be parked on the road past the driveway on the right. Please do not park before the driveway on the right or our neighbors will complain.
FIREPLACES: The home has two fireplaces neither of which is to be used.
GARAGE AND WASHER/ DRYER: The property has a garage which is not part of the rental, as it is private storage for the owner. The washer/dryer are in the garage and can be used only with permission form the owner and for stays more than three days.
15. PAYMENT BY CHECK: If it is agreed that you can pay by check and the check is returned for NSF there will be a $50 service charge. Keys will not be issued until the check has successfully cleared the bank. Checks should be made payable to Lucy Weiger.
WE HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL VISIT IN OUR HOME AND THE SURROUNDING AREA. WE LIVE NEARBY AND ARE HAPPY TO ADVISE ABOUT LOCAL ATTRACTIONS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RENTING A PRIVATE HOME IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD AND TREAT IT WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WOULD LIKE SHOWN TO YOUR OWN.
TENANT SIGNATURE_________________________________________________ DATE _______________
OWNER ACCEPTANCE: Lucy Weig(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
I grew up in the East Coast and have lived in Sonoma for eleven years, so I have gotten to know Sonoma as a tourist and now as a local. I am happy to help share my knowledge of the area. I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Ghana, West Africa, so welcome fellow volunteers. I have an undergraduate degree from Connecticut College and a graduate degree from Yale University, if you attended any of these schools. I enjoy being a little outside of town, as it is quite quiet and peaceful, however I am only 3 miles from downtown Sonoma.