About this listing
VISIT LISBON. RELAX WITH US.
Within Lisbon's Castle walls, consider staying in this unique setting with a fortress to one side and the serenity of an overwhelming river view to the other.
This is our Castle Charm.
Make it yours for a few days!
Inside Lisbon's castle walls, where only a few hundreds have the privilege of living; on the first row of houses off the main fortification and with a magnificent river view, consider staying in a house where the light, breeze and views create for a peaceful and serene atmosphere to where to retreat and relax from a day on the town, or recharge by having a morning in.
This is as central and historical as it gets!
Renovated in February 2015 by Portuguese architects POLIGONO to guarantee the comfort of your stay. The house is located on the 4th floor, without lift. Its unique character is nested in the balance between history and modernity. The two-room apartment has been transformed into a single bedroom, maintaining however, its capacity to accommodate two couples. This alteration has given it a new feel, more ample and flooded with light.
On entry you will be immediately confronted with the living room's south facing light, river view, balcony and its wooden structure that constitutes the central element of the house. This living room is furnished with a comfortable sofa-bed, bean bags, cable tv and a dinning area. The snug bedroom, with its alluring bed and inviting castle view will make it hard to leave in the morning. The house has still a fully equipped kitchen and a small-sized but complete shower-room.
As the centre of the historic centre from which the city grew, the castle's location is perfect to reach most of the city's attractions and be a great headquarters for your stay. The newly inaugurated assisted path from Baixa together this the several new means of locomotion, as for example the tuk-tuks, make a return home (up the hill) a pleasant and easy experience.
In the near surroundings you will find most facilities you may require, small shops, groceries, cafes and restaurants. But anyway you are only 10 minutes on foot from several highly touristic and therefore well-served areas like Baixa and Alfama.
AT WALKING DISTANCE
Within less than 10-20 minutes walking you may:
- The entrance to the Castle is just 150m from your door, it is worth the visit. Catch a magnificent sunset over the city or get acquainted with Lisbon from its most central and widest vantage point.
- Choose one of the several possibilities and stroll down the Castle's hill, get to know its surrounding intertwining streets and squares - Largo do Contador Mor, Rua de Santiago and use Largo dos Loios and Rua da Costa do Castelo for a more horizontal walk, you will find yourself at the end of a few miutes in one of these incredible areas of the city – Alfama, Mouraria, Graça, Alfama or Sé – each has its own particular identity.
- On Tuesdays and Saturdays in the morning Lisbon’s flee market is a short walk away, a great place for a less typical souvenir, at a bargain price. The Market is in the surrounding of the National Patheon and the Monastery of São Vicente de Fora, two outstanding monuments
- Visit 3 of Lisbon’s vantage points and experience 3 of its most precious views at Miradouro das Portas do Sol (6min), Miradouro de Santa Luzia (5min) and Miradouro da Graça (15min).
- Get losts down Alfama’s narrow roads and picturesque squares.
- Hop on the typical Tram 28, just in front of our door, and let yourself be led through several of Lisbon’s neighborhoods from Alfama, Baixa… up and down from Graça all the way to Campo de Ourique.
- You will find several means of transport from the indian inspired Tuk-Tuks to Segway rentals and hop-on-hop-off buses. Just make a pick!
THE PERFECT LOCATION
The house boasts a prime location, secluded enough not to feel the noise and unrest of the modern city, but just close enough and easily accessible to feel you can be anywhere in "no time". The new assisted path from Baixo do Castelo (a set of lifts and horizontal roads) has made the Castle must easier to reach on foot. If you arrive to Lisbon by plane there are several options, depending on speed you want to arrive, if you want to get to know the city on your way in and budget.
We suggest you take a taxi from the airport (of rush hour it should take longer than 20min and15-20€) or that you come in on bus 708 to Praça da Figueira from where you can walk, catch bus 703 or get a tuk-tuk or taki.
Our apartment is the perfect accommodation for those desiring a truly genuine Lisbon experience, with most attractions at walking distance and a great night sleep waiting every night at the Castle!
Other things to note
Castle Charm is a reputable, legally registered and recognized rental, fully registered at Turismo de Portugal, under the number 16351/AL and supervised by the local authorities, Câmara Municipal de Lisboa and ASAE. This accreditation can be checked any time at Turismo de Portugal database.Of course, the best independent proof of our quality is the reviews from our previous guests, which you are invited to read in our page or when making a reservation.
We must warn you that from the past January 01 - 2016 a touristic tax of EUR 1 per person, per night, is being demanded by the Lisbon City Hall! This city tax applies to guests aged 13 and over, up to a maximum of EUR 7 per guest, per stay, and it will be colected by Airbnb.
License or registration number16351/AL
Learn about this field
-Check In's are held from 3.00p.m. to 9.00p.m.(at a time scheduled prior to the Arrival, to make sure the owner is on site to welcome and give access)
-Check Out: must be carried out before 10.00am.
- Depending on OUR availability we may check you in from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. with NO EXTRA CHARGE (this situation shall ALWAYS be confirmed and checked prior to arrival. We can not always OFFER our guests this 'special check in offer'
- ATTENTION: EXTRA COST of 25€ would be charged to check in's prior to 9.00a.m. or later than 9.00 p.m.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 607 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, we are Filipa and Ricardo, a young couple happily together for eight years now. Five years ago we found a triplex, with which we fell completely in love.
We both work in marketing, love to gather with friends on weekends, dine out and experience all that Lisbon has new to offer; we love the sun here, the beach, travelling around, music festivals and concerts. We love music!
After all these years, as the family is about to grow, we felt the needed to find another "nest", but we definitely didn't want to let go this one!
So many memories, of the best five years of our lives, dozens of special moments spent in this house led us to keep the triplex to be able to share it with you all now.
The success we have had with sharing the triplex with all of you, and love we have felt in welcoming tourists to Lisbon and making them feel at home, making their visit memorable has together with having found this great duplex in Alfama made us expand to another house, in which we would be delighted to welcome you.
Come and share this experience. Start your visit in Lisbon with us!