A stones throw from the historic Venice Canals, steps to the beach and shopping on Abbott Kinney, this classic Venice Beach cottage is where you want to be in Venice Beach. Cool Air Conditioning, BBQ and garage parking included!
You'll get an entire house that was newly furnished to fulfill your modern needs in an authentic and historic beach cottage setting.
The master bedroom has a super comfy king size bed and the two guest bedrooms have a queen size bed each. Please check out the floor plan in the pictures for the layout of the rooms. One of the guest bedroom is accessed through another guest bedroom.
This 3 bedroom, 2 bath can accommodate 6 guests very comfortably. If you are 8 we can offer you set up two portable twin beds.
Fully furnished and with original art and hardwood floors throughout, this house is ideal as a romantic retreat for couples, sublime pad for individuals and get-away for families or groups who would like to relax close to the beach.
The kitchen is fully equipped ( pot, pans, plates, spices, coffee and tea), the bathrooms come with towels, bathroom essentials and a hair dryer.
There is also a patio to enjoy the sun, watch people and chill all day ( Highly recommended!).
The property is enclosed with an 6 foot fence which provides safety and is conveniently located just 4 minutes from the beach and an even shorter walk to the shopping on Abbott Kinney Blvd.
Parking in the garage of the house is included! You'll appreciate this once you're try to look for parking in the summer.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDED:
• Digital cable with TV
• Wireless high- speed internet
• Linens, sheets, towels, beach towels, cookware, dinnerware, spices, coffee, tea and a little guide to the neighborhood
• Washer and Dryer
• All other appliances included
• close to Venice Canals
• 5 min walk from Venice Beach
• 5 min walk from Abbott Kinney with its world class restaurants, bars, boutiques and galleries
• 10 min from the Marina where you can paddle board or sail
• 10 min bike ride to Santa Monica and 3rd Street Promenade
• 45 min by car to Disneyland
• 30 min by car to Downtown and Hollywood
• 2 1/2 h by car to Joshua Tree National Park
Palos Verdes is only 30 miles south and en route you will pass Marina del Rey, Playa del Rey, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Herrmosa and Redondo Beach. To the North Malibu is only 26 miles and you will pass Santa Monica and the 3rd Street Promenade and Pacific Palisades.
If you want to go past Malibu and drive up the coast you can visit Ventura, Santa Barbara and Solvang which are part of the wine country.
The unit is located 10 minutes from the 10 freeway and 8 minutes to the 405. Hopping on the 10 freeway you can be downtown very quickly.
LAST MINUTE: No problem, just ask and inquire through email.
PETS: Yes, please ask an additional cleaning fee of $25 applies.
During the Christmas and summer season, we may require a one week minimum stay and there are different rates for Holidays.
You'll be renting an entire house with key pad code access. I'll give you your personal code a few days prior to your arrival. You can check yourself in at any time after 3pm. ( Guests arriving in the middle of the night really benefited from this).
Upon your departure, I'll provide you with the check out instructions ( which pretty much only means to lock the doors behind you).
Interaction with guests
I'm available 24/7 via text/email/call before and during your stay. We live down the street and also can stop by if you need anything explained or need help with anything.
Other things to note
Please send me an email, inquiring about availability before booking. Different dates and minimum stays may apply.
1. NO PARTIES, NO EVENTS, NO FILMING:
No more than 8 people in the house. If guests violate this rule, owner reserves the right to enter the house and/or turn off the electricity.Violation of this rule will result in the forfeit of $300 of your the security deposit. Owner reserves right to eject guests from the property without notice if a violation of this rule occurs.
2. QUIET HOURS 10pm - 8am.
When you listen to music, close all windows. If guests violate this rule, owner reserves the right to enter the house and/or turn off the electricity if guests don't answer their phones. Continued violation of rule after initial warning by owner will result in the forfeit of $100 of your the security deposit. Any additional fines from state agencies will also be deducted from the security deposit.
3. No more than 8 overnight guests.
Violation of this rule will result in the forfeit of $100 of your the security deposit.
4. No smoking on premise. If you chose to smoke in the alley or on the sidewalk in front please dispose your cigarette butts safely. Don't throw cigarettes over the fence. It is hot and dry in California, you could easily start a fire ( and upset the neighbors ). Violation of this rule will result in the forfeit of $100 of your the security deposit.
5. No illegal activity or drugs on premise. Violation of this rule will result in the forfeit of $100 of your the security deposit.
6. Lock the front gate and entrance door during your stay and when you check-out. If the door is found unlocked after your check-out, we reserve the right to deduct $100 from your security deposit.
7. Check out is 11am. No late check out unless approved by host in writing ( email or text message ). If the guests fails to check out by noon, we reserve the right to deduct $150 from your security deposit.
8. Please remove your makeup before going to bed, it destroys bedding and towels. We have provided Kleenex for this.
9. Owner reserves the right to enter the premise at any time in an emergency situation or if someone is violating the rules.
10. The owner requires access to the premise 1x week during daytime hours for maintenance of plants if you stay more than a week.
My husband and I love meeting new people and sharing the great experience that Venice has to offer. We're glad that Airbnb gives us the opportunity to travel and connect in a very unique way.
We are both creative design professionals and would love to give you tips of what to see and do in LA.
You will, as we do, love strolling on Abbott Kinney ( which GQ rated as the coolest block in America ), go surfing or sunbathing at the beach and explore the world famous and highly entertaining Venice Boardwalk.
I'm originally from Germany and always looking forward to meet other fellow Germans.