Rustic farmhouse with a big bright kitchen. Your group will have a wonderful time in this 1850's farmhouse, all to yourselves! Wilderness, wood stove, hiking trails, river tubing, cooking, bonfires, fiction library and more.
This farmhouse sleeps 10 on 5 full beds. Natural setting with trails, river, pond, woods on 23 acres. The bedrooms are connected to each other without a hallway, so you walk through each other's rooms to get to another room. The 1850's charm of this house is accented with bright colors and compelling artwork. The kitchen is a cook's kitchen: plenty of space, and stools around an island for onlooking eaters. Great spot for parties, reunions, respite and fun.
- Full house and porch
- Grounds, trails, river, bonfires
- Bedding, soap, shampoo, plates, silverware for 10
- Commercial gas range
- Swimming, fishing and wading in the river
- Hiking trails
- Orchards and fresh fruit off the land
- Tea from the land
- 20 minutes from Vermont's capital city, Montpelier, with an abundance of bookstores and local beer
- Local attractions and Vermont views everywhere, just 20 minutes from the Northeast Kingdom, the most beautiful and adventurous corner of Vermont.
Interaction with guests
Available as needed.
Other things to note
* The bedrooms are WALK-THRU to the other bedrooms. There are 4 kaleidescoping rooms, one of which is the landing on the stairway, and the you walk through each of them to get to the next.
* The "hot tub" is actually a giant bathtub with jets. (Doesn't stay hot for the duration, so you fill and use it.)
* There are not locks on the doors
If anything breaks or gets ruined, please leave a note so we know to replace it. Many thanks.
We live and love life, here on 23 acres in Vermont. In addition to serving guests from all over the world at our guest house and campground, we operate an awesome chocolate & granola factory called Nutty Steph's. We love building community and watching the beauty unfold on our land. We also enjoy visiting Puerto Rico, gardening, salsa, good communication, beer, and Jane the Virgin.
Come, enjoy our world. The grounds are magical, filled with trails, creeks, meadows, orchards and a twisty turny bend of the great Winooski River. If you like to prepare and share food, then you will love our kitchen. At the Onion River Farmhouse, enjoy all the comforts of home and expect that you just may venture out into a corner of your wild nature as well. We look forward to hosting you soon!