About this listing
Woodland Ridge offers deluxe accommodations, including quiet guest rooms, a whirlpool bathtub and separate shower in every guest room, comfortable full sized beds. Our facility offers a quiet alternative to a to a traditional hotel.
Woodland Ridge Retreat is located in the rural village of Downsville, Wisconsin just a few blocks from the Red Cedar State Bicycle Trail. This idyllic property overlooks the scenic Red Cedar River Valley in the west-central part of the state just an hour east of the Twin Cities. No expense was spared when this Frank Lloyd Wright inspired building was originally opened in 1998 as the guest house addition to the Creamery Restaurant and Inn. Walls of windows fill the interior spaces with views looking out on the woodlands and private garden courtyards. Handmade tiles, from Dunn County Pottery, feature leaves of native trees and add a special touch to each guest room. Although Woodland Ridge Retreat operates primarily as a creative retreat, we are able to offer up to eight guest rooms when the retreat is not operating at full occupancy.
Our facility offers deluxe accommodations, including quiet guest rooms, a whirlpool bathtub and separate shower in every guest room, comfortable full sized beds with 400 thread count sheets and down alternative pillows and duvets. Each guest room is furnished with three full sized beds that can comfortably sleep three adults or two adults and two children. The facility is on one level with ADA accessible guest accommodations.
This listing is for 1 guest room. Additional rooms may be available. Please inquire.
- Free WiFi
- A Light Continental Breakfast Included
- 3 Blocks from Red Cedar Bike Trail, 10 miles from Chippewa River Trail
- Private hiking trails
- Guest rooms do not have televisions but can be added upon request
- Up to eight guest rooms available making this the perfect location for family reunions and corporate retreats
- 2 conference rooms available for rent
Interaction with guests
Manager is on site
Local restaurants and shopping in Downsville include:
- The Downsville Coffee House - Serving breakfast and lunch Wednesday through Sunday. This restaurant also features the artwork of Alan Yanke.
- T.J.'s Inn - famous for their sirloin for two and hamburgers
- Cubby's Country Zone - Delicious Handmade Pizza
- Simply Dunn - Home of Dunn County Pottery features artwork from local and global
- Empire in Pine Museum - open during the summer months
- Red Cedar State Trail nearby. The Chippewa River Bike Trail meets this trail 10 miles to the south
The town of Menomonie, home of U.W. Stout, is located six miles north and offers additional dining and shopping options.
Deposits made for lodging are non-refundable.
Woodland Ridge Retreat is a non-smoking facility.
No pet policy - Boarding available nearby
Art is at the heart of all I enjoy. Walks in the woods and bike rides on the Red Cedar Trail remind me of moments I would love to capture in my art work. Most of my work is created using my own hand dyed or painted fabrics. Stained glass is another medium that I love to work with. Art quilts are on display throughout the building. Some of my hand dyed and crafted items are available for purchase in our gift shop along with select items from Dunn County Pottery.
My education focused on hospitality and nutrition with an art minor. It is exciting to be combining all of these passions into Woodland Ridge Retreat.