Enjoy your own well-furnished, clean, private bedroom on the edge of Chelsea & Greenwich Village -- two beautiful, historic residential NYC neighborhoods. Fast wi-fi, internet TV, Netflix, AC, full bath & shower, kitchen with gourmet appliances and cookware, and light breakfast included.
Enjoy a clean, well-furnished, modified 3-bedroom apartment in a convenient, central Manhattan location between Chelsea and Greenwich Village, shared with two adults -- my housemate and me. We are both relaxed, mature and responsible guys, both very clean and tidy. He occupies the second bedroom, and I sleep in the outer area of the apartment -- modified into a third bedroom and separated at night by a floor-to-ceiling, full-length partition, so everyone enjoys complete privacy. The shared, common spaces of the apartment (the areas of the apartment that everyone is welcome to use) are the kitchen, bathroom, entry and hallway.
You'll have your own private bedroom (with door lock and key for increased privacy and security, if you wish to use it). Your bedroom is furnished with a double/full bed with a comfortable new Sealy mattress and designer bedding; a tall dresser; a work station (computer desk) and comfortable desk chair; a wall-mounted LCD “Smart” internet TV connected to the wi-fi and offering a universe of free movies and TV shows via Netflix, HuluPlus and other channels; air conditioner with fan and remote control; and under-bed storage space for your bags.
The apartment is on the top (5th) floor, and your bedroom has a window looking out from the back side of the building, so your personal space is quiet and peaceful. You can enjoy natural sunlight, or lower the honeycomb blinds for privacy and use the four (4) different sources of lighting (ceiling, wall-mounted and tabletop lighting) within your room.
This is a walk-up building (without lift/elevator), but I am happy to carry your bags upstairs, when you arrive. You can then enjoy living on the top floor, with natural light from outside, and practically zero noise from the street or from neighbors.
We love a clean, orderly living space. I try to clean the kitchen and bathroom each day, or as often as possible. Your room will be cleaned before your arrival, and it can also be cleaned during your visit, if you wish.
Your booking includes a daily breakfast with a variety of beverages and breakfast foods. Some (or all) of these items will already be stocked in the kitchen when you arrive: coffee; tea; fresh juice; cereal with milk; yogurt; berries; fruits; granola; oatmeal; eggs; cheeses & bread. If you have specific items you prefer for breakfast, or if you have dietary restrictions, I am happy to provide for those -- just please inform me in advance.
We are easy-going and we like to laugh. But we're also respectful and considerate of our guests, especially about keeping the apartment clean and tidy, and quiet and peaceful. If this sounds like the environment for you, then we look forward to meeting and hosting you!
Guests will have access to these spaces, features and hotel-style amenities:
- your own private bedroom, with lock and keys (for your bedroom and the apartment and building);
- a full bathroom featuring full bath tub and shower with dual European-style (corded) and American-style (fixed) shower heads with 35 power-massage settings, and complimentary shampoo, soap and body wash;
- a fully-stocked gourmet kitchen including refrigerator, high-quality coffeemaker, professional-grade cookware, microwave oven, countertop toaster oven, gas stove, gas oven, and a variety of drinks and food items for daily breakfast and refreshments;
- a hall closet with some space to hang your clothing;
- underbed space to stow/store your suitcases, bags and other personal items;
- access to free, fast, unlimited internet on our home wi-fi network with a new Cisco "N" router;
- freshly cleaned bath towels, hand towels & bed sheets;
- electrical adapters to charge and power your dual-voltage 100-240V electronic devices;
- umbrellas, in case of rain;
- a hair dryer;
- an iron, ironing board, spray starch and distilled water, to iron your fine clothing;
- access to office equipment such as scanner and color laser printer (if you wish to print documents for entertainment or travel, for example, theater tickets or your boarding passes for your flights); and
- your own wi-fi-based entertainment system (private flat-screen internet TV mounted on the wall in your bedroom) including unlimited free movies and TV shows on Netflix and HuluPlus, as well as built-in YouTube, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) and news apps, and regular broadcast TV news channels.
Interaction with guests
I like to meet and greet my guests when they arrive, with a brief walk-through of the bedroom and the apartment, and to offer my advice about nearby cafes, restaurants and places to see. In NYC everyone is on a very busy schedule, however, when my guests stay for many days, and if our personal and work schedules permit, then I do like to offer to prepare a hot breakfast, if my guests are interested -- this is something I really enjoy, since I love to cook! Otherwise, I leave my guests alone, but I do try to be available for them 24/7 for any questions or help they may need.
No smoking, drugs, parties or pets. At night, we also minimize the level of noise to each other and our neighbors living in the apartment below -- from television, music, conversations, and even walking in hard shoes. (The walls and the floor do not contain sound very well -- typical of a mid-century Manhattan apartment building.) I have extra wireless and wired headsets for guests to enjoy TV. movies and music at any time of the night or day -- just ask :-)
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a gay guy in my 40s. I'm a linguist at heart, and I'm just launching a new career in sales and rentals of premium residential Manhattan real estate. I love playing volleyball, biking and weightlifting and I do these nearly every day. I also love motorcycles (recently got my license), aviation (took flying lessons a while back) and quality cooking.