Just 2 hours North of NYC and 10 minutes to Woodstock NY. The Glenford House offers 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, sleeps 6-8. Private Hot Tub, outdoor fire pit, ping-pong table, fireplace, gas grill, deck with mesmerizing views of the Ashokan Reservoir. Well stocked pantry. Good cell phone reception & fast WiFi. Sorry, no pets.
A Tranquil Light -filled Catskills Retreat with Stunning Water Views.
Experience the serenity & beauty of the Catskills from our newly renovated home with mesmerizing views of the Ashokan Reservoir & Shawangunk Mountains. The Glenford House was designed to be a peaceful retreat with the rustic charm of a country cottage and modern amenities of city living. A place to enjoy slow and simple pleasures like cooking for loved ones in a light-drenched kitchen or reading books you’ve been meaning to for much too long.
Enjoy the quiet and privacy of the country, complete with swimming holes and hikes near by, while also having easy access to great restaurants, shops, bars and cafes, arts and music, and movies just ten minutes away in great towns like Woodstock, Phoenicia, Saugerties, and Kingston.
You’ll have an eat-in cook’s kitchen with five burner range, an airy living room with cathedral ceilings, a fireplace and a huge farm table, second floor master bedroom with adjacent room that doubles as a writing or yoga studio, two other lovely bedrooms, one on the second floor, one on the first, two full bathrooms, one on first floor and one on the second, a bright sun room with three walls of windows, TV room with basic cable (24 channels) plus Roku with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and Wii, and a two level deck/porch with a Hot Tub, Weber Genesis grill and ping-pong table. Plus, ample windows and water and mountain views from almost every room imbue the house with a light and airy feeling.
Kitchen: Our eat-in cook's kitchen includes a comfy breakfast nook looking out over the Ashokan, a five-burner gas stove with a double oven, dishwasher, a deep farm sink, and ample supplies. We love to cook, and we've filled the kitchen to the brim with everything from stainless steel and non-stick frying pans in a range of sizes, to specialty items like Le Crueset lasagna pans, a double boiler, pancake griddle, and a Keurig coffee maker (stocked with K-cups) alongside a french press and standard coffee maker, and a well-stocked pantry. And just outside the door is a Weber Genesis gas grill on the deck. We also supply you with a full kitchen inventory before you arrive for planning purposes.
Entertainment: Our TV room comes with a flat-screen television with cable; Roku with access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime; and Wii. We also have games, many books, a ping-pong table and newly installed Hot Tub.
Outdoor Activities: If you like to get outside, it’s hard to imagine a better place to do it. In the winter, enjoy great skiing and snowboarding with Hunter, Belleayre, and Windham just 25 to 45 minutes away. For cross-country skiers, the Mountain Trails cross country ski center, with a network of maintained trails, is also easily accessible. Go swimming in the many local swimming holes, tubing down the Esopus, hiking in the Catskills state parks, climbing in the Gunks, fishing in the reservoir, ziplining at Hunter Mountain—the list goes on and it’s all close. And if you’re a cyclist, we’re happy to provide challenging routes full of rollers and hills or easy tours showcasing the extraordinary beauty of the region—you name it.
Discovering the Catskills: To help you get the most out of your stay, we’ve put together a guide to the region with favorite restaurants and things to do, maps to activities, places to get supplies, and suggested highlights of the area.
While we love dogs, we maintain a low allergen environment, and do not allow pets in our vacation rental.
Guests have access to our home & entire 3 acre property.
Interaction with guests
There is a lock box to gain access to the house. Please call or text upon arrival. Thanks!
By booking with us you agree to the following:
1. Smoking is NOT permitted inside the house.
2. Pets are NOT allowed. We are proud to maintain a clean low allergen environment!
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and on the premises.
6. Off-street parking is available for 5 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking area only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels if you plan to go swimming. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
8. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood-burning fireplace. Please use care when using. The fireplace must be attended to at all times while a fire is burning; in no case shall the Guest leave the property while a fire is burning. The outdoor fire pit shall not be moved. We plan for and provide a reasonable amount of firewood for each guest/group (10-15 logs per day)
9. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or baby wipes should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $350, the cost to have the septic pumped out. Please do not run the water/hose excessively, our water is provided by our own well. No swimming pools shall be brought onto our property.
10. Inclement weather: No refunds will be given for inclement weather. We do not refund due to road conditions.
11. No loud parties, loud music, events, or entertaining groups shall be held on the property. For the sake of our nice neighbors, please keep things quiet after 11PM
12. Guest agrees that he or she will be responsible for any and all property damages arising out of the use and occupancy of the house by Guest and Guest’s invitees and visitors. Guest is responsible for ensuring that the house and all personal property therein are left upon departure in the same condition and repair as upon arrival. Guest agrees that he or she will be financially responsible for any and all necessary replacement and repair costs incurred during their stay, within 45 days of the end of the rental term.
13. If keys are lost, there will be a replacement charge for each lost key.
14. Hot Tub- Guest agrees that the use of the Hot Tub by any member of the rental group, including visitors, is entirely at their own risk. Guest agrees to abide by our Hot Tub Rules, If the hot tub is used at by anyone in their rental group during, guest agrees they will maintain the hot tub during their stay,. (We’ve designed the maintenance to be a simple, one step, once a day process!) If the hot tub has not been used, then no maintenance is required by guests. Please note: We do not give refunds if the hot tub is out of commission for any reason.
THE USE OF THE HOT TUB BY ANY MEMBER OF THE RENTAL GROUP, INCLUDING VISITORS, IS ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN RISK.
I'm happily married to David and between us, we play Celtic music, practice yoga, and qi-gong, teach fencing, enjoy film noir, ceramics, sculpture, cooking and spontaneous pot luck dinner parties. We've lived in the Catskills since 1987 and we love this area because there's such a strong sense of community. We have a rich social life which feeds our spirits. We love to outdo our guests expectations and provide an easy, relaxing get-away.