DeWitt Lodge is a newly renovated home available to rent in Hurley, NY, in the heart of the Hudson Valley. This cozy and unique house is very comfortable and is an ideal getaway location for a couple, but can accommodate up to four people.
DeWitt Lodge sits on a ridge amidst 4 acres of woods just outside Hurley, NY. The house is newly-renovated and has a mixture of modern and antique furnishings, great colors and interesting curios.
Just two hours from Manhattan, it is an ideal base to discover the beauty of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains.
The area features beautiful scenery, many outdoor activities including hiking and biking, rock climbing, sailing, swimming holes and tubing. Museums, art galleries, historic homes and great restaurants are all within easy reach by car. We are less than 10 minutes from Kingston with its vibrant restaurants and arts scene; Rosendale, High Falls and Stone Ridge are 10 minutes away; New Paltz, Mohonk, Woodstock and Rhinebeck are 20 minutes away and the Shawangunks and Hyde Park are only 25 minutes away. We are also only 25 minutes from skiing at Belleayre Mountain.
The house has one private bedroom with a queen size bed and direct access to the bathroom. There is also a reading/sleeping loft above the living room with a full size bed, accessed by a steep staircase. It's a fun space!
The master bedroom has a wood burning stove, private porch and bluestone patio. There is a large living area with a sofa, TV and DVD player, a turntable with a great selection of old vinyl, and some great speakers and room to dance. There is a dining area with a table for 4, a small and funky kitchen with its own breakfast porch, and a bathroom with a tub and shower.
There is plenty of outdoor space with a table and seating as well as a gas grill. No landscaped gardens here...the deer eat everything I plant!
Entire home - bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen with breakfast porch, reading loft, patio and all outdoor areas.
Interaction with guests
No interaction during guests' stay. We will be available by phone/e-mail for any questions and concerns but will not be on the property during your stay.
Other things to note
We do allow dogs up to 50Lbs by request, sorry but no cats allowed.
Please note that the kitchen appliances are apartment size.
1. No smoking anywhere inside the house.
2. Shoes - please bring slippers or indoor shoes with you for your stay. Please do not wear heavy outdoor shoes in the house.
3. Please respect the house and its contents; it is my home.
4. Guest limits - people other than those in the guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property.
5. Health - the owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
6. Furniture - please do not move the furnishings.
7. Pets - small dogs may be allowed by prior arrangement and payment of applicable non- refundable deposit.
8. Wood burning stove - please refer to user manual when using the wood burning stove and always use it with caution. Never leave the house with the fire burning and always close the door at night when it is lit.
9. Septic - the house has its own septic tank and system. It works well but it will clog if any improper material is flushed. PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH ANYTHING OTHER THAN TOILET PAPER. No feminine products are to be flushed at any time; please use the receptacle provided.
10. Energy - please be energy conscious with the heating. Please do not set the thermostat above 70 degrees (the house warms very quickly) and always turn the thermostat down when leaving the house.
11. No firearms or weapons allowed in the house.
12. Enjoy your stay!
I have lived in the Hudson Valley for 17 years. Originally from England and arriving here via Brooklyn and Florida, I am very happy to have ended up in this beautiful part of the world! I work as an interior designer and live in Kingston with my husband Bill. When not working we love nothing more than travelling the world and meeting new people.