The close proximity to I-20 and the downtown corridor makes this location ideal for those looking to the explore the city, attend a concert at a local venue, or work on a nearby movie set.
This two room private in-law suite provides guests with an ideally located sanctuary in the city. One block away from Grant Park and a mile from Turner Field, guests can walk to the Atlanta Zoo in minutes or bicycle over to a Braves game. The close proximity to I-20 and the downtown corridor makes this location ideal for a family looking to the explore the city for the weekend, a music enthusiast attending a concert at a local venue, someone in the film industry working in a nearby studio or set, or a professional in town for a conference or business. The suite is divided from the main house, has a private entrance, a queen size Tempurpedic mattress, a master bath with double-headed shower and large corner whirlpool bath, and access to a deck overlooking a beautiful green space. Guests can easily walk or drive to popular coffee shops, restaurants, and historic sites. While the space is ideal for two people, a family with 1-2 small children could easily be accommodated in the space if the children slept in sleeping bags/ bedding on the floor. Please note, we do not allow smoking anywhere on our property.
A digital entry keypad provides apartment access for guests that arrive early (or late). Guests that stay more than 4 nights can coordinate access to on-site laundry in the main house.
Interaction with guests
We're happy to sit on the deck and socialize together, but we understand that some guests will come and go without meeting face-to-face. We love to provide recommendations for local activities, traffic tips, etc.
Other things to note
While the apartment suite is completely divided off from the main house, the unit does share duct work with the central a/c system. Though no animals are allowed in the suite, persons with extreme allergies should know that microscopic pet dander could be in the air (there are 2 indoor cats in the main house). We are environmentally conscious and follow Georgia Power's recommendations for heat & a/c settings: 68 in the winter and 78 in the summer. We will adjust heat settings up to 70 in the winter and down to 76-77 in the summer for guest that requests more/ less heat or air.
We expect guests to be considerate that a family lives in a space attached to their apartment, just as we are considerate of our guests.
1) No smoking anywhere on our property
2) Keep noise (voices, tv, music) down past 11pm (or before 7 am).
3) No more than 2 pre-approved adult guests; we will consider a family with 2 or more children, though please note that the suite is not baby-proofed for toddlers. If your travel plans include meeting a stranger at a club and bringing them back to your lodging for some love action, book somewhere else.
4) No pets.
5) No weapons.
6) No fighting or violence. If your actions lead to the police being called, you will be required to leave and will not be refunded.
7) Enjoy the spa tub, but don't run the jets after 11 pm (the motor is reverberates to our bedroom above). Likewise, please don't leave the exhaust fan in the bathroom running overnight.
8) Accidents happen; if something is accidentally damaged during your stay be pro-active and communicate with us before you leave so that we can discuss a fair amount to be deducted from your damage deposit.
Damages to the property will be deducted from the security deposit; as per Airbnb policy, deposits are released within 48 hours so long as there's no damage to the unit. Charges for any damages in excess of the security deposit will be pursued through Airbnb's host protection program.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My husband (Fran) and I met watching World Cup soccer in 2010. Fran grew up just North of London; I grew up in Georgia and have lived in Atlanta most of my life. I teach world studies and oversee global travel at a girls' school and Fran works in international telecommunications; a funny coincidence is that he collects globes and I collect rotary phones. We love spicy food, cold beer, traveling near and far to catch touring bands, and chilling out on a porch with friends. We've bragged about how much we enjoy using Airbnb when we travel and we hope to make guests feel as welcomed and comfortable as we've felt when booking via Airbnb. I strive to live by the environmentalist variation of the serenity prayer: want what you have, don't want what you don't have, and spend less than you earn.