KREOLE KOTTAGE—PLEASE NOTE BEFORE INQUIRING: Final Booking Price needs to be confirmed with us BEFORE booking, as AirBNB goes off from time to time--SAT in/out & 2-NT bookings especially! *THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A SIGNED CONTRACT & ID UPON BOOKING* This property is also the owner's home: NO animal allowed on the premises at any time, for any reason, during stay. A beautiful property, this authentic Creole Cottage Doublel style home is a special space everyone will enjoy.
There is 24-hour video surveillance at all entry points for your security.
Largest private garden in any vacation rental in the French Quarter area. Creole Cottage style in a real block that happens to be steps from everything.
Fastest WiFi avail
Keyless entry (NO KEYS to lose)
Egyptian Cotton bedding
Prices are OFTEN incorrectly generated so please check with us before making a prepaid booking with details about your group (men, women, couples family and age range from oldest to youngest). You may not split up a weekend (no Sat checkins or checkouts without a rate adjustment)
Quiet residential block steps from everything in search of quiet respectful guests. Our accommodation uniquely offers both the experience of being steps from all the tourist activity with being on a real block.
THREE beds total (2 queen, 1 new queen sofabeds)
One of the largest outdoor garden spaces this close to the Quarter.
Interaction with guests
Keyless entry, completely private, but total access for any assistance, exterior video security so complete safety.
Other things to note
Our greatest asset could be our greatest liability. The block is PIN DROP quiet, amazing for a block from the French Quarter, so you really get the feel that you are LIVING not visiting New Orleans. The downside is that the neighbors want it kept quiet and in Old New Orleans you are never more than a few feet from someone's bedroom, so you need to be mindful of noisy coming and going. Congo Square within Louis Armstrong Park is a 5 minute walk. Beautifully landscaped and incredibly historically and culturally significant.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
1. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE: Upon Arrival, and during stay, all Guests agree to notify Management immediately of any and all damage, malfunction, improper cleaning, or any other concern to The Property or Unit(s). Failure to notify Management immediately of any damage, malfunction, improper cleaning, or any other concern to The Property or Unit(s) shall constitute as a waiver of any claims regarding the condition of The Property, the Premises, or its facilities, and will result in deductions from Security/Damage Deposit—or charged directly to Contracting Guest. All Guests agree not to drag or roll luggage across wood floors or up/down any steps or staircases, whether inside or outside the historic property. Please carry all luggage.
Upon Departure, all Guests agree to turn off all lights and fans, HVAC systems, kitchen oven(s) and burners, water faucets, as well as close, secure, and lock all doors and windows. At Departure, all trash and other items brought into the unit must be removed. See Cleaning Fee/Trash Disposal below.
We cannot accommodate early check-ins or late check-outs, or store Guest's luggage outside of reservation times. Please have each member of Guest's party arrange their travel schedule to accommodate the 4 pm check in and 12 pm check-out times. (TIP: Guests flying to NOLA should consider later arrivals in the day for Check-in, and early flights-out on the day of Departure.)
Bags and belongings are not allowed on or within The Property until your Check-in time, and must be removed from The Property at your scheduled Check-out time. Please refer to your Booking Confirmation.
Contracted Guest agrees to provide, share, and make known this Contract and Rental/House Rules to all other members of his or her party.
NOTE: This property utilizes Home Automation technology. Assigned Door Codes will only function during the hours between the arrival and the departure times stated in Guest’s Booking Confirmation. Please, don't lock yourself out! Additional fees may apply.
2. PROPERTY & PREMISES: All Guests agree to keep The Property, The Premises, and all furnishings and appliances in good order. Do not move indoor furniture to different rooms nor outdoors. Do not bring outdoor furniture indoors. Use a cutting board when preparing food; do not use knives or utensils directly on counter tops or other inappropriate surfaces. Do not sit hot pots or pans on countertops or other inappropriate surfaces. Guests agree to use appliances ONLY for their intended purpose.
PLEASE REMOVE ALL SHOES AT THE FOYER/ENTRANCE OF THE HISTORIC HOME, AT ALL TIMES(URL HIDDEN)
All Guests agree to ensure that all doors and all windows are closed and locked when leaving The Property. Rainstorms occur often and suddenly throughout the year.
Though The Property is located on a quiet, residential street, The Property should be secured at all times. If Management is required to travel to The Property to address doors or windows left open or unlocked, an additional trip fee will be charged against the held security deposit, or billed directly to Guest.
All doors and all windows must remain closed while using the air-conditioning and heating system (HVAC). If doors or windows are left open for an extended period of time while using HVAC, the Home Automation system will automatically shut the system OFF.
NOTE: Multiple auto-shut-offs will LOCK the system to OFF mode, resulting in Guest’s need to contact Management to re-instate the system. Activation fee may apply.
3. UNKNOWN GUESTS: No Guest may bring ANY unknown person onto The Property who was not previously known to ALL Guests prior to Arrival. A scam at local bars is for a stranger to befriend tourists, and once inside their accommodation, to text a cohort about goods to be stolen. A break-in later follows. We have 24-hour exterior video surveillance, but that may not be fast enough to catch a thief. Guests should treat The Property as their own. All Guests should keep in mind that they are in an urban tourist-area when dealing with unknown individuals.
Over-night guests not identified in the “Complete Guest List” are not allowed, no exceptions.
4. TOILET USE: ONLY TOILET PAPER down the toilet—not even flushable wipes or other hygiene products! Do not flush nappies/diapers, sanitary pads, tampons, dental floss, tissues, or cotton pads, balls, or swabs. While in use, anything other than toilet paper and human waste will result in clogged pipes and a $500.00 (minimum) plumbing visit fee, as well as cleaning-and-repair costs. The street plumbing is older NOLA 1900s plumbing, so this rule MUST be followed. Feel free to flush a few times during use, if necessary.
5. LINENS & TOWELS: Makeup remover and cotton balls/pads are provided to prevent staining of high thread-count sheet sets ($150 a-piece), and bath linens. Please consider a personal washcloth, pillowcase, or towel if this might be an issue.
Please, DO NOT leave wet towels on furniture, on the wood floors, or hanging on doors or doorknobs to dry. It’s damaging and unsanitary. Instead, hang them to dry on the bathroom towel racks or door hooks, or you may use the hooks on the backside of the bedroom door(s). Feel free to launder towels as needed. High Efficiency (HE) detergent and dryer sheets are provided for use with the washer and dryer.
6. SMOKING: Since the majority of our guests favor an indoor smoke-free vacation/stay environment, we have a very strict indoor NO SMOKING policy. To provide our guests the best possible experience during their stay in our home, Smoking (INCLUDING ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES and other vapor) is not allowed or permitted anywhere within The Property at any time. All Guests must smoke outdoors, and away from any open doors or open windows or open vents to The Property. Failure to adhere to these terms will result in a minimum fee of $500.00 for remediation of the Property to smoke-free condition, including having the carpets, furniture, and HVAC cleaned. Please, smoke outdoors.
To accommodate our outdoor smoking guests, we provide ashtrays and/or sand-pots for temporary disposal in yard areas. Upon Departure, all Guests are responsible for the removal and disposal of all butts, matches and other debris from sand-pots and ashtrays to avoid any additional cleaning fees and/or forfeiture of the security deposit.
**PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF HOT ASH IN THE TRASH!**
7. POOL/JACUZZI/DECK (select properties*): Because there are no lifeguards or other attendants at the swimming pool, all guests are expressly responsible for the safety of themselves, members of their families, and guests using the swimming pool, and in so using or permitting to be used, specifically waive any and all liability claims. No Guest shall permit any juvenile member, any elderly, or any person with disabilities of this family or guests to play in or around the swimming pool without providing an attendant who is able to swim and can protect such guests in case of any difficulty in the water. All Guests are expected to conduct themselves with reasonable decorum. Any rough play or diving in the pool, or running on the deck, is Strictly Prohibited. By using the deck area, pool, and/or Jacuzzi, ALL Guests acknowledge that these areas can be dangerous and slippery when wet, and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. All Guests agree to observe and to adhere to all rules and policies as posted at The Property. All Guests accept and assume all risks involved in or related to the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, deck, and surrounding areas. NO glassware is to be taken outside to the pool area. Jacuzzi/Hot Tub is unavailable during the hotter months of the year.
8. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping or maid service. Bed, bath, and kitchen linens are provided in the unit, and guests are welcome and encouraged during their stay to wash towels and linens as needed in the washer/dryer. A dishwasher is provided for dishes and other kitchenware.
** TOWELS, LINENS AND OTHER HOUSEWARES MAY NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE PROPERTY AT ANY TIME. **
** PLEASE CONTACT OUR PROPERTY MANAGER FOR DETAILS ON OTHER OPTIONS. **
9. LAUNDRY AND DETERGENT: The washer requires High Efficiency (HE) detergent. The (HE) logo/symbol is always placed on the front of the box or bottle of detergent. If you see the logo on the side or back, but not on the front, it is not (HE) detergent. Samples are provided in the unit. If non-HE detergent is used in the washing machine, soap-suds and water will flood and damage the flooring. Please be mindful: ** Use ONLY (HE) detergent! **
10. CLEANING FEE/TRASH DISPOSAL: It’s pretty simple, but to avoid any deductions from Guest’s security deposit for extra cleaning, it is the responsibility of Guests to remove all garbage from The Property—including from the bathrooms, and from the back- and side-yards, as well as all party items, perishables, personal items, etc. upon Check-Out/Departure. Garbage bags are provided under the kitchen sink, or nearby.
It is also the Guests’ responsibility to clear and return any dishware, cookware or other items brought from inside the home to any outdoor space. Failure to adhere to these terms may result in deductions or forfeiture of the security deposit.
Because we are not a hotel (we do not provide maid or housekeeping services), the Cleaning Fee is for the cleaners to restore the Unit to the condition it was in when you, our Guests, arrived. The Fee is not applied to the removal of brought-in items left behind at Departure. Additional fees will apply.
**IF YOU BRING IT IN, YOU MUST TAKE IT OUT WHEN YOU DEPART.**
Failure to adhere to these terms may result in deductions from, or forfeiture of, the security deposit, and may incur other fees directly charged to Guest.
Garbage receptacles are located at the front of The Property, or thereabouts: large black bins for general rubbish, and bins marked for Recyclables, which includes plastic, metal, and non-soiled paper. Glass is NOT recycled in NOLA, so all glass goes into regular garbage.
The receptacles you may use are labeled with the street number of The Property on them. Please, do not use any neighboring receptacles on the street, and do not move the receptacles from their locations.
The trash collection schedule is stated in Guest’s Booking Confirmation, as well as in the Guest Manual located within the unit. Unless otherwise stated in Booking Confirmation, Guest is responsible for moving garbage bins to curbside on pick-up days. If you need additional trash bags during your stay, please let us know.
11. NOISE: We encourage Guests to enjoy our outdoor areas, but remember that while you are on vacation, the neighbors are not. We are not a “party house.” Our neighbors will NOT tolerate lots of noise or obnoxious or illegal behavior, nor do we. New Orleans is a very tolerant city, but is not a mini “Las Vegas.”
Please be considerate to those living around you: keep outdoor conversations at low noise-levels after 9:00 pm., or move indoors. If Management is required to travel to The Property to address noise complaints, an additional trip-fee will be charged against your security deposit, or billed to you directly, and may result in immediate eviction from The Property.
12. FOOTWEAR: All Guests agree to remove all shoes at the foyer/entrance of The Property or Unit(s) at all times. Socks and soft-soled slippers are fine on the historical wood flooring. (Select Properties: Please avoid wearing shoes on any carpet(s) upstairs.)
13. SECURITY AND INTERNET: All Guests agree to refrain from altering, tampering with, or disabling any aspect of The Property’s Security System, including but not limited to outdoor lighting, door sensors, window sensors, motion sensors, security cameras or alarms, as well as any aspect of The Property’s Internet System, including hubs, routers, cables, power cords, etc.
Tampering with The Property's security or internet systems will result in immediate eviction and automatic forfeiture of security deposit. The Home Automation system notifies us immediately of any breach. Any issues regarding Internet, Cable, or Satellite TV should be made to Management immediately.
14. PETS: As much as we love the furries and their friends, Pets (furry or not) are NOT allowed on nor in The Property at ANY time, for any reason, ever. Any violation of this House Rule will result in the immediate forfeiture of any Security/Damage Deposit on hold, and may result in immediate eviction from the Property, as well as additional charges for the remediation of the property to the state prior to Guests’ arrival; if no Deposit is held while in violation of this House Rule, any costs incurred by Homeowner/Management shall be charged directly to Contracted Guest for the cleaning, treatment of fleas, and any other remediation issues related to any pet(s) on The Property during Guests’ stay.
Please, have visiting friends with pets secure their animal(s) at curbside. Future Guests with allergies will thank you, and so will your pocket-book.
15. PARKING: There is ample street parking -- be careful not to block driveways or fire hydrants. Towing is common when parked in illegal zones. Car rental is not suggested during Mardi Gras season due to street closures and limited parking availability.
(Select properties: There is a dedicated parking spot for guest-use located at the rear gate to The Property. Please Inquire.)
16. FIRE: Due to the limited amount of outdoor space on The Property, and to the close proximity of other homes and buildings, ANY USE OF FIRE outdoors (including bonfires, fire pits, BBQ grills, torches, fireworks, candles, etc.) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. NO OPEN FLAME. The Property is equipped with fire extinguishers for emergency purposes.
17. INJURY, LOSS, ACCIDENTS: All Guests assume and agree that Management is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illnesses, or thefts that may occur while Guests are in possession of The Property, The Premises or any of its facilities. The Management is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings, valuables, or other material items of the Guests, at any time, for any reason. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming risk of any and all harm arising from their use of The Property, The Premises or its facilities, as well as for others whom they invite onto The Property. Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless Management from all liability, loss, or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered while in possession of The Property, whether from carelessness, neglect, improper conduct, or any other violation of this Contract and/or applicable local laws.
Management accepts no liability for the failure of public services such as water, electricity, Internet, or breakdown of the HVAC system, when those services are beyond our control.
Management accepts no liability for Guests’ personal safety, nor for the safety of those whom any Guest invites onto the property. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times, in- and outside The Property. Guests are reminded to exercise care as to their personal safety—and the safety of their party and companions—at all times while in possession of The Property. Guests agree that while in possession of The Property, all valuables should be left secure and out of sight; all windows and doors should be secured and locked while away from The Property, at all times.
Guests shall be solely responsible for any thefts, acts of vandalism, or other damage or loss of personal property which may occur during the course of this Contract, whether said damage or loss be the property of Guest(s) or any other person invited in by Guest(s), or of Management.
18. CANCELLATION POLICY: We have a NO CANCELLATION Policy. Contracting Guest acknowledges and agrees that all monies paid will NOT be returned if the reservation is cancelled for ANY reason. No refunds will be given for storms or other natural disasters, whether locally or elsewhere. Management accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or alteration to the terms of Contracting Guest’s reservation caused by events beyond our control, including, but not restricted to, war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations, airport closures, loss of luggage, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, or industrial dispute.
This host has 174 reviews for other properties.View other reviews