This 450 year old Moroccan townhouse has been meticulously restored to a high standard. Mixing traditional and contemporary finishes, it has two ensuite bedrooms, a courtyard kitchen and dining room (well stocked with basic ingredients such as oil and vinegar as well as plenty of Moroccan spices), cozy lounge (with honesty bar), TV room (which can be reconfigured to form a twin room), rooftop breakfast room and terrace with breathtaking views of the Fez medina.
Built around a central courtyard the house offers guests:
- a large, open plan kitchen with 5 gas burner, range stove, electric oven and dramatic two-storey dining room
- breakfast (seasonal fruit salads, yogurt, local goats cheese, olives and golden olive oil, fresh baked breads and pastries, eggs, tea and coffee) is freshly prepared by our housekeeper, Rachida every morning
- daily housekeeping
- two elegant ensuite bedrooms filled with hand woven Moroccan textiles, crisp white bed linens and traditional Moroccan toiletries. Towels and hammam towels are provided
- a lounge bar where you'll find playing cards, magazines and plenty of books to browse, as well as an honesty bar offering fixings for classic cocktails and Moroccan wines (please leave money in envelope provided)
- TV room (memory sticks are pre-loaded with a wide range of films suitable for children and adults). This room can also serve as a twin room if required.
- reading balcony perfect for afternoon tea, or a G&T
- breakfast room and rooftop terrace with dining and lounge areas
A true home from home this is a place to relax and recharge with all the Fez medina has to offer on your doorstep.
A gated, private derb (narrow lane typical to the medina) makes this house particularly secure. One of the bedrooms is on the ground floor to make life easier for anyone who struggles with stairs.
Interaction with guests
A dossier is provided filled with my personal recommendations on places to eat, drink and hang out in Fès. Rachida comes in every morning at 9am (for 3 hours) to spruce the place up, make breakfast (included in the price) and tend to the needs of Tiger the cat.
Other things to note
The WiFi works best on the ground floor. It does not work on the roof terrace.
Bluetooth speakers are positioned in the centre of the house for playing your own music. Search BeatsPillXL to play from your own device.
Please be vigilant when using the roof terrace. Be sure to lock up when you leave and don't leave any valuables up there unattended.
Please note: for check-ins after 8pm a surcharge of 200 dirhams will apply.
No smoking please
I'm a food writer, cookery teacher and restauranteur based between Barcelona and Fès. I believe houses should be lived in and like the idea of sharing mine with other like-minded souls from around the world.