The Heartland home is a lovely place to stay in the Los Angeles area with a country feel. This home is close to the freeways and a beautiful drive to the Malibu beach. Close by is hiking along with all the food and shopping you'd need.
The heartland home has a warm, comfortable, country feel, that brings a essence of home to Los Angeles. Walk three short blocks to antique stores, clothing stores, delicious coffee and bakery from Edie's European Bakery, enjoy organic vegetarian meal at the legendary Follow Your Heart Restaurant and Market, or Henri's restaurant and Music venue. Drop a postcard in our small historic Post Office. Gather up your beach towels and drive 20 minutes up beautiful Topanga State Park to"Top of Topanga" for incredible views of Los Angeles, and then down to Topanga Beach at Pacific Coast Highway. 10 minutes north you'll discover Malibu's beach community where celebrities shop at Ralphs! and some of the most beautiful beaches, or head south to downtown Santa Monica the Pier. A couple of minutes further is the famous Venice beach community.
When your back home enjoy barbecuing, watching movies on Netflix, playing Wii Games, and have a chat with our friendly four pound goldfish.
Also 35 minute drive to Universal Studios, Magic Mountain and so much more. If you have a specific destination just send me an email and I'm happy to help.
Interaction with guests
Katy the reservations manager loves to interact with guest.
Other things to note
We have an air mattress available for your comfort.
By booking this home I’m agreeing the the contract and rules of this home.
Tenant will be informed of directions and entry information after payment is complete. There is a $25 charge for keys not returned. CHECK IN TIME 4 p.m. CHECK OUT TIME 11a.m. The terms of this agreement may be extended or assigned to others only with advance written permission of the owner. Owner has the right to change or cancel this reservation should property become unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances. Security/booking deposit will be refunded(unless booked through Airbnb) by mail or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) within 15 days after departure less any amount to cover any loss or damages beyond normal wear and tear. If additional guests are determined to have stayed at our home without our prior written consent there will be a $25.00 per person fee assessed. I, the undersigned, understand and agree that, regarding the continuing functionality any and all equipment and appliances, repairs and acquisition of parts may occasionally be necessary and therefore there may be downtimes, no refunds or reductions in rent shall be given. I, the undersigned, agree to read and follow the entry and home instructions. In consideration of being afforded the opportunity to use, in conjunction with my vacation rental, any and all home, and equipment, including but not limited to, bbq’s, decks, chairs, games,etc. tenants by signing below,
indemnify and holds harmless from any claim of injury, death, or damage, on behalf of self, fellow tenants, heirs, and assigns: Owner. and any heirs and assigns, and any and all agencies used to promote, book, service, or secure the rental property. It is understood that, by signing below, I have been forewarned that said use can potentially be dangerous or even deadly, and am aware and agree that I waive the right, on behalf of self, spouse and children, if any, heirs and assigns, to make any claims whatsoever in conjunction with said use.
Thank you for choosing our home, Archwood Manor, for your vacation lodging. We hope you have a pleasant stay. Following are the vacation home rental rules.
1. No Pets – Pets are NOT permitted in rental units or on the property under any conditions unless agreed upon in advance with an additional deposit.
2. No illegal drugs or substances are permitted on the property. No SMOKING inside under any circumstances. Your $500 security deposit will be forfeited.
3. Laws - All guests are required to obey all local, state and federal laws and regulations. If any law enforcement agency or Owner or Manager is notified because of a guest in violation of the law then a violation of the terms has been committed and a forfeit of the $500 security deposit will be assessed. If any fines or penalties are assessed to the property or individuals occupying the property during their stay the primary guest making the reservation and signing this contract is fully responsible for those fees, along with compensation to Owner, equal to the amount of the assessed fee.
4. Age Requirement - We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 21 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/ reservation deposit of $500 is required. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met. A. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. B. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. C. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and turned on. One load of laundry is started. D. All keys/garage openers are left on the kitchen table and unit is left locked. E. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. F. No linens are lost or damaged. G. NO Early check-in or late checkout. H.The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed.
5. PAYMENT -The BALANCE OF RENT is due at time of booking.
6. CANCELLATIONS - Super strict.
7. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per home is limited to (5) persons. An additional charge or $20.00 per person per night for guests in addition to (5) will be assessed.We suggest any misrepresentations about the nature or size of the group or use of the property or any other misrepresentations, or are in any other way in breach of the rental agreement.
10. Minimum Stay – Certain dates of the year may require minimum stays 2 days or 1 week. If a renter would like to rent for shorter periods during these times a full minimum stay rate may be applied.
11. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
12. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
By Renting this home, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement. Any violation of the terms and conditions is an immediate forfeit of the entire $500 security deposit and subject to further damages. Any violations are also subject to an immediate vacating of the premise upon landlord's request.
This host has 85 reviews for other properties.View other reviews