About this listing
Going skiing, to a show, convention, brewery, or just passing through? Here's your home away from home. Easy Walk/Uber to all venues, zoo, park and downtown. Red rocks is only 20 minutes away by car, quick trip to ski spots. Private room (shared bath) in the middle of Denver. Next to a market + coffee shop that has free internet. Enjoy the room, kitchen, living room (with awesome booth) and a TV room with lots of DVD's. I want 5 stars reviews so please CAREFULLY read details before booking.
GREAT LOCATION - Private medium sized room with new Twin-over-full bunk bed (extra cot available). Space to stow your bags and gear. New carpet, windows and blinds in room.
***WIFI available from café across the street. Your device should be able to pick up the signal in the dining room at the booth but probably not the bedroom. In any case, the café is a great place to catch up on your internet things!
***Please stay elsewhere if you are not able to give a 5 star rating because of a marijuana smell. The only 4 star ratings I ever get are people saying it smelled like pot and frankly, sometimes it does! It's Colorado, don't be lame.
****As of 12/31/16 Denver has instituted a licensing system for all AirBnb properties. When looking at AirBnb's make sure the license number is clearly posted or they aren't operating legally and your reservation could be terminated without notice! My license number is noted below and license displayed on premises.
This also means host like myself now pay Taxes. Airbnb collects one of the taxes but we are on the hook for about 10% of taxes so please keep that in mind!
** In the months of June, July and August, the room gets warm from about 8PM-12AM but cools dramatically in the Colorado night making for a pleasant morning. Ceiling fan and room fan provided. Also, just open the window after dark and the room cools right off.
Guests have access to all house and neighborhood amenities.
Interaction with guests
I live here so I will be in and out of the house often. I am more than happy to help when possible with suggestions for outings and travel options. I am also happy to leave guests alone to do as they please.
If I am free, I can probably give you a ride to in-town locations as well.
Also, have a profile as complete as possible if you really want me to consider letting you stay, I usually decline for incomplete profiles for security reasons. If this is your first time AirBnB-ing, I usually request some reference like an employer or school reference. I won't contact them, its just a small measure of security I like to stick with.
1) Many Microbrews's right in the area including: Our Mutual Friend Brewery, Black Shirt Brewery, Spangalang, Great Divide Brewery, Wynkoop, Zephyr and Breckenridge. You can walk (15-20 min) or ride a bike if you like OR parking is usually easy so you can drive (5 min) OR if you are worried about drinking too much, a cab is about $4-$5 so no need to drive or park. Just leave a trail of hops. Oh and I forgot FOOD TRUCKS galore!!!
2) Denver Zoo & Science Museum straight down the street. Coor's Field 20 min walk. Watch a game in the Rock Pile section for $4-$5 bucks.
3) 17th Street with Steuben's a food channel favorite. (25 min walk) Over 75 restaurants and coffee shops all within a 20 minute walk
4) Vegan Central with Denver's newest Vegan Bakery just a 2 min. stroll. City O City breakfast or Watercourse all 15 minutes walking OR a short bike ride
5) Restaurants and shopping on the 16th street mall is about a (20 minute walk) with a free mall bus that runs until 1am. Live music, coffee shops and cocktail spots
6) Wednesday nights Denver Cruisers rides and they are FREE!!!
7) No curfew
8) I provide fresh clean towels.
No worries about parking out front on our quiet downtown street. Just blocks away from Capital Hill, Rino, Lodo and Colfax all just a 15 minute walk. Just blocks away from the Zoo , Museum, and City Park, In September the Tour De Fat is a main event and we are very close to the fun. On Wednesday during the warm months enjoy a free event with the Denver Cruisers it's like burning man on wheels. B-Cycle bikes can be rented and I encourage ditching your car.
Rental bike 5 blocks away.
Other things to note
Denver short term rental license number:
No Smoking anything in the room. No cigarette smoking anywhere inside.
WIFI is from the café across the street.
Network: "Whittier Public"
This is a great place and I want you to feel at home! Just a few rules,
-I get home at 5:30 weekdays and need time to change sheets, clean and vaccum in between guests so arrival no earlier than 6PM on weekdays and 4PM on weekends unless otherwise agreed upon. Check out by noon unless otherwise agreed upon.
-I may or may not be on site when you check in but will provide an access code.
-No eating in room.
-This is a really nice spot for travelers to stay! It is however a value-minded Air-BnB so please keep in mind when leaving a review!
My name is Alex and I work a 8-5er at a tech company near Boulder. I am often at a show or happy hour in the evenings and in the mountains or riding my snowboard/bike on the weekends.
With that in mind, I get home pretty late and leave early so I may or may not see you.
Either way, there is a coded lock box and I encourage folks to make themselves at home!