About this listing
Our 3 storey home offers your own studio apartment on your own floor with private entrance. The open plan area contains a large bedroom with queen sized bed, laundry & bathroom, safe, walk in wardrobe, sofa bed, cable TV & well stocked kitchenette with Nespresso coffee machine. It looks out onto the city & situated only 5 minutes walk from the CBD, Te Papa, Embassy Theatre and the great bars and restaurants located at the end of our street and in the Courtenay Place entertainment area.
The studio offers private access to an open plan bedroom with queen sized bed, living room with sofa bed, kitchenette and dining table. The area is 40sqm which compares to a hotel studio in Wellington being 27sqm.
The bathroom is fully tiled and contains a heated towel rail, new towels, shower and toilet. It also contains a laundry area with washing machine and clothes dryer.
The lounge area has flat screen TV with Sky (cable TV) with a sofa bed (king single sized) whilst the kitchenette is fully stocked with crockery,utensils, pots/pans and has a refrigerator, Nespresso, microwave with toaster & jug.
Upon arrival we have a welcome pack for you that gives you information about Wellington and how to get around town from our home.
We provide information on items such as the wi-fi, how to use the safe, the Nespresso coffee machine, washing machine & clothes dryer.
We offer a variety of food for you to make your own breakfast when it is convenient for you and there is a dining table to sit at.
Upstairs in our own kitchen we have a commercial coffee machine should you want a long black, latte or flat white.
Amongst the food we provide for breakfast are:
- Free-range eggs
- Muesli/granola and cereals such as oats, special k, weetbix, coco pops.
- 'Up & Go' breakfast drink
- 'Milo' / 'Belvita' breakfast bars
- Orange juice
- NZ butter
- Marmite, Vegemite, peanut butter, jams & marmalades
- Nespresso coffee machine with pods
- Queen sized bed with bedside tables & lights
- Good quality sheets and bedding
- Electric blanket and memory foam mattress topper
- Sony Clock/Radio with USB charger
- Power points by the bedside tables each have 2 USB charger points
- Large walk in wardrobe with hangers
- Luggage rack for your suitcase to sit on
- Shower, sink, toilet
- A supply of new large towels and facecloths
- Shampoo, conditioner and soap
- Heated towel rail
- Hair-dryer so you do not need to pack yours
LIVING AREA/ KITCHENETTE
- New sofa complete with blankets and cushions for your comfort
- Sofa bed pulls out to a King Single sized bed - we have linen for this
- Flat-screen TV (Sky/cable TV) & wi-fi (password provided on arrival) and USB charging points
- New heat pump to warm the area in winter, or be an air conditioner in summer
- New refrigerator for any food you may have with you
- Microwave & stove-top oven
- Nespresso coffee machine & coffee pods
- Toaster & kettle/jug provided
- Crockery, utensils provided so you can cook a meal or prepare a snack if you wish
- We aim to provide everything that you may require for a self catering stay, however you are also welcome to use the main kitchen upstairs should you wish.
- Washing machine, clothes dryer for your own private use
- Indoor clothes rack or outdoor clothes line
- Iron & ironing board
- Safe so that you can store your important travel documents such as passports and cash. You set your passcode so that only you can access it during your stay with us.
- Fantastic location for exploring the city. Courtenay Place, Lambton Quay & Cuba Street are a few blocks away, plenty of trendy stores, bars restaurants, pubs etc.
- There is a transport hub (buses) on Courtenay Place which we are 5 minutes walk from.
Guests can enter via our home main entrance, or through the doors that leads directly into their lounge/kitchenette area to the studio.
We have a combination lock so you do not need to use house keys - we text you the access code prior to your stay with us.
The upper storey are our bedrooms and bathroom.
The middle storey is the main house entrance, living room, dining room and kitchen which you are welcome to use. There is a bathroom here too and a small deck looking out to the city.
The lower storey is the studio. This is your personal space with the bedroom, living area and kitchenette, walk in wardrobe, bathroom and laundry. The studio steps out onto a deck, lawn and small garden that looks out towards the city.
Interaction with guests
We value our guests and their privacy and can offer as much or little interaction as they would like.
We are happy for you to chill out and relax in your studio, or you can join us upstairs in our living room, dining room or kitchen.
Because this is our home you will see us come and go about the house. We have our 2 sons aged 11 and 13 with us - but they are well behaved! You probably won't see much of them as their bedrooms are on the top floor and they are busy with school, homework, after school sports and their mates.
We are LGBT friendly :-)
Mt Vic is located 5 minutes walk from the CBD or from Oriental Parade which is lovely to walk around and offers great views of the city. Mt Vic itself is great to walk or run around as it offers off road trails or walk ways and you can easily walk (about 25 minutes) or catch a bus to the summit, which gives great views of the city including down towards the south island.
We are close to the city centre and within 5-7 minutes you can be in bars, pubs, restaurants or at the cinema, Te Papa (national museum) or the shops. If you are heading to the stadium it's a 3km walk around the waterfront although many buses will take you there.
Mount Victoria is a prominent feature of the Wellington landscape providing a natural backdrop and skyline to the east of the central city.
The summit offers spectacular panoramic 360-degree views of Wellington city, the harbour and the hills to the west of the city.
Getting around is very easy and you do not need a car. You do not need a rental car when you stay here.
There is no off-street parking at our home but there is plenty of on street parking in the streets around our home. You should not park in residential parking (marked by yellow lines). You can park in coupon parking (marked with white lines). During the working week, you must pay for this type of parking if you plan to stay longer than two hours during working hours. Coupons can be purchased from the store on the corner of Roxburgh and Hawker Streets. Coupons cost $7.50. Parking can be harder to find later in the day.
Taxis are plentiful if you want one, and we suggest you have the Uber app on your smartphone as an alternative.
Our house is 1 minute from the local bus route and a 5 minute walk will take you to Courtenay Place which is where many buses travel through, including the 'Airport Flyer' which goes to/from Wellington Airport. We have bus timetables for you to take with you should you need.
Other things to note
People may be aware the South Island recently had an earthquake (14/11/16). Our home is fine and Wellington is open for business. Please do not let the recent quake deter your plans of visiting Wellington our our lovely country!
- Respect our home as you would want us to respect yours
- No smoking or drugs at all on the property
- Be nice to the cat (Katie)
- No overnight visitors
- No open/naked flames/candles to be used in anywhere in our home
- Must be airbnb - ID verified
** Please note we do take our home security seriously. If a guest loses their set of keys we shall request they pay for this set to be replaced. This will comprise of a set of house alarm remotes and keys for 3 doors to be replaced **
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
We enjoy travelling and have lived in London & Colorado (USA), plus travelled throughout Europe, Australia, the Pacific Islands, North, Central and South America.
We work as a lawyer and investigator in the CBD, however we have recently purchased an 1890 house in Mt Victoria, Wellington with our 2 sons aged 10 & 13, and have decided to embrace the AirBNB experience and open up our home to travellers.
We have both lived in various parts of New Zealand with Ian's work as a lawyer and Ginni previously working as a winemaker/viticulturist so we can pass onto you our experiences. We look forward to hosting you!