EXCLUSIVE: Only property in the area offering a Hot Tub! Look forward to relaxing at this stunning property & enjoying the majestic Sierra.
This home allows you to enjoy the amazing surroundings. You will absolutely fall in love with this property, many guests often see deer when outside around during early morning hours or at dusk.
Please note: holidays require a 3-5 night stay (contact us for special, last-minute requests, always happy to consider them. Holidays will be at a higher rate)
EXCLUSIVE: Only property in the area to offer a HOT TUB!
There are places where forest and water meet in such close proximity that one would swear that nature herself was a travel agent. We truly are a four season getaway destination!
A truly stunning home with FOUR large bedrooms, TWO full bathrooms including large sunken tubs and separate shower.
VERY PRIVATE (homes in this area are not back-to-back, as they are in other areas)
NEW FOR 2016: Home security system, NEW "smart" HDTV and Apple TV!
HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS: Please note that we require a 3-5 night minimum stay for holidays.
Gorgeous and impeccably maintained Sierra Mountain Home! Just minutes REMINDER: Check other listings very carefully, we have A/C, dishwasher, NEW pots/pans, luxury linens, shampoo/conditioner, washer & dryer, FREE WiFi, FREE linens/coffee/tea/spices/etc., not all rentals in Sonora, Twain Harte, Mi-Wuk Village, Pinecrest areas offer these amenities.
Yes, there are many other cabins available for a bargain price, but you will understand the value once you view the images and read what our previous guests have shared about The Sierra Mountain House and their experiences -- you're sure to create your own wonderful memories at this calming, beautiful, and gorgeous destination.
Sleeps 8 very comfortably - 10 when using the Game Room (see images below) -- all rooms are very private with one bed per room (with the exception of the twin beds in one room)
EXCLUSIVE: First and only hot tub advertised in the area!
• FOUR very private bedrooms --
• 1 master bedroom with Cal-King bed
• 1 room with Queen solid wood sleigh bed (with separate outdoor balcony, including new bistro set)
• 1 room with log-style Queen bed (with separate outdoor balcony, including new bistro set)
• 1 room with two Twin beds
• 2 full bathrooms, including showers and separate sunken bathtubs (simply beautiful)
• 1 Luxurious Hot Tub under the evergreen trees
• Fully-equipped kitchen with four-burner range and double full-size ovens, microwave, coffee maker, Belgian waffle maker, wok, crock pot, Samsung side-by-side refrigerator and freezer, dishes (even for children), cookware, stemware, Henckels knives, flatware, new counter-top convection oven, and a multitude of pantry items -- trust that all you need is here for you to create amazing meals -- a previous guest shared it's a "chef's dream kitchen."
• Incredibly CLEAN & organized cabin
• Spa-like linens - FREE of charge
• Wood-burning cast-iron stove in living room (long-burning almond wood provided)
• All bedrooms include a foldable laundry hamper and brand-new ceiling fans
• Every room has an amazing view of the lush redwood, cedar, and pine trees that envelope the entire property (including the bathrooms!)
• Very large selection of board games and books (for all ages)
• Two flat-screen HDTVs, Blu-Ray, DVR and Comcast cable (one of the TVs is in the GAME ROOM)
• 150+ Blu-Ray/DVD collection for your viewing enjoyment
• Very tastefully decorated with a mix of antiques from Ellicott City, MD and new decor (Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel)
• Enormous deck, ample seating for 12+ including a commissioned, handmade, redwood picnic table and an adorable smaller version for children. Use the stainless steel, propane grill to create wonderful meals among the gorgeousness of evergreen trees surrounding the property. The deck is beautifully illuminated for evening dining.
Additional information about the home/cabin: All interior walls are tongue and groove pine (not faux wood paneling). Tall beam & purlin ceilings. All cabinets were custom-made locally with knotty pine wood. Porcelain tile in the kitchen as well as in bathrooms.
***Dogs are okay with prior approval*** Please don't hide your beloved dog from us, we wouldn't hide a pet if we were staying in your home :) PET FEE/per pet: $20/per night
The Sierras are known for the multitude of outdoor activities. There are acres of untamed wilderness in this part of California and plenty of ways to enjoy it. The Sierra Nevada hills are stunningly beautiful and we never tire of exploring the area!
When you visit, don't forget there are many memorable events in the area for you to enjoy -- anything from a frog jumping contest, local outdoor art and wine festivals, outdoor concerts and movies under the stars Twain Harte & Pinecrest Lake). You will want to visit local, state and National Parks since they are all within a picturesque drive from The Sierra Mountain House. Checkout the Guidebook on the upper right corner for some sightseeing opportunities.
There are numerous rugged and scenic places to enjoy backpacking, picnics, horseback riding, kayaking nature walks on trails, mountain biking, fishing and some extreme whitewater rafting.
Have a relaxing day at one of the dozen lakes, in a fishing boat, kayak, or cut through the water on water skis! OR, just get the much-needed rest & relaxation you so deserve and enjoy the tranquility and quiet of the surroundings The Sierra Mountain House has to offer you.
The Sierras have an unbeatable combination of breathtaking scenery, thrilling activities, and relaxing hideaways to explore.
• The Stanislaus National Forest (blocks away)
• Twain Harte
• Yosemite (a scenic 70-mile drive)
• Black Oak Casino
• Ironstone Winery
• Dodgeridge Ski Resort
• FREE access to Pinecrest Lake for all...and so much more!
About PINECREST LAKE: Enjoy fishing, many kinds of boating, a sandy beach with swimming, plenty of seating to enjoy a picnic (we have two coolers you can borrow). It has a tiny, quaint town with a general store, post office, sports/fishing tackle shop, espresso bar, a restaurant/bar, bicycle rentals, and an art gallery.
You will be surrounded by the beauty of the evergreen forests with a variety of beautiful cedar, redwood and pine trees as you enjoy your stay at The Sierra Mountain House. Photography opportunities await you as you will have a chance to observe local wildlife such as deer, squirrels, and a wide variety of birds.
$135 (standard rate) cleaning fee - the cabin is professionally cleaned with environmentally-safe products. Most cabin owners charge you for this, when it's simply the homeowners cleaning their own cabins. We are more than happy to provide our cleaning services' name and number. We love her professionalism!
*NOW FREE! Linen service is gladly provided for FREE (entire duration of your stay) or you're more than welcome to bring your own, it's just up to you so just let us know.
*HOT TUB FEE: $50
(We will provide the combination/key once you've expressed your interest/paid for enjoying your hot tub soak under the evergreen trees and stars).
*NEW Game Room: $25/per night
*PET FEE: $75.00/per pet
$250 deposit (refundable upon post-rental inspection)
This is truly an amazing cabin, you will love it as much as our previous guests have shared.
We love hosting and are super-great hosts! And, we take every additional step to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.
We are looking forward to hosting you!
The Sierra Mountain House
As a guest, you will be provided access information 24-hours prior to your arrival.
We change the codes after each guests' departure.
Interaction with guests
Unfortunately, we don't have in-person interaction with guests.
Other things to note
NEWLY remodeled first floor bathroom/facilities.
Welcome to The Sierra Mountain House!
We are so happy that you have selected The Sierra Mountain House as your vacation destination!
We're glad you arrived safely. Please use this document as a checklist upon your arrival.
We completely trust all our guests, however, we've had a few guests that spoiled things for future guests and why we now require you to read this entire document in full.
NO SMOKING INDOORS (you will be charged an additional $500 dollars and lose your deposit).
We know you must be ready to relax and start your vacation, and we want you to make yourself at home right away. We just ask all guests to go through the cabin and report any dissatisfaction within the first 4-hours:
You can reach us at: (phone number hidden)
- Please feel free to use as much of the firewood provided to keep the electrical energy consumption down.
- When arriving, please turn water heater to “B". The water heater is located on the right near the door in which you entered.
- If you turn on the ceiling fans in the living room, they will greatly increase the heat upstairs.
- Dishwasher: The soap holder seems to have broken recently, so we ask that you add the soap to the bottom of the dishwasher prior to running it. Two tablespoons of the dishwasher detergent is plenty per cycle. OR one of the tablets you will find next to the diswasher.
- Please do not place any items in the toilets, other than toilet tissue. Discard feminine hygiene products in the trash receptacles (we use a septic tank system, which is very sensitive). If, after your stay, there is a problem with the system, you will incur the charges for any/all repairs.
- Small amounts of food scraps may be placed in the kitchen sink garbage disposal (please no egg shells, potato peels, flour, corn starch or yeast). The garbage disposal switch is near the front sink on the right, marked “disposal."
- Please DO NOT start any fires outside on the property. The Fire Service is very strict and we all want to protect our National Forests. If you violate this request, you will be responsible for the fine, your deposit will forfeited, and you will be financially responsible for any damage to and around the property. Apologies to sound this scary, but we surveyed the Rim Fire. :)
- Please recycle items such as glass, cans, plastic bottles, etc. They can be placed in the receptacle next to the refrigerator. Everything else can be placed in trash receptacle, which you need to take to the street-level bins upon your departure.
- If you have an **authorized** dog on the property, please do not allow them to poop on the deck or inside the cabin. Please pick up any waste (poop) from the back yard/front yard and dispose of it as you would when you're at your own home or at your local park. (Please don't save it for us! :-) ) IF you bring an unauthorized pet, you automatically forfeit your entire deposit, will incur an additional $150 cleaning fee, and are financially responsible for any and all damages caused by your pet. Unfortunately, we really do have to be this strict now. It's gotten so bad that we're strongly considering a no-pet policy. Please take care of your pets, so they can enjoy your family vacation. :)
- Unfortunately, many items have been removed from the property by previous guests (I know, who would imagine it?), so we've had to take images and now have a complete inventory of every-single-item in the cabin. If anything is missing, you will forfeit your entire deposit and incur replacement cost(s) of the missing item(s).
Should you have any questions before/during/after your stay. We're just a (text) or phone call away and look forward to hearing from you!
- DO NOT turn off the Hot Tub -- PLEASE read all instructions for operating the hot tub. If you turn it off and the next guest is unable to use it, you will be charged for not reading the instructions.
- Prior to leaving the cabin in the winter, if you've had to turn on the heater, we request that you turn the thermostat to 45F. During summer months, if you had to use the A/C, please turn it off prior to your departure(URL HIDDEN)There is no need to make the beds on the day of your departure, this way the cleaning service knows which ones need to be changed -- please place all sheets/towels in the laundry room.
- PLS DO NOT lower the hot tub temp! Unfortunately, if you do, you will be charged an additional $250 fee.
- Turn off all lights, ceiling fans, oven, heater, a/c, red heater in game room, and unplug all kitchen appliances (not the refrigerator or cable tv).
- Lock all doors, close all windows and lock them. Also, please pull all window shades down.
- Please place ALL trash and recycling in the bins at the bottom of the driveway. If there's not enough room in the receptacles, please take any additional trash with you.
Note: One recent guest left us several, large, empty, boxes after their stay. As much as we enjoy being very accommodating, we will need to pass the disposal fee on to you for disposing of additional trash.
- Please lower the hot water heater setting to "C".
- As a courtesy to the next guests, please return all items to all the rooms where you found them upon check-in. For example, all pillows should be where they were when you arrived, so should toys, blankets, lamps, decorations, etc.
- Check-out time is at 11:00 on the day of your departure. However, we try to be as flexible as possible, so if you need a later check-out time just let us know and we will try to accommodate you. I don't like leaving at 11am either. :)
Our goal is to ensure you have a relaxing, fun-filled, amazing vacation and getaway! We're always available at any time (we mean it) and our ultimate goal is to ensure you have an amazing stay at The Sierra Mountain House.
If you booked through airbnb.com, please remember to leave us positive feedback and we will definitely do the same for you! :-)
We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and will visit us again in the near future.
Marilyn & Eric
The Sierra Mountain House
We have been on Airbnb since the summer of 2012 and love hosting guests!
We really enjoy creating a relaxing getaway for you and take the utmost care to ensure your stay is a happy and comfortable one -- you will find all that you need at The Sierra Mountain House.
And, we're looking forward to your stay!