About this listing
Our property is located in Tai O on Lantau Island, Hong Kong's largest and most unspoiled outlying island. Lantau is an off-track destination for those who look to escape to an alternative Hong Kong. Tai O itself is a charming, traditional fishing village. We offer a comfortable home away from home so that guests can have time to explore and appreciate the crude beauty which is not possible to be found in downtown Hong Kong.
Tai O villagers still lead a simple life. Unlike the urban fellow citizens, folks here are used to getting up very early and enjoy morning tea in the convivial atmosphere of local teahouses or “cha chaan teng”. Local restaurants serve the last call around 8 pm and are usually closed by 9 pm. Late night dining is only possible in a handful of small eateries. There are no chain supermarkets, convenient stores and fast food joints. Visitors will truly enjoy tranquility here though some conveniences have to be compromised. No vehicles are allowed beyond the parking area/ bus terminus/ taxi stand. Visitors have to come on foot. We are only 5 minutes’ walk from there. If you have bulky luggage, please let the host know beforehand.
The spacious room is devised essentially for couples. It is located on the top floor, with a balcony facing Tai Chung, the main waterway of Tai O.
Warm and cool air-conditioning, one double bed sized 158cmx190cm, one chaise longue, 32” LCD television set, DVD player,
Ensuite bathroom, Japanese onsan-styled tub, pressure showerhead, hairdryer and bathroom amenities
Room size: 350 sq.ft. approximately
Balcony size: 64 sq.ft.
1. Check-in at 3 pm, check-out at 11 am. If guests wish to check in after 5 pm and / or check out before 8 am, please inform us when you confirm the room reservation.
• Late check-out at 1 pm is possible subjecting to room availability, priced HK$100 per hour
• Guests will be charged for unauthorized late check-out: HK$200 per hour, a full day's rent when exceeding 2 hours
2. Cash pledge: HK$500 to be paid at check-in. The sum shall be returned in full at check-out if guests have not caused damage or excessive dirt is found in room.
3. Extra charge shall be required on site if number of guests exceeds information given to the Management
4. No smoking indoors. An extra HK$200 will be charged for presence of tobacco odours at check-out. It is strictly forbidden to light candles/ open fires inside the rooms. Guests will be asked to leave without any refund if found violating this rule.
5. Service fee will be charged for outside food and drinks in the manner of:
• Supply of cutleries and tableware at HK50 per service;
• Corkage at HK100 per bottle;
• Cake cutting at HK$80 per cake
6. Lost key: HK$300 per key will be charged if guests fail to return the room key(s)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 46 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, I am Veronica, your host at Espace Elastique, and I am ready to greet you in Cantonese, Putonghua, English, français, suomi y un poquito español.
Espace Elastique (pronounced ɛspas elastic) consists of a B&B, boutique hotel style accommodation and a cafè in Tai O on Lantau Island, Hong Kong's largest and most unspoiled outlying island. Lantau is an off-track destination for those who look to escape to an alternative Hong Kong.
"Being elegantly simple" is our attitude. Our company's mission is to help sustain Tai O's crude beauty by offering our guests a comfortable home from home so that they will have time to explore and appreciate this charming traditional fishing village.