My family and I had a wonderful, week long stay over the New Year period in Mitch's place in Rye.
The house was big enough to house 9 adults plus a baby and a dog. Mitch and his wife were easy to communicate with and Mitch's wife provided great communication just prior to and during out stay.
We particularly loved the great big sunny deck we could all fit on and the huge umbrella which provided shade. The open plan living/kitchen/dining area was also great.
The huge, well fenced and secure yard was perfect for my brother's dog and there was a great undercover area where she could sleep close to the house, outside.
A couple of small things that could do with fixing but are understandable as it is a beach house:
- in the hot weather the door to the balcony is VERY stiff and hard to open and close
- door from laundry to outside has been painted shut
- no windows that open in master bedroom
- no fly-screens on two of the windows in living areas upstairs
- grass/ground outside is pretty dry/dusty so not ideal for lying around on but a good run around area for kids and dogs etc.
It might be handy for other families to understand the configuration of the bedrooms which are:
- main bedroom with Queen bed, ceiling fan, air con but window doesn't open so can get a little stuffy.
- 2nd bedroom with double bed, ceiling fan and window opens.
- 3rd bedroom with single bed, trundle and window that opens, no fan.
- great, new bathroom with huge bath/shower/toilet & large mirrors close to these rooms.
- entry hall
- laundry which leads into next bedroom
- bedroom with Queen bed & sliding screen door out to back yard (no fans downstairs).
- there is then a sliding door which connects to a small/narrow toilet/shower 'powder room'
- another sliding door next to this powder room connects to the final bedroom which has a single bed in it but fits a blow up double on the floor. The only way out of this room is through the toilet and then the other bedroom. Perfect for a couple with a younger child.
Also, for those not familiar with the Peninsula; whilst you can walk 8 mins to the back beach this is VERY rough and not a good swimming beach. Drive to the front bay for safe swimming!
Overall, this is a great beach house for a larger group and Mitch and his wife were friendly and easy to deal with. We had a comfortable and enjoyable time.
Thanks for a great stay!