About this listing
Discover the thousand stories of the most ancient towns of Portugal - Cascais. Stay in my bright and charming apartment. Wifi free, sea side view, comfortable, privileged decor in a quiet neighborhood. Travel like a local, get off the beaten path!
Located at 20 min walk and 7 min drive from the center of Cascais and the beaches, in a very nice neighborhood, you will find this flat warm in a privileged location on the 5th floor. This space can be yours for the days you want. This house is shared with the owner (me and my little dog Puppy (an Yorkshire)), but still you have to yourself: a bedroom, a bathroom, living/dining-room and kitchen (this is shared with the owner (in different times to give you privacy to you do your meals). In this apartment can sleep 2 guests. The bedroom has a double bed. The bed is comfortable and the pillows, blankets and duvets are of good quality. The room features a large private balcony, quiet, with a large table where you can take some meals,is in this balcony there is a barbecue too where you can make a healthy grilled food. There is also a bathroom, equipped with toilet, bidet, shower, bath, kit 1st aid kit, hair dryer, balance and towels included. The kitchen is large, functional and well equipped: microwave, electric toaster and everything else you need to make great meals as if you were at home. The living/dining-room is spacious and has a rectangular dining table that can seat up to 4 people.The living-room also has a spacious balcony/sun deck, where you can soak up the sun. There is also a spacious table in the kitchen. Cable TV and wireless internet are available. Bed linen and towels are also provided.
BED-ROOM (exclusive and only for the guests):
- Double bed (with sheets, duvet, blankets and pillows) (seize 1,60 cm 1,95 cm)
- Spacious closet
- One chair
- Standing fan or heater
- 1 large sofa
- 1 poof
- 1 seat
- DVD player
- Table for 4 people/4 chairs
- Books and magazines
KITCHEN (shared but in the different times to give at the guests privacity):
- Electric Oven
- Magic wand
- Iron and ironing board
- Washing machine
- Kitchen scale
- Juice maker
- Electric juicer oranges
- Chopper Moulinex
- Magic wand
- Electric table cleaner
- Fire extinguisher
BATHROOM (exclusive and only for the guests):
- Hair dryer
- First aid kit
- Body Balance
- 1 Meal table
- 1 Clothes drying
- 1 Wall Barbecue
- Side table
- Chair/lounger bed with pillows
The house and the building is equipped with video surveillance, which is a security for you. The house is at 20 minutes walk or 10 min by car from the center of Cascais and the beaches that are in this village. Guincho beach (great for surfing, windsurfing and kite-surfing is at 6 km away from the house, where you can go cycling in the bike-road along the coast, there is a bicycle point to 3 min walk from the house, where you can get by free. At 300 meters from the house there is a petrol station and immediately after a large supermarket Lidl. ATM, tobacco and magazine shop, mini-supermarket VIP, baggie pastry at 3 min walk from the house. At 5 min walk from the house you can find the charming Casa da Guia, recreational center with shops, several bakeries, cafes and restaurants. In the center of Cascais at 1,3 km away from the house you can find many restaurants with food of every variety, Fado house, Jazz and the famous Santini ice cream parlor with icy famous stores, the train station taking you directly to Lisbon, or other destinations, banks and nightlife. A 3 min walk from the house on the main street you have the bus stop where you can take the bus GIRO or BUSCAS which take you to the Cascais center or other destinations nearby Cascais. If you want to go to a large shopping center, there is Cascaishopping in Alcabideche, where you can go by bus GIRO, you can catch on the bus stop at 3 mints from the house.
Because it is a shared house and to guarantee and respect the privacy, comfort and safety of the other person who live there, the guests aren´t allowed to bring their guests to my flat.
Interaction with guests
I attending usually only during check in/check-out, but like I live in this house so I could almost always available to give information that can improve your stay or provide any assistance that may be required. I'll be happy if you can provide any help or assistance.
The walk you walk the wooded whole neighborhood with a friendly neighborhood and with all "the foot": bakeries, restaurants, supermarkets, petrol stations.
My comfortable flat is a joy to stay in. Situated at 20 minutes by walk or 10 min by car of the center of Cascais, where the bars, pubs, restaurants (the Portuguese gastronomy will make you wish to come back!) , cafes, shops, supermarkets and galleries are the finest in Costa do Sol. Just a little further (10 minutes by car), but still very easy to reach, are the many golf courses. Guincho beach is ideal for surfing, kite surfing, body boarding. And is possible: climbing, hiking, biking. The railway station is 20 minutes away. The bus stop is within 3 minutes walking distance.
The central point of nightlife “Praça de Camões” with the main bars and restaurants (you can enjoy fresh fish and seafood every day); during the day small supermarkets and traditional commerce.
- Bike free rental ( 70m)
- Sagway rental (1,3 km)
- Village Market at Wednesday’s and Saturday’s (1,3 km)
- The Marina is 900m away, with a sailing and yatch club, restaurants and bars.
- Hippodrome and the beautiful Marechal Carmona Natural Park (900m).
- Tennis Courts (3 km).
- Golf 1500m
Nature, cultural, and places of entertainment at short distance from my house:
Natural Park of Sintra-Cascais
At a distance of 20 minutes drive, this natural park stretches from the lush mountains of Sintra to Praia do Guincho and towering cliffs of Cabo da Roca - the westernmost point of mainland Europe. Guincho beach despite being known as one of the beaches where they are holding the world championship windsurfing, was the James Bond film "On Her Majesty's Service" who designed it to fame in 1969.
Mouth of Hell
At a distance of 10 minutes walk, living up to the name, and a big attraction in the area, this is one of the deep ravine around Cascais, having been formed by the fury of the Atlantic against the rocks on the coastal line.
Museums and Cultural Places
"House of Stories" - Paula Rego Museum
At a distance (1000 meters), this inspiring museum was opened in 2009 and is dedicated to the life and work of internationally known painter Paula Rego. Born and raised in Cascais, Paula Rego moved to England, where she composed a unique and monumental work that glorifies her homeland.
Conde Castro Guimarães Museum
At a distance of 15 minutes walk, this museum, founded in 1931, is located in a manor house on the seafront, formerly belonging to Manuel Conde de Castro Guimarães. Now houses a wonderful collection of paintings from the XVI-XIX centuries, sculptures and antique furniture. The museum which also has a library and a chapel is surrounded by a beautiful garden and is an extraordinary example of the aristocratic pedrigree that so well characterises erstwhile Cascais.
Museum of the Sea
At a distance 15 minutes walk, this museum pays tribute to the maritime heritage of Cascais and King D. Carlos I, the monarch pioneer of Portuguese oceanography who was assassinated in 1908. Rare fossils, shells, some vestiges of old boats and shipwrecks in Tagus and Sado are part of the exhibition.
Places of entertainment:
This famous casino which is facing the Tamariz beach is one of the oldest and most exciting in Europe. Its luxury scenario surrounding gambling and entertainment areas, is a temptation to even the most moderate players. It is said that this casino will have inspired Ian Fleming for his "Casino Royale," an adventure of the immortal James Bond, written in 1953.
Santini is no ordinary ice cream parlour - serving what is considered the best ice cream in the country! Founded by Atillio Santini in 1949, this historic home of gelato impressed and won a long list of guests, including politicians, curious tourists and even royals.
Sports - Golf
Estoril is one of the top destinations for golf practice in Portugal. A well balanced climate throughout the year and the existence of high quality infrastructures - Golf Clubs Quinta da Marinha, Oitavos and Estoril - make of Cascais a perfect destination for lovers of this sport.
At a distance of 15 minutes drive from my house is the Estoril Golf, in Avenue of the Republic in Cascais.
The Estoril golf course exists since 1929 in its first version of nine holes and was built by Fausto Figueiredo, game concession holder at Casino do Estoril. In 1936 it was extended to 18 holes by the famous golf architect Ross MacKenzie, founder and 1st President of the European Association of Golf Course Architects.
Within another distance of 15 minutes drive from our house, is the Quinta da Marinha
Golf Course which has 18 holes, 5870 meters of natural beauty and big challenges.
Designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, this par 71 has fantastic views over the Atlantic Ocean and Sintra Mountains.
Yet at a distance of 15 minutes drive from our house, is the Oitavos Natural Dunes Golf Links in Cascais.
The Oitavos Dunes, is situated in the Natural Park of Sintra-Cascais, surrounded by pines and dunes, it is part of an area of outstanding natural beauty. A sea view is a constant throughout the field, looking up North, to Serra de Sintra and Cabo da Roca and West to the Atlantic Ocean. The route was carefully designed by one of the best golf architects of today, the former president of the American Society of Golf Course Architects, Arthur Hills. He preserved the unique characteristics of the land, drawing a natural field with 6303 meters. Environmental certification was obtained by Audubon International, a U.S. environmental group. The Oitavos Dunes was the first golf course in Europe, and the 2nd in the world, to be recognised as a "Certified Signature Sanctuary - Gold". It was rated by Golf Monthly, in January 2003, as one of the top 10 golf courses in Continental Europe. Today, it is in the TOP 100 of the U.S. Golf Magazine.
Places to Visit:
- SINTRA: world heritage, with its romantic sceneries, castle, palaces and convent, 16 kms away, deserve a visit and are a guarantee of a well spent day. Walk up from the village to the castle and make sure you take some traditional pastries with you (queijadas and travesseiros). On your way back to Cascais enjoy the setting in Praia da Adraga (Beach) and watch the sunset at Cabo da Roca, the western tip of Europe, "where the land ends and the ocean begins" – 25 min by car or bus
- LISBON: departing from the Cascais train station, you'll be in the centre of Lisbon in 40 minutes. The train journey is one of the best in the world, always bordering the sea, entering Lisbon by the Tejo river estuary coastal line, and passing by two of the city's landmarks: Torre de Belém and Mosteiro dos Jerónimos .
More local tips/information’s of the surroundings and all the activities are available on your arrival.
There are buses that run directly outside toward the center or are there right near taxi stop. Very close, 100mt also rent bicycles. If driving, there is always and easy parking behind the building, with direct entrance to the building through the back door. Lisbon International Airport is 30km and if necessary will be able to go and get them or put them on arrival or at your departure - anytime (by a friendly value 37€).
The area is well attended at the level of transport in case you wish to know further than the village itself.
Arriving from Lisbon info:
- Cascais is within a 30 minute drive by taxi/car from the Lisbon airport - around 45/55 Euros 4 persons+ and sometimes + €s for luggage.
- You can also take the Metro or Express Bus at the Airport to Cais do Sodre train station and pick up the train to Cascais ( takes aprox 45 min ride and 2,40€ per person).
Other things to note
The capacity of this flat is for maximum 2 people.
In this house live me and my dog Puppy, an sweet and smart Yorkshire.
I always make every effort to enter quietly and make no noise in my day life to not disturb you and get you privacy. I would like to stay with you, for sure!
House rules - IMPORTANT:
- The apartment is located in a family building so please do not disturb neighbours, and please keep quiet when you walk through the common hallway;
- No noisy parties in the flat;
- No loud music or loud television after 22h;
- Please leave the apartment as you found it;
- Treat our apartment like your own.
- Smoking is permitted in the apartment but only in outdoor area (terraces).
- I asked the favour that when using the dining table in the dining room, put if you pleased the tablecloth, especially if you're going to use utensils with hot food or liquids and that the table does not get marked on the timber. Thank you!
- I regardless what time is check in and check-out of the guests, my presence will be required at that time.
- Please note that: the candles that are on the fireplace of living-room aren´t to use, is just for decoration.
- If you use the barbecue after use you should clean the ashes and coal remains, if this doesn´t happen you will be charged an amount of extra cleaning € 10 in the check-out. As the apartment is located on the top floor and therefore is subject to strong winds, this measure is to prevent the ashes fly and spread in the balcony, come into the house, flying to the balconies of other neighbours and fall and dirtying their clothing and extended to another balcony causing harming comfort and bed socializing with neighbours and also to guard the hygiene and cleanliness of this house.
- If you use the table in the dining room please put a towel because the wood of this table is very sensitive and the dishes and pots hot or wet leave marks.
- In this house all the doors have closed and everything that has the PRIVATE label, please do not come in and not touch or opening because is personal, thank you.
- I hope that people that stay in the apartment enjoy it and feel like home.
Damage to Accommodations
As a Guest, you are responsible for leaving the Accommodation in the condition it was in when you arrived. You acknowledge and agree that, as a Guest, you are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the Accommodation.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 97 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I enjoy multicultural environments and getting acquainted with new people. I travel a lot and I had already visited a great deal of the world. When I travel I like comfort and cleanliness, as well as easy access to cultural places, beaches (which I love), easy transportation, leisure zones, punctuality and above all kindness and helpfulness. Therefore, these are definitely the conditions that I want to provide to my guests.
Gosto muito de ambientes multi culturais e de conhecer novas pessoas. Gosto também, muito de viajar e já conheço grande parte do mundo. Quando viajo, privilegio acima de tudo: conforto; limpeza da casa; acessibilidade a pontos culturais chave, praia (que adoro !), facilidade de transportes, interessantes zonas de lazer; pontualidade e acima de tudo simpatia e capacidade de entreajuda, consequentemente considero que são esses os requisitos que como anfitriões poderei dar aos meus hospedes.