About this listing
Quiet Romantic Waterfront Cottage on Seneca Lake. Located 20 minutes south of Geneva and 20 minutes north of Watkins Glen. On the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. Great cottage for families.
Quiet and private on a dead end street. Magnificent views in every direction. On the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. 20 minutes from Geneva or Watkins Glen.
You will have access to the cottage including living areas and full kitchen with all appliances and utensils. We provide toilet paper and paper towel, and all bed linens and bath towels. You will need to bring beach towels.
Interaction with guests
Our property manager will greet you and show you around upon your arrival. Then all you have to do is enjoy your stay. We are accessible in the event you have any questions.
Our cottage is situated on a nice lot and our neighbors are far enough away that they shouldn't bother you. Occasionally, neighbors will walk the shore, but it is rare.
Other things to note
We enjoy our cottage and want our guest to enjoy it too.
1. The property is furnished and includes 2 bedrooms, a sleeping loft, full kitchen with microwave, stove, refrigerator/freezer, 2 dining areas, 2 living room areas, 42” flat screen TV, Sony receiver and speakers, bath towels, and bed linens.
2. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the property at any time. Smoking is allowed outside only. A $500.00 cleaning fee will apply if smoking occurs inside the property.
3. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in or on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Please limit the maximum number of guests to 8 people total (this includes named guests in your party).
4. The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. All Guests and anyone in the party agree to keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. Furniture is to remain inside the property at all times and should not be moved outdoors or rearranged.
7. Parties are not allowed at this property. If it is found that you are having any type of party you will be asked to leave the premises immediately, and your damage deposit will not be returned. If there are any remaining days left of your stay you will not be refunded any monies for those remaining days.
8. Please no nude sunbathing or skinny dipping.
9. We do not permit the use of tents on the property.
10. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
11. Pets are not allowed unless prior arrangements are made. Additional fees apply.
12. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the refundable deposit will be refunded as follows:
100% if cancelled 30 days prior to the check-in date.
No refund after 30 days
Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
14. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Beach towels are not provided, we suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
15. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. Since the water is fed directly from the lake and filtered we encourage you to bring bottled water for drinking and cooking. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged damages of up to $. Storms:
If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
Fireworks of any kind are prohibited from use on the property.
Small campfires are permitted in the fire ring only. Please be sure to extinguish all flames after each use. In addition, all fires must be supervised by an adult at all times. You must also provide your own wood.
Trash should be placed in the Trash Tote provided at the top of the hill. There is also a container for recyclables.
20. Transport System:
The transport system is for your convenience. Please limit it to no more than 100 pounds per trip. It is intended to carry luggage and groceries only. At no time should it be used to transport a person or persons. If the transport system is found to be used improperly you could be charged damages up to $500.00. If you have difficulty operating the transport system, please contact our property manager for assistance.
Please be courteous to our neighbors and keep noise to a minimum. Please stay off of our neighbors docks unless invited. Occasionally neighbors will use our shoreline property to travel to adjoining property, we ask that you be courteous. We have an elderly neighbor (and his dog) who will occasionally use our stairs at the end of his stay, again we ask that you be courteous. If there is any issue at any time, please contact our property manager or myself immediately.
22. Acceptance: Upon making the reservation all parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as set forth.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.