About this listing
You cannot be more central in Antwerp, right of the main shopping street is this fantastic spacious light and full of charm apartment. Fully equipped.
NEW: This corner apartment is part of a 1860 building, filled with creative people. This appartment has abundant light, with 4,5 mtr high ceilings this apartment gives you great spacious feeling. The large double glazed windows have great views on the historical church where the famous painter P.P. Rubens is burried.
This fully furnished apartment with digital tv, apple tv, dishwasher, washing machine, bath/shower, nespresso machine, free-wifi etc etc is your perfect stay when in Antwerp.
The whole apartment is yours. Although in the heart of the city center its a very save place. The whole building is a center of artistic residences, of architects, musicians (classic)and other fashion people. Huge hallways and an elevator are at your disposal.If you come by car we might even have parking spot for your in our building please reserve in advance.
Interaction with guests
I live in the same building and when I am around I am more than happy to show you around and show you all the spots of the beaten track to get to know Antwerp inside out. Checkout my guidebook on (URL HIDDEN)
Restaurants, shops, designers studio's, theater, cinema as well as the student district are all around us. A wonderful food market on Saturday and Sunday at your doorstep.
An epicenter for high, avant-garde fashion, Antwerp's also known for its expansive, intricate and gloriously labyrinthine markets. In winter there's the Christmas Market in December and once a year, on August 15, the Rubens Market transports shoppers back to the 15th Century as medieval merchants strive to live up to the Baroque lifestyle of its nominal father, Flemish artist Peter Paul Rubens.
Here are five almost weekly markets for you to get down on, just like Antwerpens.
1. Vrijdagmarkt: For over four centuries, since 1547, Antwerpens and their admirers have flocked to Vrijdagmarkt every Friday (Vrijdagmarkt translates to Friday market) to auction off second-hand goods. From antique furniture and books to vintage clothing and jewelry, Vrijdagmarkt has it all, every Friday morning, every week, for everyone.
2. Lijnwaadmarkt: Located in Antwerp's historic center, this weekly Saturday flea market is sure to offer chotchke-seeking tourists a rare, authentic find. Prices are little more expensive than at some other markets, but the one-of-a-kind wares available here are worth the extra Euros.
3. Sint-Jansvliet: Sint-Jansvliet has quite the personality. It's a basketball court most of the week but on Sundays from 9-5pm it transforms into a wonderful, beloved antique market that was from (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) called Kleine Tunnelplaats after the pedestrian tunnel that runs alongside it, but Antwerpens demanded the old name be revived, and so it was done.
(Vrijdagmarkt, back in the day.)
4. Vogelenmarkt: Sint-Jansvliet has some competition from 8am-1pm on Sunday, when the "bird market" spreads its wings to showcase flowers, fabrics, antiques, exotic birds and pets at Theaterplein Square in Oudevaartplaats.
5. Exotic International Market: Though it doesn't have as striking a name as Vogelenmarkt, this straight-forwardly named Saturday bazaar, also at Oudevaartplaats, features not only local, native Belgian products, but also spices, beads, fabrics, cheeses, nuts and fishes from Turkey, Morocco and various far-flung lands.
6. Bio Market: The greenest of the green descend on Falconplein in the Red Light District to buy up the most eco-friendly products around at this weekly Sunday (8am-4pm) event.
Next door indoor parking.
12 min walk from the train station
Tram stop in front
City bikes in front
Questions? just ask happy to have a (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) call
Other things to note
Min stay 2 nights, max 2 persons, non smoking.
In the heart of the shopping district, markets, musea, cinema and all the tourist spots are around the corner. You can walk to almost anywhere, but city bikes are in front, trams, metro all less than minutes away. If you arrive by train, you can even walk: 12 min.
Since this is a very unique place and its just not for everyone it also has some strict " unique rules".Some of the artwork is fragile and priceless therefor we have had to put some limitations .
So ideally, couples, couples with older children or two couples that appreciate the uniqueness of the place.
This apartment is for max. 2 persons. Standard fee is for 2 adults. Additional guest are not allowed. When you book you have to let me know how many guest are staying.
This is a non-smoking appartment, so if you need to smoke you need to do it outside, not just in an open window.
Please leave the appartment as you recieved it, as clean as reasonably possible.
Visitors Gatherings or Parties:
No external visitors are allowed without prior approval, no parties, no gatherings.
Since you are in a large building, please try to be considerate of your neighbours.
No pets no animals.
I live in the building so I am always around if you have any questions.