My beautiful duplex is for rent in Central Calis, close to all amenities and walking distance to the beach. I am always happy to welcome new visitors and make sure they enjoy our lovely town.
Beach less than 1 km away
Car not necessary
This roomy self catering accommodation with all modern conveniences is close to Fethiye (by mini bus or water taxi), and walking distance to Calis beach with it's restaurants, night-life and the sea. Amenities on your doorstep include Sunday market, several restaurants, mini bus stop & local shops, and fitness centre that offers yoga among its activities.
Calis (pronounced "Chalish"), is a quiet yet busy holiday resort, with a long curving beach. Bars and restaurants line the beach area. The resort is very flat with mountains in the background. It is ideal for people with mobility restrictions. Calis has a waterpark and an outdoor gym. Parts of the beach are also popular with the local turtle population, who come in to lay their eggs in the sand.
Rooms :Living room/dining room (length of the apartment), kitchen,
2 bedrooms (1 double sized bed and two twin size beds)(URL HIDDEN)and a half (toilet and sink) bathrooms. Balcony overlooking Calis square where Sunday market is held. Enjoy a cup of tea or glass of wine here while watching the colourful scene across from the garden down below. The pazar (square) is quiet except on Sundays
Owner speaks English fluently and is available and happy to assist with information, suggestions and guidance.
About this area
The Turkish Aegean Coast region
Just some of the things to do in Lycia include:
Outside of and tucked within the gorge locals have set up small restaurants with seating areas on wooden platforms suspended just above rushing spring waters, great places to kick back upon Turkish rugs and cushions with a beer under shady trees. Outside of the gorge you will also find tree house accommodation, small relaxed bars and river tubing.
- Canoeing on the Xanthos River - Enjoy a day paddling downstream through the beautiful nature of the Xanthos Valley.
- Paragliding - Tandem and solo. There are excellent paragliding centers in Oludeniz (near Fethiye) which is one of the best places in the world to para glide and has become a para gliders' mecca.
- The Lycia region has some splendid scuba diving due to its warm, calm, tide-free sea and clear waters with great visibility. This makes the area ideal for both beginners and more experienced divers.
Dive centers are located in Fethiye &Oludeniz,.
- Mountain Trekking - trekking in the mountains of Lycia offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the Taurus range.
- Jeep Safari - an exhilarating way to experience the countryside of Lycia. Mountain tours as well as visits to ancient sites and Saklikent Gorge.
- Boat Trips and Gulet Cruises day or night cruises for dinner or just relaxing.
- Visit of of many Hamams (Turkish Bath) and feel your worries drain away.
Calis beach attractions include a stunning sea and beach, a plethora of restaurants, nightlife, water park for the kids (big & little) and walking tracks.
A 15 minute drive away, Fethiye's attractions include, boating, restaurants, nightclubs, a museum and ancient sites including the Lycian rock tombs & sarcophagi , shopping & boat trips. There is the famous fish market where you can purchase your fish and have it cooked for only 5 TL complete with bread and salad.
You can also get the ferry ride to Rhodes, Greece for day trips from Fethiye harbor.
If you'd like to go further afield, Oludeniz (below) with it's famous shopping strips, paragliding, horse riding and nightlife is only 20 mins on a minibus from Fethiye.