Pinery is a 1937 vintage cabin in Brightwood, Oregon that we adore...and we want to share it with others that crave a quiet mountain retreat along the Sandy River.
Pinery sits on a 1/3 acre in the woods with a pretty trail to the Sandy River, just 15-20 minutes from skiing, numerous hiking trails and historic Timberline Lodge. Pinery is convenient to great restaurants, too.
The cabin is just an hour from Portland, so it's the perfect retreat for skiing, hiking, playing golf, and for anyone looking for a quiet getaway in the woods!
The 800 sq ft cabin has tons of vintage charm with all the comforts of home. It sleeps up to four (two bedroom lofts--twin and double beds--and a first floor bedroom with a queen bed.) It also has a huge stone fireplace and a modern kitchen with dining area. We have free wifi, hammocks, games, books, and a DVD screen (no TV or cable) with movies.
Pinery is pet friendly for one well-behaved dog. It is not a good place for puppies that chew.
Our place is special and quirky--lots of old open railings and a catwalk (!)--so it's not a good choice for children or those not confident of their footing on stairs, and there is absolutely no smoking allowed.
Interaction with guests
We always greet our guests at the cabin to walk through the quirks of the place, but otherwise you have the place to yourselves.
1) Although there is a cleaning fee, we expect the cabin to be left tidy and the used linens put in the basket in the bathroom. If that doesn't happen, the security deposit will be charged for excessive cleaning at $60 per hour.
2) You are responsible for any and all damage to the cabin or property sustained as a result of your stay, and I may use part of or all of the security deposit to repair broken, damaged or missing items, fixtures, furnishings, bedding, towels, kitchen equipment, appliances and any and all items attached or contained in the cabin.
3) If something seems damaged, you must let me know immediately upon your arrival.
4) There are no refunds due to weather conditions.
5) You must be sure the front and back doors, as well as windows, are properly locked at checkout or you will forfeit your security deposit.
6) I can't be held responsible for any items left after check out, but I will contact you to try to arrange the return of any found items.
7) A $100 fee will be charged to you if you don't return all keys.
8) Absolutely no parties, photo shoots or other commercial activiites can take place without express written permission in advance.
9) If you bring a well-behaved dog, you must let us know in advance. Any damage from the dog will be charged either against the security deposit or with an excessive cleaning fee.
My wife and I own a charming 1937 vintage cabin in Brightwood, Oregon that we adore...and we want to share it with others that crave a quiet mountain retreat along the Sandy River.