About this listing
This quaint studio apartment is nestled in the quiet neighborhood known as 'North University,' immediately adjacent to the area of 'Hyde Park.' It occupies the entire upstairs of a 2-story carriage house behind a World War II-era bungalow.
It is within walking distance of the neighborhood hub of Hyde Park, a center which includes several great local restaurants, an old-fashioned grocery, a coffee house and bakery, and a gelati bar. It is also within walking distance of all that the University of Texas has to offer (only 1 mile from the football stadium), and is only 2 miles from the capitol and downtown.
The studio boasts both modern and antique furnishings, luxury linens and solid WI-fi. It has its own patio set up for outdoor lounging and also has an outdoor eating area with barbecue grill. Full-size washer dryer on site. Bikes are available for your use.
Interaction with guests
I am easily reached by cell phone or e-mail during your stay, and quick to respond to any request, but otherwise plan to give you your privacy by not being around! We do not live on the property, but are close by.
We offer bikes for you to explore the neighborhood.
The City of Austin offers both a bus service and a rail service to many parts of the City. There are several bus stops within walking distance of the house. To view a thorough listing of the routes, stops and schedules, please visit the Capital Metro
There are a few cab companies in Austin. The most established company is Yellow Cab (ph) or (Hail a Cab app). Other companies include Austin Cab () and Lone Star Cab ().
Other things to note
STR License 802
1. There is a maximum of 2 persons in this unit.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING property.
3. No PETS allowed on the property.
4. Keep in mind there are guests below you. Please be considerate and leave your shoes at the door.
5. Because the property is a shared with other guests, we ask that you respect the privacy, peace and quiet of the other guests, and of course that they do the same for you. This includes the observance of a quiet time between 10:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
6. We suggest you bring towels for recreational use; our linens may not be taken from the property.
7. All guests must be at least 25 years old to reserve and occupy this property.
8. The property is privately owned; the property owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises. The property owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 141 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Native Austinite, full-time mother of 4, and manager of beautiful old houses we lovingly restored with our own hands. Here to help in any way I can, but otherwise will give you privacy to enjoy your getaway!