A stylish, upscale accommodation in the Minneapolis Central\Powderhorn Neighborhood. Newly renovated garden level apartment offers privacy, comfort and close proximity to popular destinations. Full kitchen, sauna, laundry, WiFi and other amenities.
• This space is one of the most impressive rentals in the immediate vicinity. It is a contemporary renovation to the garden level of a grand, 1904-era Park Avenue home which has also been extensively updated and restored.
• Quarters are best described as having an open floor plan which provides an overall spaciousness.
• Apartment is tastefully appointed and has amenities such as queen size bed, WiFi, laundry, flat screen (no cable, on-air programming only) and sauna for your comfort and convenience. It also features a furnished kitchen—ideal for light cooking, private bath, living room, dining area, large bedroom and three generous closets.
• Entire unit has ceramic tile flooring and area rugs.
• Size is approximately 600 sq. ft. which includes a hallway and a private bath.
• This rental unit is licensed by the City of Minneapolis.
• Guest space is completely separate from the owner's quarters, so there's little ambiguity over what will constitute "your" space. The only minor exception is the hallway where the shared laundry is located—and which I must occasionally pass through to reach the utility/work room. I will always endeavor to work around your activities and schedule.
• Guest unit has a private entrance opened by means of a keypad. Each guest receives a unique key-code. No need to worry about misplaced or unauthorized keys.
• A sauna and a shared laundry are available for guest use. By special arrangement, shared access to the backyard, deck and grill may be possible.
Interaction with guests
• Generally, I am on premises, much of the time. Of course, I run errands, go out to eat, etc., but I'm usually not gone long—and so, I'm pretty available. If something out of the ordinary occurs, I'll let you know.
• I want your stay in Minneapolis to be pleasant. If you want your privacy, you'll have it. If you want recommendations or advice about things to see and do, I'll be happy to offer them.
Other things to note
This is a garden level apartment which means there are stairs to negotiate. There is a sturdy handrail, but for some potential guests who need handicap accessibility, this unit may not be appropriate.
• Treat me and the property with respect.
• Don't do anything illegal while you're here.
• Be reasonably clean and quiet.
• Come and go. Enjoy. But be considerate.
• No pets.
• No recreational drugs.
• This is a smoke and tobacco free premises (inside and out), including e-cigarettes.
• No unregistered guests after midnight.
I'm a lover of art, music, photography, good food, entertaining and old houses. Some 38 years ago I purchased a 1904-vintage, fixer upper which has been both a work in progress and a labor of love ever since. I've enjoyed the process of pulling the place back from the brink, creating a distinctive, comfortable home for myself—as well as a unique and accommodating rental space for guests.
After first obtaining a liberal arts degree and then graduating with a technical degree in photographic technology, I landed my "first real job" (as my father put it) in 1976. However, after 17 years of working—primarily in corporate marketing—I opted to become self employed—and work out of my home.
For the next 21 years, I provided marketing communications consulting to clients, plying my skills in strategic planning, copy writing, design, photography, art direction and project management. I got to work with some great people on some wonderful projects—and with interesting companies, large and small. Going it on my own was a career decision I've never regretted—even through the lean times—because it gave me the independence and flexibility my soul needed to survive.
Now, I'm shifting gears once again as retirement years approach. But, I simply can't imagine becoming disengaged from life or losing my independence. I like meeting interesting people, discovering new challenges and opportunities, and finding different ways to use what talents I possess. My sense is that Airbnb hosting fits nicely into my future.
All-in-all, I'm really a pretty ordinary guy. I love coffee on the deck in the morning. I enjoy a cocktail at night. I value good friendships and find digging in my garden's dirt strangely therapeutic. I marvel that I'm lucky enough to call this beautiful city home. And, after everything that has transpired in my life, that there's still time for an encore.