About this listing
This 100 year old farm house has many of the original features, a 1950's kitchen, an L-shaped porch. Furnishings include treasures collected over the years from family, France and Africa. The beautiful Hay River runs through our adjacent property.
Open since August 2014! The improvements continue so you just might catch us with a tool or a paint brush in our hands! Our latest venture is two baby goats in the back yard! Sooo cute!
Dining Room, Porch, Hay River
Interaction with guests
We are happy to recommend local activities and sit and chat with you if you wish!
Other things to note
You'll get a hearty breakfast dish, yogurt, and fruit, juice, coffee or tea, plus one or more scone recipes that I have been perfecting. I also make great gluten-free pancakes! Afternoon/arrival cookies will greet you in The Alcove, which can be eaten or taken with you
• Though we are not a scent free B&B, we appreciate consideration for our preferences as well as the sensitivities of others. Bedding and towels are washed in unscented soap. Scents of soap, shampoo and cleaning products are considered normal. However, heavy application of perfume, hairspray, and other strongly scented products in the house is not permitted. Candles, incense and plug-ins are not allowed.
• No smoking in the house. Smoking is permitted outside at a distance from the house(URL HIDDEN)$200 cleaning fee will be taken from your security deposit if the no smoking/scent policy is violated.
• Young children are very curious and naturally active. Unfortunately, we feel our facility cannot accommodate them. We welcome well-behaved children 12 years or older. We ask guests with older children to be considerate of guests who are traveling alone or as a couple.
• An adult is expected to remain with children under the age of 18. This means, for example, no trips into town leaving minors at the house.
• We are not responsible for accidents, injury or loss of property of any kind.
• Quiet hours from 10 pm to 7 am.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
After spending 20 years living mostly in the Ivory Coast, West Africa, we've come back to our native Wisconsin. We enjoy country life and working to restore this old place is a passion of ours. Audrey is a pianist and vocalist with a flair for improvisation, particularly gospel music. Ken puts a twinkle in his eye when telling a tale, saying, "It could be true!"