A tidy and efficient room in a 3 bedroom house in University City, near UPenn, Drexel, Children's Hospital and U of Sciences.
Queen bed with foam topper, 2 pillows, desk, closet, south facing window, central HVAC, 100% cotton sheets.
NOTE : Please DO NOT book us on weekdays if you can not check in between 6PM-9PM or before 8AM.
BEFORE READING ANY FURTHER PLEASE do not book with us if you CAN NOT check in between 6PM-9PM. We are more flexible on the weekends, please feel free to inquire.
We live in a 3 bedroom traditional row home in University City. Please note that this is our home. PLEASE read our house rules fully before inquiring to stay with us.
We have a friendly and vocal cat named Sid. Please don't book with us if you are allergic/don't like cats.
About your room:
The Sakura Room is an efficiency sized, simple and clean bedroom with lots of natural sunlight. During the summertime, we provide just sheets and a light blanket (and there is comforter in the closet if you need it). During wintertime, you will have a comforter, a fleece, and sheets so you can stay warm :D
We have another room up for reservation called the "Moku Room." If you prefer a larger room and a more lux bed, check it out here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12191153?s=w7y1bXtb
About our House:
We live in a historic 1900s two story row home with three bedrooms and 1.5 baths. We have two spare bedrooms that we don't use and have put both up on Airbnb. Therefore, you may interact with other guests during your stay here.
Because we live in an older home, you may see the occasional spider or two. They are all harmless, but just FYI for those that are afraid of bugs.
*Please note that we do not accept reservations on behalf of a friend or family member. If you are making the reservation we expect that you will be staying with us. Please read this Airbnb policy here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member*
We have a strict 6pm-9pm check in time. We can be more flexible on the weekends, but please inquire before booking. Please contact us in advance about your check-in time. *PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST TO BOOK US IF YOU CAN NOT CHECK-IN BETWEEN 6PM-9PM.*
Once you have checked-in, you will receive a passcode to our front door and instructions on how to leave and return. After you have checked-in, you are welcome to return however early/late you would like to as long as you are quiet while returning and can communicate your arrival with us. We turn the alarm on when no one is home, so we will need to disarm the alarm if you are the first one returning (we can do this remotely).
Interaction with guests
There may be other guests staying with us in our other room. Please be respectful of their space and speak at an indoor level.
Both Dan and I work during the day so we will be in and out. We are always home in the evening hours.
Other things to note
1. We are a no shoes household! This is very important to us. Please do not wear your shoes in the house or in your room.
2. We all share one bathroom (with a shower). We have a half-bath downstairs.
3. We have a printer in case you need to print anything while you are here.
4. We keep the house temp around 77 degrees in the summer time and around 68 in the winter time. We are eco-conscious and believe in conserving energy and limiting our carbon footprint. If these temperatures will make you feel uncomfortable, then please do not choose to stay with us.
1. Make sure the front door is locked at all times
2. Communicate with us when you are leaving and returning.
3. Please be quiet after 9pm.
4. Please talk quietly at an indoor volume level especially when there are other guests staying with us.
5. Please take your shoes off as you enter
6. No smoking please!
7. Cleaning fee is included. Please clean up after yourself. If there is a large mess that requires professional cleaning we will charge you for the mess.
8. Please help us protect the earth by switching off lights and fans when not in use.
9. Please do not invite guests over to our house to hang out.
1. We only have one bathroom in the house. Please be considerate and clean up after yourself.
2. Before showering please turn on the bathroom fan
3. Please do not leave the bathmat on the tub edge or on the railing when showering. It will get wet. Please put it on the floor.
4. When showering, please make sure that the shower curtain is completely closed and that inside curtain is inside the tub.
5. Please clean up any water that gets out of the tub after showering, we do not have a drain in our bathroom!
6. Please turn the bathroom fan on when your shower. It gets steamy in there!
7. Please clear the metal drain catcher of any hair from your shower. We want to keep the tub clean.
8. We all share a bathroom so please be conscious of time spent in there!
This host has 58 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
-Born in Shanghai, but now proud Philadelphian
-Favorite hobby is eating
-Loves to garden
-Born in Harrisburg, PA, but also now proud Philadelphian (though not as loud about this as Yuan)
-An artist and thinker