About this listing
This new one bedroom apt is centrally located in inner NE Portland. Easy to walk, bike, or take public transit to great restaurants & shops.
Free WiFi, queen bed, Apple TV, full kitchen, dishwasher, full bath with washer/dryer. Clean comfy living in a private apartment separate from the main house.
The great thing about this apartment is that it’s brand new and we’ve taken lots of care to make it comfortable and cool. We are right around the corner from several fantastic coffee shops and breakfast spots (Twenty Six Café, Bridges and Goldrush) and some of Portland’s best restaurants (Ox, Toro Bravo and Russell Street BBQ). It’s a short walk to Williams, one of the best streets in town, and a medium walk/short bike ride to Mississippi Avenue (our personal favorite). Wonder Ballroom is two blocks away - see a live show! The awesome downtown Pearl and Alphabet Districts are about an 8 minute drive away. It's a 5 minute drive to the Alberta Arts District and Dekum Triangle.
While the space can most comfortably fit 2 people, there is a queen sized air mattress in one of the closets that easily sleeps 2 more people if you want to bring friends.
The Apartment perks:
1) Use the stack-able washer/dryer in your private bathroom if you want to pack light to save room in your suitcase for tax free retail shopping.
2) If you’re looking for a relaxing dinner at home the kitchen is stocked with a full sized fridge, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, pots and pans and dishware. New Seasons on Williams or Whole Foods on 15th are both walking distance (10-15 minutes on foot).
3) We share an alleyway with our neighbor (who rents out an identical space to this one, so if you’re traveling with a larger group maybe you can book both apartments) – there’s some outdoor seating for dining al fresco.
4) We are eager to help you make the best of your trip to Portland – we can provide lots of suggestions of things to do around town or day trips to take and if you need anything at all when you’re here we’re just a text message away and will always reply ASAP.
This is a private one bedroom 'daylight' basement apartment with it's own entrance accessed with a key code. It's built into the bottom floor of a main house where we (the owners) live.
Interaction with guests
Since we live right upstairs from the apartment, we may run into each other here and there if we are in town during your stay but unless you need something we will not be bothering you. We will be readily available for anything you need but otherwise want you to enjoy this private space all to yourself.
We are located on the border of the beautiful Irvington and Eliot neighborhoods. It was so important for us to find a house that was walking distance to almost anything and we found it ('Walk Score' gives it an 84 out of 100)!
Distance of neighborhoods:
Downtown / Pearl District & NW 23rd (less than a 10 minute drive)
N. Williams (10 minute walk or 3 minute drive)
Mississippi (20 minute walk or 5 minute drive)
Alberta Arts (5 minute drive)
Irving Park (5 minute walk)
Forest Park (10 minute drive)
Mt. Hood, Mt. Saint Helens, and the Coast (~90 minutes away)
The Columbia River Gorge, Multnomah Falls, and Hood River (30-45 minute drive)
The Oregon Convention Center is a short 5-10 minute bus ride away and the PDX Airport is a 15-20 minute drive.
There is ample parking on the street if you have your own car. The bus stop is a two minute walk away and it's so easy to plan trips using the Tri Met app or website.
Other things to note
As mentioned, the apartment is beneath our home and although the construction is solid and new, you could hear the occasional goings on above. We have a four year old who likes to dash around and has been known to yell. She's in bed by 8pm, is in school most weekdays from 9-4 and we are very aware that you are below us so we try to keep her quiet as best we can but this feels important to mention if you're sensitive to sound.
Permit #: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)-HO
Whenever we travel with Air BnB we always treat the home as if it were our own and assume you will do the same. Just a couple things to note:
Please remember the 'House Rules'
1) No Smoking.
2) Please turn off the heat when you leave the apartment.
3) Please remove your shoes when you're inside.
4) While you're here, please make sure to lock up if you're not home.
5) When you leave, please throw all dishes in the dishwasher and run it if it's pretty full. Also toss linens/bedding in the washer and run it.
6) If you check out early, please send me a quick text so we can try to give the next guest an opportunity for early check in. Thanks!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
My husband, Erin, and daughter, Magnolia, and I moved to Portland, OR from Los Angeles in 2015 and we are so excited for this great life adventure. We love to explore the world, have done a lot of that independently and as a family - teaching our young daughter about different cultures and lifestyles is a passion of ours. We are loyal and respectful Air B&B users and also excited to list our own property here: our family home in NE Portland has a separate one bedroom apartment on the bottom level for vacation rentals.
A bit about me: I cannot begin to list my favorite foods and books, I feel like I eat and read way too much for that. We see live music as often as possible - my favorites: Jack White, Conor Oberst, M Ward. My husbands favorites: Grateful Dead, Phish, ALO. Our daughters favorites: Frozen. We proudly wave the Third Man flag (for me) and Phish flag (for him) outside our home and at some point you'll probably see our little one dressed like Elsa, carrying a tree branch and telling you to "Freeze".
"Try to be Someone on Whom Nothing is Lost" - Henry Miller