This Chalet is located in Beijós, at Sitio da Fraga. The place is surrounded by nature and is crossed by a small river. The pool offers a relaxing atmosphere where the dominant sounds are the chirping of birds and the sound of the small river.
The river gave its name and offered to the land the ideal conditions for the production of one of the best Portuguese mature wines. The magic of the nature and some prehistoric heritage, makes the Dão Wine Demarcated Region one of the most desirable to explore and discover in Portugal.
This Region, which is still unknown for many of us, has an unparalleled richness, with several interesting things to do. From lovers of food and wine, to all lovers of history, culture and nature, everyone will find a reason to fall in love for this region.
Bounded by “Ribeira do Pisão”, our space is located in the small village of Beijós, where Angelina de Sousa Mendes (wife of Aristides de Sousa Mendes, the Portuguese Consul in Bordeaux, who saved thousands of lives from the holocaust) was born and married.
Beijós is a small village, in the municipality of Carregal do Sal, Viseu district, in the heart of the Dão Wine Demarcated Region, which is just 20 km away from the District Capital (Viseu), 140 km from Oporto and 270 km from Lisbon. Within 5 Km you can find Cabanas de Viriato, where you can see the “Casa do Passal” - the main house of the Consul Aristides de Sousa Mendes.
Our space is surrounded by nature, crossed by a small river with a waterfall and a century watermill, which still works every day.
I Love Dão - Casas da Fraga is concerned about the confort its guests. The following services are available for free:
- Access to WI-FI;
- Swimming Pool;
- Self-Service Laundry ;
- Grocery Service;
- Community vegetable garden;
- Parking place.
Interaction with guests
We will be at your disposal for any clarification /information/assistance throughout your stay.
Other things to note
Dão region is rich in activities and experiences, some of them unique. Above all this is the reason why we adopted the name I Love Dão - Casas da Fraga. Just to name a few activities or experiences that we recommend:
- Horse riding in Quinta do Pombal (less than 1 km away from our Chalet);
- Country walks by various archaeological routes;
- Bicycle tours;
- Boat trips by Dão, Mondego and Criz rivers (the operator makes the pick-up of our guests here at our property);
- Stand up paddle;
- Wine tasting at one of our partners (Quinta das Marias, Quinta de Cabriz, Quinta do Cerrado or Quinta do Ribeiro Santo);
- Regional products;
- Thermal and wellness treatments;
- Visit to Casa do Passal of Aristides de Sousa Mendes;
- Visit to museum Manuel Soares de Albergaria;
- Explore Ecopista do Dão using our bikes for free.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View other reviews