About this listing
Quiet oasis in the heart of central Austin! Historic, recently-remodeled 3BR/2BA house in convenient, safe neighborhood. Perfect for families, business travelers, couples. Walk to restaurants, grocery, bars, shopping, bus, bike rental, more. Close to campus (1/2 mi), downtown (2 mi), ACL (4 mi), 35 and Mopac (1.8 mi). Fully-stocked kitchen, art, comfy furnishings, spacious & private bedrooms w/premium cable, & many amenities. The Private Paradise is perfect for your relaxing ATX experience!
WHAT MAKES THE PRIVATE PARADISE SO SPECIAL? Feel like you're miles away even though you're right in the heart of the city. Built in 1919, this gorgeous, recently-renovated 3BR/2BA house will feel like your home-away-from-home and is an authentic taste of what makes Austin so special. You'll also get concierge-level service; Elizabeth has a background in event planning and communication!
OUR MOTTO: As fellow Airbnb guests, we designed this space with your ultimate relaxation, comfort, value, and convenience in mind. We want to exceed your expectations!
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: The Private Paradise is blocks from the UT campus and two miles from downtown in a quiet neighborhood with everything you could want and more just steps away. We're super close to some of Austin's best local restaurants and shops like Torchy's Tacos, Via 313, Wheatsville, Central Market, Amy's Ice Cream, Trudy's, Taco Deli, Kerbey Lane, Black's BBQ, and Uchiko. We're minutes away from downtown and SXSW (2 miles), ACL/Zilker Park (4 miles), and both of Austin's major highways - 35 and MoPac (each 1.8 miles).
THE EXTRAS: You'll have all the supplies you need, including: fully stocked kitchen (including pantry essentials like EVOO, seasoning, etc.), Keurig coffee and tea, cold drinks, filtered water, French Press, linens and towels, extra blankets and pillows, toiletries, snacks, and slippers. And if you want to get out and have some fun, there's a picnic basket, games, balls, umbrella and chairs (upon request), beach towels, sunscreen, bug spray, and croquet. Families love staying here because we have a washer/dryer and toddler/baby "supplies" available upon request (pack-n-play, outlet covers, changing table, Bumbo chair, kids dinnerware, stair gate, and swinging cradle) - there's even a tree swing!
BEFORE YOU BOOK: Please read our entire description and house rules carefully, check out all of the photos, and email us with any questions. The house technically has space for more than six people and small social gatherings. We approve extra guests and events on a case-by-case basis. Message us directly with an inquiry about your dates to make arrangements.
DETAILS ABOUT THE PRIVATE PARADISE:
*Private driveway and yard with tree swing shaded by a blanket of old elm and oak trees, with gardens and a great stone patio
*Two upstairs bedrooms and one downstairs bedroom, all with stylish art and furnishings, comfy beds, and premium digital cable
*Spacious kitchen stocked with cooking utensils, appliances, and supplies
*Large living room with ample seating, comfortable furniture, art, plants, and a wonderful view of the lush front yard
*Antique clawfoot tub/shower combo in upstairs bathroom (please look at the pictures so you're not surprised by the wrap-around curtain)
*Modern stone stall shower in downstairs bathroom
*Beautiful stone floors downstairs; original pine wood and tile floors upstairs
Guests will have access to the entire house.
Interaction with guests
We are close by and available by text, phone, or email (but give you all the privacy and space you want).
1. Please be respectful of our neighbors. They are great people and we want to ensure their privacy!
2. Always check that all doors and windows are locked before leaving the house, and that spare keys are returned to their proper places before checking out.
3. No smoking anywhere on the property, please.
4. Please contact us ASAP if something breaks, malfunctions, or gets damaged. Failure to do so before checking out may result in additional fees being charged. We never want that to happen!
5. Please don't have more guests staying at the house than registered at the time of booking (extra fees apply), pets (which are not allowed), or events/parties without our previous consent (extra fees apply). Additional fees will be charged in those instances and you may be asked to leave. We never want that to happen!
6. Please don't use bath towels to remove make-up or take them out of the house for outdoor activities (we provide make-up remover wipes and pool towels). Additional fees may be charged for missing/ruined towels.
7. Please contact us if you run out of supplies like tissues or lightbulbs, or need anything else. We will gladly take care of your request ASAP and want you to be 110% satisfied with your experience!
8. Please take good care of our home like it's you're own. We love living there and hope you will too. :)
Two relaxed, active, lighthearted entrepreneurs who love living in sunny Austin and sharing our home with interesting people from all over the world! When we aren't working and hosting, we love playing and listening to music, cooking and eating, swimming in Texas's natural spring pools, spending quality time with friends and family, and visiting the ocean as much as possible.