Dear Anne, we would like to thank you again for choosing our flat for your stay in Rome. We would also like to point out a few things in relation to your feedback.
1) the residential complex is from the 1910s (very different way of building then that of the '40s
2) the elevator is being installed now, it is not out of work. And the announcement clearly says we do not have the elevator
3) we have hosted guests since spring 2015. Last summer was incredibly hot. No guests ever told us the air con does not work properly
4) we live in a big complex where families live for generations. Everyone knows everybody, kids play in the courtyards, and people chat in the courtyards, at reasonable times of the day. Sure, who choose our flat should like to experience the genuinely roman "way of life"
5) yes, the flat and the furniture are unpretentious. We are well aware. But there is everything a traveller needs, and in very good conditions. We actually do like to give hospitality to people with very low budgets, who could not travel if there were only top accommodations available. That is our aim and philosophy. And we really think our fairs well reflect what we offer.
6) Since the area is plenty of bars, restaurants and clubs, it is obvious that at night there's a lot of young people on the streets nearby. None of our single ladies guests ever felt unsafe, but rather happy not to have to wait for public transports to come home after a drink or two.
We thank you again and wish you a great rest of the summer.
Patrizia and Fabio