About this listing
Little House on the French/Luxembourg border, 6 km from Belval
Quiet location in a small town with grocery store, hairdresser, all kind of shops
Small backyard with a patio
TV - Fitted kitchen
Cosy Little house of 90m2
Located in a residential area in a central location on the border with Luxembourg in a Lorrain small city.
The house is easily reachable from the motorway (8 km away)
It is composed with a small hallway with a half bathroom, fitted kitchen, a 30m2 living room. Upstairs, 2 double and one single bedroom and a bathroom.
There is a patio and a small backyard in the back
Baby folded bed
2 keys will be provided. You will have access to the whole property, except the garage and the cellar, where I temporarily keep my belongings. I may also come to take care of the lawn, but I will try and avoid to do it when the house is rented and will always inform you if I absolutely need to come when you are in the house
Interaction with guests
I am available anytime on the phone if you have questions or comments
Central location to visit a part of the 3 countries around (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg), and a part of France.
Ideally located 12 minutes away by car from Belval University
In the neighborhood itself, you may want to visit the Merovingian cemetery of Audun-le-Tiche.
Audun le Tiche is a quiet town but not necessarily pretty, some might say . It is an old mining town and the architecture is not exceptional , but the main attraction to the house is its location / price ratio compared to a rental in Luxembourg.
Parking : Free parking in front of the house or in the driveway. The house is in a steep street, beware in the winter especially if you own a rear wheel drive, you may remain stuck if it's icy or snowy.
Access by A30 motorway (exit 7)
Station Audun le Tiche 20/25 minutes walk
Bus service and train to Luxembourg
(the house is 1 km away from the border)
Distance from cities by car:
Metz: 50 km
Thionville 30 km
Verdun: 62 km
Luxembourg Airport: 32km
Airport Metz-Nancy 76 km
Gare d'Esch sur Alzette 3 km
More information on public transport on the city's website:
Other things to note
I may occasionally get some stuff in the garage but the access is separated from the house so I won't disturb you.
I will let you know the house adress, the WIFI code and the house key code a few day before your arrival.
Here are a short summary of the house rules to ensure you have the smoothest possible stay:
- Check-in anytime on the day of your arrival after 4pm
- Check out anytime before 10am on the day of your departure
- Respect the neighborhood, the environment and the house
- Strictly non smoking rental (except outside)
- Pets are not allowed
- I do not charge cleaning fees to remain as cheap as possible, so please clean up before leaving (cleaning supplies are provided). Alternatively, please send an inquiry for a cleaning fee to be included in your booking fee (EUR 50,-)
- Please collect the linen at the end of your stay and put it in the laundry basket (unless you do not need them, and I will remove 50 EUR from your booking request, please send me an inquiry before hand)
- Please do not flush anything down the toilets except toilet paper!
- Rubbish collection is on Tuesday mornings, cardboard-plastic waste collection on Thursday mornings. French law demands that you perform this split (plastic bags are provided)
- If you are staying more than 2 full weeks, please accept to mow the lawn once every 2 weeks (very small lawn with an easy electric lawn mower that is left on the property) . I will remove 20 EUR on your booking fees if you accept to do so (Please send your request in your inquiry)
Thank you :-)
From Feb 3 - Mar 7, 2017 the minimum stay is 6 nights.