Gorgeous second floor flat in traditional sandstone building. The flat is fully stocked and equipped. Inclusive of utilities, Sky TV, council tax, wi-fi. It is situated beside Crosshill Station from where trains to the city centre take just 7 minutes.
Stylish traditional flat in a unique Crosshill tenement.
Occupying the 2nd floor of the only tenement in Glasgow built by the Dixon family (of Dixon's "Blazes" Ironworks) this lovely flat features all mod cons and more.
Kitchen features solid oak worktop, variable brightness under-lighting and ceiling lighting, large American style fridge freezer, wine rack, dishwasher, washing machine, food processor, microwave, solid oak adjustable dining table and chairs and comes wired with audio cables that are fed into and from each room of the house including the bathroom.
Bathroom features oak units, stained glass window, powerful mains supply shower and ceiling loudspeaker for optional audio feed.
Living room is complete with matching solid oak furniture, large gilded mirror and matching settees. Features LCD flatscreen TV, Sky box and DVD/Blu-Ray player, the living room also has a large collection of DVDs, books and board games. The view from the front bay window is unimpeded with no adjacent buildings and clear visibility as far as Rutherglen.
Master bedroom features a cherry wood chest of drawers, oak bed frame and matching side tables, slickly designed fitted wardrobe with shelving for shoes at the side.
Bedroom 2 features a 3-drawer day-bed/chaise which converts into a slatted double-bed, bedside table and chest of drawers.
The long reception hall features antique telephone table and leather armchair.
There is double-glazing throughout and no trouble with noise pollution at all.
The flat is provided with Sky television/Sky box as well as wireless broadband wi-fi for which a password will be provided.
There are a wide selection of books, DVDs and board games available for you to make use of.
A child's cot and high chair are available on request. Please supply your own bedding for the cot.
We include Egyptian cotton towels and bed linens for our guests.
Guests will have use of the entire flat, including the private garden at the front of the property and an allotted parking space in the flat's private road.
Interaction with guests
I will not be on the premises but we do live fairly nearby so am happy to assist if needed.
Other things to note
We have been doing rentals and holiday lets to a high standard for over four years now. We have a log cabin in Argyll and this apartment here in Glasgow. Previously we let out the apartment long term. However, we have accumulated a lot of positive feedback regarding the standards we maintain as can be seen on our reviews page as well as our lodge's trip advisor page which has consistently positive feedback.
Terms and Conditions
1. The flat/apartment is to be used solely for its purpose as a holiday accommodation.
2. These terms will apply unless otherwise agreed in writing.
3. Guests are liable for any damage or breakages and the cost of replacement/repair thereof.
4. The apartment must be locked securely when unoccupied.
5. The flat is available for your occupancy from 4pm onwards.
6. You must vacate the flat by 11.00a.m. on the day of departure. Late departures can be arranged on request and must be agreed beforehand as we will have to make arrangements with our cleaners. There may be an additional cost for this.
7. The flat must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Guests will be liable for additional charges if extra cleaning is required.
8. Our receipt of your booking confirmation constitutes agreement of all the terms and conditions.
9. We cannot accept bookings from persons under 18 years of age.
10. The price agreed is based on the number of guests as indicated at the time of booking. Should there be a change in the number of guests you must inform us in order that we adjust the total cost correctly to cover sufficient bed linen and laundry and cleaning costs. The maximum number of occupants in the flat is 4 adults. We do not charge a fee for babies making use of the cot.
11. Payment will not be refunded if a holiday is cancelled any later than 28 days prior to arrival, unless we are able to re-let the flat. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover the unavoidable cancellation of your holiday.
12. The booking is made on the understanding that the flat will be available for your let. However should this not be possible for reasons beyond our control, e.g. Fire, damage, etc we would return your payment in full and you would have no claim against us. We are also unable to accept responsibility for any unforeseen problems arising during the holiday which are beyond our control but will take all reasonable steps to ensure such problems are dealt with as swiftly as possible.
Admission and Eviction
13. In the unlikely event of unreasonable behaviour or disturbance, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and ask that you vacate the flat. We will refund pro-rata for the remaining days of your holiday, less the cost of any damage or other losses. The flat is in a quiet, residential area and we will not tolerate it's use for weekend parties in the city, hence the minimum 5-day stay period.
14. There is private parking in the private road directly in front of the flat. All vehicles and their contents are parked at the owners’ risk. Please refrain from driving onto the grass of the private garden.
Dogs / Pets
15. Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the flat.
Cot / High Chair
20. A cot and high chair are available for infants. Please ask for use of these in advance and supply your own bedding for the child's cot.
Food & Drink
21. Do not consume food or drink in the bedrooms. We have had our Egyptian cotton bet sets ruined by curry stains and other marks from food and will consider stained bed linen as damages.
This host has 16 reviews for other properties.View other reviews