About this listing
Spacious sun bathed rooms with satellite TV & private balcony overlooking the hills & valley. Free Wifi internet with desktop/laptop computer in the lounge. Drive in with Taxi on call & secure parking on premises.
Location & Access:
We are located at a distance of 8 Km. from the town centre (The Lift/Mall Road), 10 Km. from the Shimla railway station and 12 Km. from Shimla Bus Stand (New). It takes around 20-40 mins for one side transfer depending on the traffic, road and weather conditions. Public bus charges Rs. 15-30 per person while it costs Rs. 400-800 in a private taxi, depending on the pick-up/drop-off point, type of taxi hired and tourist season. Rates mentioned are for one way transfer.
There are 3 bedrooms available for the guests spread across 2 floors which can accommodate upto 6 guests on double sharing basis or upto 9 guests on triple sharing basis.
Interconnecting and/or adjoining bedrooms are available.
Driver's accommodation available for an additional charge.
2 rooms are wheelchair accessible.
All rooms have 32" satellite TV showcasing over 290 free channels.
Breakfast is not included in the price & is charged separately as per order. Home cooked vegetarian lunch and dinner are available at an additional charge of Rs.500/- per head per meal. Meals can also be ordered from restaurants as per their actual food menu and delivery charges. Last order taken for delivery is at 08:00 PM. Delivery time is approximately 01:30 - 2:00 hours.
Kitchen facilities are provided on advance notice of at-least 5 days. Modular kitchen with electric chimney, cooking gas & stove, utensils & fridge. Grocery, vegetables, lentils, dairy products, juices & soft drinks and other daily use items are available from shops nearby - Please let us know atleast five days in advance if you require kitchen facility else it will be presumed that the booking is made only for room without kitchen requirement.
Windows based Desktop computer with Internet & connectivity is available at the Front Desk for guest use. Free WiFi is there in common lounge & hall. Hi-Speed Wi-Fi is also available in the rooms - extra charges apply as per data plan taken.
There is ample parking space. Taxi can also be arranged for sightseeing, as per your convenience.
Each room is outfitted with clean, contemporary furniture, a balcony as well as all modern amenities to provide you with a home away from home atmosphere.
All rooms have clean private bathroom with wall mounted/hand shower, hot water geyser, modern toilet with western seat & bidet.
Fresh bed linen, bath/hand towels, quilts / blankets, toilet paper roll, bathing bar, hair shampoo & hand soap is provided at no extra cost.
Guests can also have access to a full kitchen with utensils, cooking gas, stove, water purifier and fridge cum freezer on prior request of 5 days.
Electric room heaters are provided during the winter months (only one heater per room due to voltage constraints). Pedestal fans are provided during summer and monsoon months.
In-house laundry service is available at an additional nominal charge. Laundry done at the risk of guest.
Interaction with guests
I reside with my family on the upper floors of the same premises. Guests can either walk up to the main floor area if anything is required or call me.
“Aapo Aap" is a private residence where the owner & his family reside. Owner of Aapo Aap Building is a retired Indian Administrative Service Officer. His wife is a retired Principal of Government College. They both are settled here. Top floors are meant for family use while other floors have accommodation for the guests. Day-to-day affairs of the homestay are being looked after by their son i.e me, your host - Shivi.
We are based in Sargheen, in the suburbs of Panthaghati, on the outskirts of Shimla to the south.
Main area attractions include The Nyingmapa Monastery (Dorje Drak), Satya Sai Baba Temple, Brahma Kumaris spiritual organization & Sarva Dharma Mandir - Temple of all Faiths.
The place lies between National Highway 22 and Major District Road (Himachal State Highway), about 12 kilometers from the town centre & is well connected by public transport.
Public bus leaves from right outside our home (next to Sargheen bus stop) for the Mall Road (The Lift) at 09:00 A.M, 10:00 A.M and 11:00 A.M everyday except on Sundays & public holidays. It charges Rs.15 per head for one way transfer. The intercity bus transit at Panthaghati has buses lined up for the Mall every 10 minutes – they charge Rs.10 per person for one way transfer. Alternatively, private taxi charges Rs. 400/- to Rs. 600/- from Shimla railway station/bus stand/Mall Road (The Lift) for one side transfer (Prices may shoot up during peak tourist season).
Distances from our home:
Sargheen Bus Sto10 Mtr.
Dorje Drak Monastery (Nyingmapa) 1 Km.
Panthaghati Bus Transit 1.25 Km.
Tenzin Hospital 1 .25 Km.
Sri Satya Sai Baba MandiKm.
The Lift (Mall Road) 10 Km.
Victory Tunnel (Near Old Bus Stand) 11 Km.
Shimla Railway Statio 12 Km.
Interstate Bus Terminal (New I.S.B.T) 15 Km.
Other things to note
Electricity generator backup, incase of power failure, is available between 06:30 pm - 09:30 pm and between 07:30 am - 09:00am during winters only (Dec-Mar). An energy & fuel surcharge, to the extent of Rs. 500 per hour per room, will be charged in-case the electricity power generator is used outside the aforementioned timings/months.
There are 2 large dogs inside the main house & 2 adopted mutts dogs outside. The guest accommodation is independent of the main house and hence there is no movement of our pet dogs inside or around there.
We accept debit/credit cards (Visa and MasterCard). 2% bank processing fee applicable on payment by cards.
- Waste Bins emptied out everyday. Cleaning of room and change of bath towels available on alternate days. Change of bed linen after every 3 nights. Service available between 11 am - 1 pm only. Please leave your room key with staff if you wish to avail any of the above mentioned service.
- Limited room service to the extent of replenishing drinking water in the room is available.
- Rates are on EPAI basis & include taxes. Breakfast & meals are charged separately.
- Only one extra bed can be accommodated in every room, on additional payment of INR 1,000 per bed/person.
- Check-in is between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Late check-in not allowed.
- Check out by 12:00 Noon. Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability of room.
- Items left behind: Regular items left behind require you to contact us for returns. We'd be happy to put it in the mail back to you for a flat fee of INR 500 (within India -Larger items will incur extra charges.) Payment is to be made before the courier transfer is initiated.
- Please refrain from loud music or noise in the guest rooms as a mark of comfort of other guests.
- No smoking inside the room or the bathroom please.
- Rechargeable emergency lights are provided in case of power failure. Kindly refrain from using open flame candle of any type inside the rooms.
- Guests are required to provide Passport/Visa details at the time of Check -In & fill up registration form & guest register as required by the Law.
- Kindly do not leave the room/kitchen untidy upon checkout.
- Please turn off all bulbs/ hot water boiler/geyser, fan, heater and electrical appliances before moving out of the room or leaving the room unattended.
- Please refrain from washing clothes in the bathroom and help us conserve electricity & water. In-house laundry service is available at an additional nominal charge.
- Please DO NOT invite strangers/outsiders to our home/premises. Rights of Admission Reserved.