This tasteful self-contained studio is in Brisbane's best location: just a stroll away from some of the top cafes, restaurants and take aways in Red Hill & Paddington, a short walk to Suncorp Stadium, cinemas, supermarkets, La Boite Theatre, QUT and much more.
This tasteful self-contained studio is in Brisbane's best location: just a short walk away from some of the top cafes, restaurants and take aways in Red Hill and Paddington, close to Suncorp Stadium, The Barracks cinemas, supermarkets (10 min walk) and QUT Kelvin Grove Village. The property is only a 20-30 minute walk to the CBD, Roma Street Parklands and GOMA.
This self-contained studio is the downstairs floor of a recently renovated Queenslander house. Your hosts live upstairs with their baby. We do our best to keep noise to a minimum - please just check our positive guest reviews! Whilst your studio is sound insulated you may hear some family life upstairs. Your space is fully private and keyed separately. It features a large bedroom with queen size bed & ensuite. You have a nice chest of drawers and wardrobe to hang and store your clothes. A door in your bedroom leads to your private veranda. The separate lounge room and kitchenette (with adjacent washing machine) leads onto your own outdoor veranda with a table and chairs and this overlooks a leafy, green garden. Free complimentary linen (sheets and towels).
This property is very well located and close to:
- central CBD: just a 20-30 minute walk through the beautiful Roma St Parklands
- a selection of great cafes, restaurants and pubs
- Suncorp Stadium (only 10 minute walk!)
- Roma St Parklands
- The Barracks restaurant, bar and cinema complex
- Caxton St bars and restaurants
- Paddington (more boutiques, cafes and restaurants)
- Woolworths and Coles Supermarkets within walking distance
- QUT's Kelvin Grove Campus (free shuttle bus between Kelvin Grove and Garden Point campus for QUT students and staff)
- La Boite Theatre
- A 25 minute walk or short, 5 minute taxi ride from Roma St Station.
- A 30 minute walk to GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art)
- Located just off the Inner City Bypass which connects to the airport via car/taxi.
This inner-city property looks out onto big green trees. The house is in a quiet street in a quiet location. We have our own vegetable garden, so depending on the time of year you may get some greens.
The kitchenette contains a microwave, toaster, kettle, bar fridge, along with all the necessary crockery, plates, bowls, cups etc. Complementary ground coffee, tea and milk on arrival so that you can wake up and start the day well or relax on the balcony with a nice hot drink.
There is also a washing machine, so no need to worry about going to find a laundromat!
Free wifi internet is included and there is a flat screen TV and DVD player with a great selection of DVDs.
Interaction with guests
Your hosts Tom and Carolina are great guides to Brisbane and can tell you all the good spots to explore. We've also compiled a guide of the best things to do which are specific for this property (best restaurants, take-aways, cafes, shops, walks and attractions). If we are around, we are more than happy to assist you in any way to make your stay an enjoyable and comfortable one.
- No smoking inside. If you'd like to smoke you can do so on your private balcony.
- Noise is to be kept to a minimum after 10pm.
- No pets are allowed.
- If you're travelling with an infant or child, that's fine, but please let us know before booking so that we can quickly discuss arrangements and safety.
Tom: I grew up in Brisbane, love this city and know it like the back of my hand. Whilst living in Barcelona for 8 years, I met my wife Carolina and we moved back to Australia a few years ago. We both love the vibrancy and charm of Red Hill / Paddington and being so central is very convenient. I've travelled a lot and thoroughly enjoy meeting people of all walks of life. I work in the field of design and business and am interested in sustainable living. Our lovely space is yours to enjoy as if it were your own!
Carolina: Being from overseas, moving to this part of the world has been a fantastic change. I love Brisbane and certainly know what it's like to arrive fresh in a new city. Tom and I are laid back and happy to help you. I enjoy my work as a Kundalini Yoga Teacher and exploring Australia's wonderful outdoors. We speak English, Spanish and Catalan and are looking forward to welcoming you to this beautiful part of the world.