About this listing
Large, spacious room in quirky old terrace house on the border of Darlinghurst & Paddington. 2min walk to bustling Oxford St shopping, cafes, & bars. Only a 30min stroll into the city or jump on a bus & be there, Bondi Beach, or Central, in minutes.
Perfect place to base yourself for a fun-filled visit to Sydney!
We live in a big, old two-storey terrace house, with the living areas, kitchen, and bathroom on the ground floor, and the bedrooms upstairs. At the back of the house, where the separate toilet and bathroom are located, there is a small covered courtyard area, and the outdoor living space is at the front of the house in the driveway area.
You will have your own very large room upstairs, with everything needed for your stay. The room contains a comfy queen bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, hanging wardrobe, desk, cosy armchair, and a selection of books. All linen and bath towels are provided, along with beach towels, if required. Please let us know if you have any other needs, and we will try our best to accommodate them.
There is a flat screen TV in the lounge room, complete with Foxtel and a selection of DVDs, and there is wifi throughout the house. The kitchen contains everything required to create a gourmet meal or whip up a quick snack. Toiletries (shampoo/soap/etc) are provided, and we have a hair dryer and straightener available as well. The bathroom also has a washer and dryer, if you need to do laundry; and there are clothes lines in the covered courtyard, which also contains a big comfy daybed.
Apart from the bedroom, you will share the following communal spaces with us: bathroom (including laundry), toilet, back courtyard, kitchen, lounge room, outdoor living space (including BBQ).
Your stay with us also includes the following:
- Breakfast provisions (cereals, bread, spreads, juice, milk, coffee, tea, etc)
- Welcome bottle of red wine (stays of more than one night)
- Opal Card(s) to use while visiting (pass required for local transport)
Interaction with guests
We are easy-going, friendly people who are always happy to chat and share stories over a glass of wine; however, we will respect your privacy if that is what you would prefer.
We have lived in the area for years and know loads of local bars, restaurants, and sights to see, so we are more than happy to help out and to share recommendations and local advice.
Other things to note
Our terrace is a quirky old girl but very tidy, comfortable, and in an awesome location! Please note the following when considering staying with us:
- As is typical in old terrace houses, the stairs to the bedrooms are rather steep and narrow.
- There is no central heating/cooling in the house, however we have a portable air conditioner, fans, and heater available for your comfort. Your bedroom window can also be opened, with a screen to keep insects out.
- There is a sunroom off the guest bedroom; you will have access to the left side of the sunroom (to open/close window/blinds/etc), however part of that space is currently used as storage.
- The back covered courtyard mentioned is technically an outdoor space, with concrete floors that can get wet/slippery when it rains heavily.
- Whilst the shower has great water pressure and temperature, the hot water tap has had to be disconnected from the bathroom sink. Cold water still functions, with hot water tap available in kitchen sink.
- In addition to us, you will also be sharing the house with our dog, Ziggy. He is super friendly and we know you will love him. He will likely adopt you as his new best friend, so we suggest keeping your bedroom door shut, or you may find you have a new roommate. :-)
Please respect our home and treat it as you would your own. We are easy going and not big on rules, but please do note the following:
- Always ensure the front gate to the property is closed securely
- Ensure both the main doors are locked, and that Ziggy is inside the house when you go out.
- This is a happy, social house, but not a party house, so no additional guests allowed during your stay.
- There is no smoking anywhere in the house or on the property.
Lastly, and most importantly, please make yourself at home and let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your time in Sydney.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
Erin is originally from Canada, and has lived/travelled in many countries, settling in Sydney in 2006. She works in finance, but lives for the weekends and getaways/road trips.
Carmel is an artist and part-time nanny, who loves the ocean, cooking, and spending time in the sun with friends and family.
Together we love spending time at gigs, music festivals, sporting events, camping, and at the beach. We also have an adorable Sheltie named Ziggy, who completes our family.
We recently started using Airbnb in our own travels, and realised that our spare bedroom could be a great place for people visiting Sydney to stay.